💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Were monsters the first to use the term "mom" in pop culture?

Coldplay

Featured Posts

Coldplay

I came across this video and they're giving the credit to Lorde. Do you think our definition of "mom" used to be different? (I think we don't use it anymore, but we did a lot back in 2011)

Do you think we started the trend? 

Either way, Gaga's always been a trendsetter. #LikeMotherLikeChildren:queenga:

Yanko

calling her mom was so cringe-worthy 

and only fanbase name i like is navy the rest is horrible imo :stalkga:

Tove Lo

Yeah idk we've been using mother for a while so of course we'd also use mom but I guess it eventually caught on to everyone else just like "YAS".

hop on that **** like a maniac

RAMROD

Mother, Mother, fack gobament! fack da gobament! #Iconic :fan:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Vernier

There are some "achievements" you don't want to lay claim to :rip:

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

monsterdreams

Mother, Mother, fack gobament! fack da gobament! #Iconic :fan:

I screamed 

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

Hola Soraya

:neyde: I hate this with a passion. 

¿Tú me estás hablando en inglés?

Yes Gaga originated the little monsters/mother monster term on December 3rd, 2009, well thats when she announced it to a live audience/fans for the first time. She said that in Camden, NJ that when she was in Boston a monster through a claw up at her and she said began calling us little monsters from that point on.

barcodemonster

We also invented daddy, sis, actually we invented the entire family dynamic as we know it today. Without us gays across the world would still be referring to their online contemporaries as "friends" 

scan my barcode

Benji

It all spawns from gay and drag culture which outdates Lady Gaga, so the short answer is; no. Gaga knows her gay culture, specifically the ball and the club scene and that's reflected in her work so it's only natural that it would follow her outside of just her image and work.

Coldplay

It all spawns from gay and drag culture which outdates Lady Gaga, so the short answer is; no. Gaga knows her gay culture, specifically the ball and the club scene and that's reflected in her work so it's only natural that it would follow her outside of just her image and work.

But is it? I've heard of drag mother which is a different thing in my opinion. And yes, Gaga has always brought ball and drag culture elements to her work which I love. 

Riot Poof

"Mom" always irked me because that implied the women I stan for have as much impact on my life as my actual mother. :deadbanana:

Also, I will forever hold a grudge against the pop stans on Tumblr for making me learn the abominable term that is "momther." :saladga: 

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Archived