đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Does Gaga mime her instruments during ARTPOP and Venus?

EvilChromatica

Featured Posts

EvilChromatica

sorry to burst your bubble but the vma bridge is in the studio track and not played by her.all she is doing is playing the chord of the strings playing in the background (the same strings that also play in the beginning after her singing "ill pray the fame wont take my life")

:shocked: how did you know that?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kitana

:shocked: how did you know that?

ive listened to that recording tenthousands of times to know how many stems are in that remix. also accompanied by a few filters to hear even more of the mix

You will learn respect!

ShockPop

sorry to burst your bubble but the vma bridge is in the studio track and not played by her.all she is doing is playing the chord of the strings playing in the background (the same strings that also play in the beginning after her singing "ill pray the fame wont take my life")

isnt it the same as the dazed digital short? I doubt that she wasn't playing it.

Rainbow Unicorn

She's doing the right chords, but she's not a guitarist... To me, she's miming or her guitar is just not loud to prevent from a carnage haha.

Rainbow Unicorn

I think the keytar and guitar might sometimes be (partly) playback, but normally she always plays the piano live

Keytar is always live I think because we can notice that she's playing differently every performance

• 4 weeks later...
JazzGa

I hate that she mimes guitar. It's one thing if she is actually playing the piano but it's just too quiet to hear but she is so clearly miming the guitar that I honestly think it's sort of hypocritical coming from someone who is so anti lip syncing :awkney: Lov u gagz but. . . 

It especially bugs me because she doesn't need to fake it! Gurl genuinely slays piano aND vocals and is an enjoyably good drummer and dancer too

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

AmenTheNight

I was at the artRAVE this night, and she was miming both during ARTPOP and Venus. Whenever a guitar is involved, I'm 100% sure she's miming. As for pianos, it depends, I would have sworn she played piano during Paparazzi at the VMAS, but maybe I'm wrong ...

crisTEAne

at my artRAVE, she did play both the piano and the guitar. it wasn't that loud, but i could certainly hear it. :yes: 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

gagzus

I feel the live band at the artRAVE was the worst she's had on tour...this was the one time NOT to do it or tone it down since the instrumentals had a lot of layers like you said AND it's mostly electronic "rave" sounding...that's why even PARTYNAUSEOUS sounded worse on the revamp sounding more rock and less bass...:saladga:

I actually disagree with most of this as the rock sound matched many of the songs, plus I always love when she uses live bands bc it makes a good live show (as I'm sure many fans would complain if it was just the EDM track and the stage would be majorly empty, all she'd have would be a DJ- probably Paul like the early TF era) the only parts it didn't match imo was PARTYNAUSEOUS & MJH, ARTPOP with the live band elements after the EDM siren driven intro is epic, her best tour intro imo, MANiCURE, Venus, Sex Dreams and Fashion! (when it was in the set) were highlights as well imo.

--

On the topic in the OP, i'd say it's simply because the noise of the audience and the audio levels vs the backing track for the piano, as for the guitar i'd say it's for theatrics mainly. However, she clearly can play guitar as she was the one who arranged and played it in the album version of Venus & Donatella I believe.

PrincessFried

So many people on this site need thicker skin. I mean most of us are probably gay men so I'm sure you're used to a lot of spiteful maliciousness in your life. Don't be so sensitive 

VforVendetta

I was at the artRAVE this night, and she was miming both during ARTPOP and Venus. Whenever a guitar is involved, I'm 100% sure she's miming. As for pianos, it depends, I would have sworn she played piano during Paparazzi at the VMAS, but maybe I'm wrong ...

She plays pianno at the VMAS. She almost always plays the piano, let's not.

I never thought that she mimics playing it in ARTPOP artRave though. (maybe she does) I am almost sure that I heard it on my artRave date though.

I do think she mimics playing the guitar on Venus though.

• 2 years later...

It might be because of theatrics, the electric chapel one is obviously just a prop to keep the “electric” theme. During the ArtRave, the piano for ARTPOP can be heard in some dates, like here: 

It’s almost like how the playback backing vocals for Paparazzi were always so loud on most camera’s, like that. As for Venus I believe she is playing it, she clearly played the right notes and it had a mic pack, also you can hear it faintly under the Instrumental here :3

Infinity Wave

Omg I thought this wad a new thread :rip:

We shouldn't bump old threads I think :omg:

Colourful

• CyanLights locked this topic

Archived