💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was Gaga depressed after ARTPOP was released?

Katie14

Featured Posts

Whispering

so it would make sense if she checked into a care facility due to depression in December of that year.

The person was just asking if Gaga had been in a care facility in December. This is how silly rumors get started on GGD, tbh. 

Gaga was in The UK by December 4th, because she had a performance at Annabels on the 6th and then had the Jingle Bell Ball on the 8th. She had the performance on The Voice on the 18th. Then she was photographed shopping, going to the movies and eating out with Taylor and his family after that. Unless she had a short one week stay between the UK and The Voice, I don't see how she could work in a stay in a care facility into the month of December. 

teenagechrist

The person was just asking if Gaga had been in a care facility in December. This is how silly rumors get started on GGD, tbh. 

Gaga was in The UK by December 4th, because she had a performance at Annabels on the 6th and then had the Jingle Bell Ball on the 8th. She had the performance on The Voice on the 18th. Then she was photographed shopping, going to the movies and eating out with Taylor and his family after that. Unless she had a short one week stay between the UK and The Voice, I don't see how she could work in a stay in a care facility into the month of December. 

Well, sorry, I was not trying to start silly rumours, It was just a suposition/theory from what I have seen.

feeling so hot tamale

Whispering

Well, sorry, I was not trying to start silly rumours, It was just a suposition/theory from what I have seen.

I understand. It's been mentioned twice in a short time period in this thread, though and that's how theories get changed into facts somehow on GGD. Lol

Looking at Gaga's schedule during the month of December, there wasn't a long period of time where she wasn't involved in rehearsal, performances, travel, interviews or being photographed out with family and friends. She could have checked into a facility at another time, but December was pretty much spoken for.  

Sister

It was a little messy for a time, who can blame her.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Slayer

I think she was depressed long before ARTPOP as well, as far back as early 2012. But undoubtedly everything got worse after Troy betrayed her and the album "underperformed". It seems like it was only Cheek to Cheek that brought her back to life. 

But she seems happy now, so that's all that matters. 

I love judas SO MUCH but I canĘšt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

TimisaMonster

After ARTPOP was released... Of course...

she was depressed her manager and some friends betrayed her in her time of need...

She didn't get to do A LOT of the projects she had in mind for the era...

The album was getting bombarded with negative media...

The tour was not what she REALLY wanted but made it work...

Single choices were messy...eras were lack luster...

Etc...

2015 has been a revival year for Gaga (C2C Grammy, successful tour, engagement, making new music, etc) 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Katie14

I think she was depressed long before ARTPOP as well, as far back as early 2012. But undoubtedly everything got worse after Troy betrayed her and the album "underperformed". It seems like it was only Cheek to Cheek that brought her back to life.

But she seems happy now, so that's all that matters.

I was trying to remember where I got the idea that Gaga was depressed at the start of the ARTPOP era.  She said in some C2C interviews that Tony saved her because she felt so oppressed by the music industry that she didn't even want to write songs anymore.

Its confusing because during ARTPOP promo she was talking about how depressed she was the past year but said that she is feeling good now. She always says later on that she was depressed during a past time period. She never admits to how she is feeling at the time. She may have been feeling better than she was before so its not a complete lie or she may be confused herself about how she is feeling.

Riot Poof

I thought this was common knowledge by now.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Slayer

I was trying to remember where I got the idea that Gaga was depressed at the start of the ARTPOP era.  She said in some C2C interviews that Tony saved her because she felt so oppressed by the music industry that she didn't even want to write songs anymore.

Its confusing because during ARTPOP promo she was talking about how depressed she was the past year but said that she is feeling good now. She always says later on that she was depressed during a past time period. She never admits to how she is feeling at the time. She may have been feeling better than she was before so its not a complete lie or she may be confused herself about how she is feeling.

I think she just reacts in the same way that anyone would. When someone asks if you're okay, you wouldn't say "actually I'm pretty miserable right now, how about you?" 

I think she always says "I was depressed back then but I'm happy now" because she wants to make it look like she's overcome adversity and has come out the other side fighting (when, in reality, she hadn't even faced the worst of it at the start of the ARTPOP promo).

I wish she'd stop talking about being depressed in interview situations, to be quite honest. It's just bad energy, which is the last thing she needs when she's promoting an album. I hope she wipes the slate clean with the new album. No mention of her past work. Just looking onward and upward.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canĘšt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

freebit

Yeah, I think she was for a bit. Depression just kind of comes in waves, she probably has good days and bad days. I read that she was really quiet/closed off behind the scenes last year. She seems to be on the road to some recovery, she said she takes medication now in some interview. 

