💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Applause - "First Released Version"

Music

Featured Posts

Music

okay, so I remember noticing this back when Applause was released and ironically someone finally posted the audio for it on YouTube!
the first version of Applause that was released sounds a little different to the version on the album. take a listen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKsC-jTiEfU

noticeable differences to the album's version:
- the instrumental in the chorus is louder
- in some parts, the vocals seem louder or different (less polished maybe?)
- the bridge does not have the "woo"s
- the "suddenly the Koons is me" phrase is echoed a little more
- towards the end of the song, the harmonised "Make it real loud!" phrase is a different recording

these are just some distinct differences. 
I am not too sure whether this has been posted recently, but what are some of your opinions on this?
do any of you remember acknowledging this?

discuss below!

Hurem

This is like the alternative version that has been leaked/released few minutes before the radio premiere.

warhol killer

isn't this the leaked version? i love it tho, the pre-chrous instrumental slays + chorus and the last "Make it real loud!"  :lolly:

The A-P-P-L-A-U-S-E part of the song is louder in the album version.

warhol killer ✴ GAGA¹⁵

Andy McQueen

Could someone please edit both versions together? I love the "Koons echo" in the first released version so much but I miss the "woo"s from the officially released track. :noparty:

Reminds me of the situation with "Pity Party" by Melanie Martinez (the girl in my avatar). Her new song leaked alongside the final music video, but the song was different. For example some of the vocals were different, and there weren't several loud backup vocals in the chorus. Tho, "Pity Party" was only a few weeks ago, wheras Applause was two years ago. It slayed, I love it.

Applause's leak version also slayed and I love that.

LetsGetHigh

It's the demo version that leaked on Tumblr minutes before Applause debuted on iHeartRadio + radios worldwide. This is not the "first released." You can also notice the "AR TP OP" is not the same as the final released version.

Use this as reference as well. The one in the OP is not the first released version, it's the demo that Madonna Nation had. 

NewYorkCity

I still remember a few people having meltdowns over those insignificant changes. They just love it, don't they?

SweetEscape

I heard this version a couple of weeks ago on the radio and I was so confused :laughga: 

What about that one version where it sounds like a demo, i dont have time to find it , but its under Applause alternative version or smth.  it sounds choppy. lots of changes ,diffrent from OP

OBEY

my friend has this version on her iphone :rip: 

Hauser

I thought this was going to be about the version where Gaga is maybe drunk and mumbling and at point goes "yaaaayyy!" :toofunny:

TimisaMonster

It's one of the final demos probably befoe the album version...I also rememeber a snippet that had homophonic effects to it? "I live for the applause, applause , applause..." It sounded in one ear and slowly sounded in the other...does anyone else remember this?

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Archived