💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I would enjoy an R&B album more than a rock album

Gaga Ate My Ass

Featured Posts

Miracle

Rock music is way better than RnB tho. And Gaga's voice was made for rock music, but if you don't understand rock music, how are you gonna judge it? 

I find post-1990 R&B really boring and stale - even Beyonce can't get hits with that sound.

. I'd be happier with older black music influences like Prince and Tina Turner. 

LoveandMagic

Well to be fair, their are very judgemental people of every genre, especially on the internet. Lol.

I think she would do well in many genres, so I can't see why she wouldn't slay at R&B.

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Schwerk

Exactly! The most obvious and predictable direction, tbh! The best predictor of a direction of future releases is looking at her past releases. 

Right. And as predictable as it sounds, it's also very unpredictable because you never know what musical ingredients she'll pick this time.

But it wouldnt suprice me if her album will be different to her previous ones and maybe not be as diverse/all over the spectrum and more subtle, unlike ARTPOP for example.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

ARTPOPchamp

gagas voice fits more towards r&b than rock. Yes she loves rock music but that doesnt mean shes going to be good at it. I listen to a lot of old school r&b and I cant help but imagine how amazing gaga would do at covering those songs. Do what u want is proof that her voice can go well with that genre. Gaga even said Patti LaBelle ( the best singer ever) as her vocal inspiration. They performed together years ago and Patti had nothing but good things to say about gaga. Now that gagas voice has progressed it'd be amazing if she were to experiment in that route. R&B fans are also really open minded and free unlike the judgmental rock fans that believe only rock music has soul and that dance music is soulless.

No dear. First Lady Gaga did R&B with The Fame, a lot of the tracks were R&B tinged, such as Love Game. Second, she did it again with Do What U Want. Third, you're one of the most judgemental people I've ever seen on here, not openminded like the rock fans. Fourth, no one said rock has more soul, we said it has more longevity. And Lady Gaga herself has said she believes pop music is soulless like fame and wanted to bring soul into it. Beyonce is R&B, so is Rihanna ... you call their fans openminded and free? I don't think so. Patti LaBelle is also more soul than R&B. 

ARTPOPchamp

Rock music is way better than RnB tho. And Gaga's voice was made for rock music, but if you don't understand rock music, how are you gonna judge it? 

PREACH MY COUSIN! :legend::applause::pray:

Nicole

While I'd love for Gaga to further explore R&B in her career, I'm using my every prayer on a rock album before any other genre :sweat:

Jewels n Drugs

DWUW cured my cancer and cleansed my soul so yes please.

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

Miker

I haven't seen Gaga do anything on the Rock and Roll scene that I would consider special as of yet. As much as I love Rock and Roll, I think gaga is more suited for R&B. I hope she proves me wrong. 

Mars..........or bust!

adamsenigma

Gaga doing and R&B would be a big mistake because

1.) I'm not here for that
2.) Tumblr will be on her ass for "appropriating black music" or something

Gaga doing R&B would be the **** because:

1. I'm here for that.

2. R&B is so popular now-a-days, with someone so popular like Gaga doing R&B/Pop bops like 'Do What U Want' the album would be a success.

Dorothy Gale

I feel like it'll be pop, but Gaga always has eclectic sounding music. I mean Born This Way had rock influences, and heavy metal melodies The Fame had R&B flavor, TFM had industrial sounding beats, AP had EDM and trance. She's never just been "pop".

Riot Poof

I'd like an album with both rock and R&B influences tbh.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Archived