WhoAskedOpinions

She said she didn't have enough time to work on the Applause video, everything was rushed.

She also said she didn't originally intend to even have Applause on the album, so what is the "real ARTPOP"?

What makes Jewels n Drugs and MANiCURE album worthy when she had 100s of songs for ARTPOP such as Brooklyn Nights and Princess Die?

So I can imagine her frustration with trying to convey her vision for the era.

ILnKwD3.gif

hunty MANiCURE is one of her best songs and had the potential to smash the charts.... I agree about JND tho..

@WhoAskedOpinions - Rates, reviews, and rankings of music and TV shows

Klou

She had a lot of Twitter meltdowns before AND after the release, which was out of character for her. 

i felt really bad for her. It was affecting my own mood.

blacklistedd

Shes expressed it time and time again. Not only was she dealing with personal issues with so called friends behind the scenes but her career was being heavily questioned and criticized.

Alien Tulip

In a long ass nut shell:

Depression comes in waves. I'd say she was a bit underwhelmed with the backlash of Judas but she didn't care much for it and was still enjoying performing and promoting born this way but I think when marry the night underperformed she started to slowly get a bit sad and she wanted scheiße but interscope pulled the plug with born this way and so she felt a little disappointed but she had the born this way ball to look forward to so the beginning of the tour was able to distract her from her sadness. I think she got a bit anxious when she noticed her body was hurting towards the european leg of the born this way ball so she would smoke marijuana practically everyday to cope with the physical pain. Also her getting lip injections and botox is a sign of insecurities. I'd say right when her hip broke apart that's when the depression officially kicked in and she knew she couldn't finish the tour and possibly delay the next album. During her blackout period, many people didn't come to see if she was okay or even supported her. Gaga herself said she felt like a hamster on the wheel of fame and they just wanted her to continue doing magic tricks instead of remembering that she's human. 2013 was very depressing for Gaga because she felt she let her fans down when she had to cancel the tour hence why she was silent for about 3 months because she felt many of her fans were disappointed in her even though most of us understand and cared for her health. Interscope forcing Gaga to release ARTPOP so soon within her recovery didn't help either but she rolled with the punched and decided to release the first single summer 2013 but once again she was forced to put out Applause which was a song that wasn't even supposed to be on ARTPOP so that just fueled into her depression more but Gaga is a fighter so she continued and had very little time to plan and film the video. Applause eventually leaked and this just gave Gaga more anxiety than she already because she had big plans for the good morning america appearance but she never gave up. About the same day of the applause music video release, MTV contacted Gaga and told her that she couldn't do the performance she originally wanted to do so Gaga got sad and pissed off because she couldn't catch a break plus Perez hilton was messing with her and people on social media were being negative with applauses chart position with the comparisons of katy perry so she felt like the blonde girl in her previous dream in 2010 being torn apart limb from limb metaphorically. Gaga had little time to come up with a new more stripped down performance for applause at the vmas and she did. iTunes festival I assume Gaga started to become satisfied since that was all Gaga and her creative visions. Things started to slow down in Sept of 2013 but I guess Troy and Gaga had issues behind the scenes. Gaga decided to choose Venus as the second single but I guess Troy and Interscope wanted Gypsy (hence the facebook header of Gypsy) but Gaga eventually convinced Interscope to do Venus as the second single since Gaga had an amazing idea/vision for the Venus music video. Did you know that the Do What U Want commercial (the commercial with gaga wearing the flowers and garden panty) was supposed to be Venus commercial? The commercial was filmed before Venus was shelved aside as a single. Weeks later Gaga released Do What U Want as a promo single and Interscope creamed their pants when they saw how successful it was doing on the itunes charts so they decided to release that as a single instead of Venus since its more "radio friendly" and unfortunately they forced Gaga to lie to her fans and say "I wanted DWUW as a single" even though she was secretly sad and heartbroken because she had plans for Venus. At this point, Gaga was very depressed and was over everything but decided to do as much as she could with ARTPOP for her fans. DWUW video was shelved aside because she had very little time to plan it out. Gaga was depressed from November 2013 to May 2014 and had anxiety due to trust issues and depression. GUY was all Gagas idea and true vision but people just focused on the charts. I'd say around the time artrave started and Gaga started recording cheek to cheek with Tony Bennett, that's when she started to become slowly happy with baby steps. I think right when cheek to cheek album released thats when Gaga was happy again. Thank goodness for Tony Bennett right? 

Archived