Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Fear the Walking Dead (Season 2 - April 10)

ryhanna

Featured Posts

Pandora

The trailer looks AMAZING! I'm so excited. Do you guys know when it will start airing in the UK?

Love the idea of zombies all year round now that we have this spin-off!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very pumped!  I think I heard / read where FTWD is already 'a go' for Season 2 and they want to show it during TWD's off season so pretty much zombies year round!!  Although, I don't know how much "life" is left in the original show after soon to be 6 seasons.  Pardon the pun, or don't.  :giggle:

After season 5 I'd say they have a lot of life left tbh. They really ramped it up and (IMO) made a "killer" season! It was easily my favorite of them all. Let's hope they can keep up the momentum into season 6.

Ambrosia

After season 5 I'd say they have a lot of life left tbh. They really ramped it up and (IMO) made a "killer" season! It was easily my favorite of them all. Let's hope they can keep up the momentum into season 6.

Great!  I enjoyed S5 as well and just when I think what other possible idea could they have to do next, they surprise me with a great, new twist.  Really excited for it to start and glad something is coming as early as next month to whet my whistle for October!

Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. -Socrates

Great!  I enjoyed S5 as well and just when I think what other possible idea could they have to do next, they surprise me with a great, new twist.  Really excited for it to start and glad something is coming as early as next month to whet my whistle for October!

Really? What's possibly coming?

Ambrosia

Really? What's possibly coming?

Sorry, I thought I was in the regular TWD thread, not FTWD thread. :saladga:

Bleachella

This is shot differently than TWD tho.. Makes it look more like a movie than a TV Show. Idk, I just notice random things like this :rip:

It looks AMAZING though :giveup:

• 4 weeks later...
Sister

For some reason, I thought that this was coming up this weekend, but we still have most of this month to go thru.:rip:

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

ryhanna

For some reason, I thought that this was coming up this weekend, but we still have most of this month to go thru.:rip:

Only two more weeks :giveup: we can make it

Ambrosia

I thought that as well because TWD; S6 restarts Oct. 11 and I got the month confused with the day thinking FTWD was to be on Aug. 11.  :flop: 

True, true.  It will be here before we know it!

Sister

Yes, I suppose you are right, but now I am paranoid thinking that something else must be happening this weekend and I mixed it up and forgot, I am horrible about television program scheduling.:dies:

At least there are things coming to look forward to.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

ryhanna

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rev...-review-813209

http://www.hitfix.com/the-dartboard/...remiere-review

http://tvline.com/2015/08/04/fear-th...off-pilot-amc/

A few reviews of the pilot episode.

It sounds fairly positive, and I'm expecting it to at least come close to matching the quality of the original series. I just worry that some people might be put off by the way it appears that the collapse of society isn't going to happen right off the bat. It sounds like we're going to begin following the lives of some regular people, and watch the world decay around them rather than jump straight into the zombies and action. 

I don't mind if the infection takes time to gather momentum if the lives revolve around some of the regular cast from TWD. The interest level won't be as high if all we get are new characters only. Do you know if the pilot will be longer than the usual 1 hour?

A few reviews of the pilot episode.

It sounds fairly positive, and I'm expecting it to at least come close to matching the quality of the original series. I just worry that some people might be put off by the way it appears that the collapse of society isn't going to happen right off the bat. It sounds like we're going to begin following the lives of some regular people, and watch the world decay around them rather than jump straight into the zombies and action. 

Mars..........or bust!

ryhanna

I don't mind if the infection takes time to gather momentum if the lives revolve around some of the regular cast from TWD. The interest level won't be as high if all we get are new characters only. Do you know if the pilot will be longer than the usual 1 hour?

They're all new characters, no previously existing ones. It's an entirely new story. I don't mind as long as the actors are good and the characters and stories are interesting, personally. The pilot will be a 90 minute episode, like TWD season 5 finale. TWD Season 6 premiere will also be 90 minutes. I guess they're going to stick with that for premieres and finales. 

Speaking of the cast from TWD, I had an idea that I'd really like to see:

We get a special event series showing us the origins of some key characters from the original TWD. Maybe, like, 10 episodes or something. Each episode is an entirely different story showing what happened to a character during the outbreak before they joined Rick. For example, one episode would show Andrea and Amy meeting Dale and beginning the Atlanta camp.

Another episode could show Shane taking Lori and Carl and leaving for Atlanta, meeting Carol. Another showing The Governor losing his daughter and taking control of Woodbury. Sasha and Tyreese, an episode for Abraham… I'd like to see that, if they were able to make it. I think it'd be cool. 

Ambrosia

They're all new characters, no previously existing ones. It's an entirely new story. I don't mind as long as the actors are good and the characters and stories are interesting, personally. The pilot will be a 90 minute episode, like TWD season 5 finale. TWD Season 6 premiere will also be 90 minutes. I guess they're going to stick with that for premieres and finales. 

Speaking of the cast from TWD, I had an idea that I'd really like to see:

We get a special event series showing us the origins of some key characters from the original TWD. Maybe, like, 10 episodes or something. Each episode is an entirely different story showing what happened to a character during the outbreak before they joined Rick. For example, one episode would show Andrea and Amy meeting Dale and beginning the Atlanta camp.

Another episode could show Shane taking Lori and Carl and leaving for Atlanta, meeting Carol. Another showing The Governor losing his daughter and taking control of Woodbury. Sasha and Tyreese, an episode for Abraham… I'd like to see that, if they were able to make it. I think it'd be cool. 

Aww, that would also be a great way to "revisit" those characters which have died.  That's a great idea.

I am one of the ones that wants to see what happened during the time-frame of Rick's coma.  All new characters is fine with me as long as they are interesting.  I see no reason why this new companion show should not live up to the same standards as the original.  One thing I like - no potential comic book spoilers.  We are ALL in this one together!!

ryhanna

Aww, that would also be a great way to "revisit" those characters which have died.  That's a great idea.

I am one of the ones that wants to see what happened during the time-frame of Rick's coma.  All new characters is fine with me as long as they are interesting.  I see no reason why this new companion show should not live up to the same standards as the original.  One thing I like - no potential comic book spoilers.  We are ALL in this one together!!

That's what I love about it, too.

I mean, I love the comics. Probably more than the show, actually - but watching a brand new show where NONE of the audience knows what might come next… that's exciting. 

Archived