💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The real problem with ARTPOP that could have changed EVERYTHING

Kate Bush

Featured Posts

Kate Bush

I think the problem with ARTPOP was not the songs. The songs were GREAT. The problem was the production. For example the (iTunes Festival) version of Sexxx Dreams KILLS the album version because it's so raw and real. Gaga needs to rely less on DJ's to produce her sound and start including more live instrumentation. She can make a great pop album without it being completely electronic and over produced.

tumblr_mad0rqARje1r7dslf.gif

Slade

I really like the production, but I agree the Swine Fest versions of the songs had a lot more energy and power to them, especially Swine.

Ladey Gagz

Sexxx Dreams being more "raw and real" would not have saved the album :neyde: Stop making excuses for its performance, it didn't even do bad. Accept what happened and move on :neyde:

codymonster

The album was honestly awesome, and I see little wrong with it.  In my opinion, there were a lot of songs that could have been "smashes" in terms of the GP, but, it had really nothing to do with that.  It mostly was the fact that the GP had moved away from her, like they do with every singer once in a while. It's just how it goes :sweat: She had 3 SMASH albums, and everyone wanted to tear her down because this album didn't smash as hard. Now they love her again. She always produces great music.  That's why I pay little attention to charts, and how the GP reacts, because they will just go with what the tabloids, and the "big names" are saying, which is based on non musical things for the most part :later: 

Kate Bush

Sexxx Dreams being more "raw and real" would not have saved the album :neyde: Stop making excuses for its performance, it didn't even do bad. Accept what happened and move on :neyde:

The thread tag is "OPINION" so I could say what's in my mind x

:later:

Bad Bromance

The album was honestly awesome, and I see little wrong with it.  In my opinion, there were a lot of songs that could have been "smashes" in terms of the GP, but, it had really nothing to do with that.  It mostly was the fact that the GP had moved away from her, like they do with every singer once in a while. It's just how it goes :sweat: She had 3 SMASH albums, and everyone wanted to tear her down because this album didn't smash as hard. Now they love her again. She always produces great music.  That's why I pay little attention to charts, and how the GP reacts, because they will just go with what the tabloids, and the "big names" are saying, which is based on non musical things for the most part :later: 

So true!  Spill that hot tea, sis.   :yes:

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

Kate Bush

PREACH baby xox

ChasingGhosts

Real or 'live' instruments > electronic music. 

Born This Way > Joanne > The Fame Monster > The Fame > ARTPOP

Benji

Gaga needs to rely less on DJ's to produce her sound and start including more live instrumentation.

DJWS wasn't the problem because he knows how to produce a song. Evidence in the fact he made the better version of Sex Dreams (Heard here) ... Let's be real, would he have really made Swine sound as god awful as he did on the album if he had the reigns considering he knows how to make dance music?

Sorry Gags but that last minute tinkering with the album sounds like it killed it.

ARTPOPdidntflop

so many ARTPOP threads lately.

let it rip :pray: 

Gaga x Nicki x Azealia x Ariana x Kesha x Bey

Dayman

The production was perfectly fine. Nothing could've "saved" ARTPOP because there was nothing wrong with it. Yes there were management problems, but they were unavoidable by the time the wheels were turning. ARTPOP just wasn't what the radio wanted then. The album was still a success and the body of work it provided is still solid. Just because it isn't known as "The Best Selling Album of All Time by Lady GaGa" doesn't mean we need to have a thread every week a--lyzing what could've made it "better". There was nothing wrong with ARTPOP and nothing had to be "fixed" - you can't hit a home run every time your up to bat, doesn't mean you played a bad game though.

See I think what y'all are referring to that's so weird is the mastering. Someone killed the bass on all the songs and added really high frequencies that made things sound abrasive. With a proper mastering engineer it would have had the same sonic impact we got in the demos. :yes:

Archived