šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What Is The Reason Behind Taylor's Slayage?

Legendary

Featured Posts

Great management.

She's constantly serving sinceĀ Fearless.

Her music is relateable.

-

Bow down, y'all.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No it's not meant to be rude. It's true. If you haveĀ the teenage girls, you're on top of the world, and it was always that way, since Elvis, the Beatles, etc

Also, refer to One Direction. A single tweet has like a 100K retweets and favorites. :deadbanana:Ā 

Redstreak

Because she has pretty fantastic music. People love the fact that her music is diary-like, as if we're getting glimpses of her personal life yet also being able to relate to it ourselves. You can say all you want about her image but at the end of the day the music still has to be good, and she delivers quality.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

AgusPop

White pre-teens and teenage girlsĀ Ā who thinks she is a barbieĀ :lolly:. Ā IĀ don't thinkĀ this is aĀ negative thing,Ā but this is why she is so popular in U.S. but outside America she is not that big

I think she's extremely mainstream and her songs as well. IĀ don't mean this in a negative sense, I like most of the songs.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

AgusPop

Plus,Ā she is safe for little kids.Ā She doesn't push boundaries. She is not controversial

This is good for her now but she will be remembered? I think not

This is why I dont like her as anĀ Artist. She is sweet and nice but for me she is boring.Ā 

Kayla

Through clever PR, media manipulation, image revamp, music revamp, pay for positive reviews/refusal to publish negative ones (my opinion, don't get crazy), taking the worldwide audience into consideration at long last...

Basically, it's all done through the usual manipulative ways, it's all planned, not organic. Barely anything that's a big success comes about naturally anymore. Taylor has changed so much and I don't know why her fans still claim she's relatable. I never found her to be that way, however, I could at least see how she was that way for others. So, to be put myself into the mindsight of one of those people, I would be disappointed at who she is now. She abandoned the music style that made her famous and the one were her heart truly lies and she looks and acts so different. Remember curly haired Taylor with her simple dresses and girl next door demenour? Now she's super-glam, with an on-trend, straightened haircut, she wears high fashion dresses and a much more s-xy style, with skyscraper heels. She kinda looks like she's had a breast enhancement. She even performs in lingerie at Victoria's Secret fashion shows and is friends with the models. Taylor before was friends with fellow country stars and musicians, now she's friends with supermodels, actresses, athletes and anyone else who smiles at her. She's dating one of the most generic dance music producers on the block and her music videos now are highly sophisticated, polished, focus-group researched and s-xual. This girl is the exact opposite of relatable now. She once sang about wearing t-shirts and sneakers instead of short skirts and high heels and being on the bleachers instead of being cheer captain. Now she's in a short skirt and heels every week (seriously, this is her daily outfit) and is a cheer captain in her Shake It Off video. She once denounced the popular girls in school, now she's Queen Bee. And somehow, all her fans stay.

I doubt it'll last forever, though. She's way too big for it not to all blow up in her face eventually. The Katy Perry diss track, the going to war with Spotify and Apple, the Nicki fight on Twitter, it's all beginning to be the tip of a major backlash iceberg and her true colours are beginning to show. I've seen more people saying that she's really a mean girl in disguise now than at any other point in her career.

I completely agree.

I think there's more to Taylor than we've seen, and I don't think it's genuine.

She's far too calculated. Even watching her be "so nice" in interviews and stuff looks put on. I'm not saying she isn't nice, but I do think she plays it up for her image.Ā 

Also, remember that article her ex-manager wrote about why she's so successful? It was a positive article praising her, but one thing he said seemed sketchy.Ā 
HeĀ told Taylor, "If you want to sell 500,000 albums, you need to meet 500,000 people," then claims from that moment on, she was staying late after shows to meet fans, stopping to sign things for them whenever they saw her, etc.Ā 

It seems like majority of Taylor's appreciation for her fans and "avoidance" of making enemies is more a business tactic, like the person who's nice to you to get something they want, but deep down don't really care all that much.Ā 

StrawberryBlond

I completely agree.

I think there's more to Taylor than we've seen, and I don't think it's genuine.

She's far too calculated. Even watching her be "so nice" in interviews and stuff looks put on. I'm not saying she isn't nice, but I do think she plays it up for her image.Ā 

Also, remember that article her ex-manager wrote about why she's so successful? It was a positive article praising her, but one thing he said seemed sketchy.Ā 
HeĀ told Taylor, "If you want to sell 500,000 albums, you need to meet 500,000 people," then claims from that moment on, she was staying late after shows to meet fans, stopping to sign things for them whenever they saw her, etc.Ā 

It seems like majority of Taylor's appreciation for her fans and "avoidance" of making enemies is more a business tactic, like the person who's nice to you to get something they want, but deep down don't really care all that much.Ā 

Yes, that's exactly it. It's like she studied a book entitled "How To Be The Perfect Popstar." It's like she's studied it as an art, not had it come naturally. Her label has programmed her to be a success for this era, like a robot.

I heard about that manager's line as well. It says a lot. Now, of course, every artist who cares for their fans will know this anyway but you can just feel the genuinity from some. The way that Gaga makes time for everyone who comes to her hotels, the time she spends with her fans on stage, the tribute she did for a fan who'd commited suicide, how touchy feely she gets with fans at M&G's, her visitations to the fansite she set up...you can just tell that she does it because she genuinely cares. Every time I see evidence of Taylor being nice to her fans, it just feels so...rehearsed and put on. I don't feel the warmth that Gaga radiates. That person who found boxes of Taylor fanmail in the trash I think proves that she doesn't keep every letter sent to her by regular fans. I also think her parade of famous "friends" on what feels like every gig on her tour is very indicative of someone who likes to boast about how many supporters they have. As long as she's got the numbers, does it matter to her if she doesn't really know or care about them on a really personal level?

I bet the run-in with Nicki on Twitter with everyone sticking their oars in (including the woman who she was currently dissing in her latest single) really shook her. She suddenly realised she wasn't universally adored and people were pointing out her flaws. Knowing that Nicki's an outspoken rapper, she was probably terrified that she was going to be destroyed in a line on Nicki's next album. Can you imagine if, on Katy's next album, there's a track featuring Nicki where they both take down a fake girl in the industry? No one's ever dissed her in a song and she was thinking it would be bad for her image if so. I don't buy that apology she made to Nicki one bit. That was likely the result of a very heated PR meeting.

nativenewyorker

She is one of the most, if not the most,Ā calculated popstars out there today. It's also a big reason why her brand is so massive. The ~quircky look at me XDDD whale feminism~ tumblr SJW stuff is a trend

omg I've been saying this for months. THANK YOU. her whole personaĀ is so fake.Ā 

Extremely mainstream so her fanbase can span across many demographics

This.

Her fanbase is not so segregated. Her appeal applies to many people as opposed to someone like Gaga that not everyone can like.

Gaga Monster

Very radio friendly music, pretty big stan base, GP loves herĀ :proud:

GGD Presidential Elections

• 2 weeks later...
JeffSwift

Because she's musically inclined whether it's songwriting/ playing instruments. She has an amazing personality and cares about her fans. And, well, she does an amazing job of keeping the tabloids (and haters!!) always talking about her and dissectingĀ her every decision as if they have any clue about what they are talking about!! :-)Ā 

TimisaMonster

She has loyal country and pop fans that mostly consist of little teenage girls who ask their parents to buy 20 copies of every album...

She's viewed as the innocent good girl who isn't s-xualized or curses so she appeals more to children and parents would rather buy that than a Nicki albumĀ 

Stream my new single, šŸ’œ"Heartbeat"šŸ’œ, on Spotify!

Archived