Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
band

Years & Years

Mr Ricky

Featured Posts

Mr Ricky

Kind of sad, that there hasn't been made a thread about this amazingly, talented and lovely artist (cutie too). 

Year__Years_-_Farah2_732_452.jpg

Left: Mikey Goldsworthy - Middle: Olly Alexander - Right: Emre Turkmen

Years & Years are a British electronica trio founded in London. The group consists of frontman and keyboardist Olly Alexander, bassist Mikey Goldsworthy and synth player Emre Turkmen. Years & Years' music has been described as electropop, mixing R&B and '90s house elements, with Flying Lotus, Diplo, Radiohead and Jai Paul being their core influences. They have had a number-one hit with "King".

Years & Years' debut single "I Wish I Knew" was released in July 2012 on the label Good Bait, with the band performing as a five-piece group. In 2013 the group signed to French label Kitsuné Records as a three-piece and released their second single "Traps" in September 2013. Their third single "Real" was released via Kitsuné in February 2014 and its music video featured an appearance from Alexander’s Peter and Alice costar, Ben Whishaw, and former Misfits actor Nathan Stewart-Jarrett. In 2014 the group signed to Polydor Records and released their fourth single "Take Shelter". The EP reached the number 1 spot on the iTunes UK Singles Electronic Chart. In December 2014, the group's fifth single "Desire" was released, peaking at No. 22 on the UK singles chart. In January 2015, Years & Years' sixth single "King" was previewed on BBC Radio 1, selected as Zane Lowe's Hottest Record of the day. In March 2015, the single reached number one on the UK Singles Chart. In January 2015, Years & Years won the prestigiousBBC Sound of 2015. Years & Years were also nominated for the Critics Choice Award at the Brit Awards 2015. Their single "King", released on 1 March, reached number one on the UK Singles Chart on 8 March 2015. On March 18, 2015 Years & Years announced their debut album Communion. The album is to be released on 10 July 2015 by Polydor. 

I LITERALLY CAN'T FIND ANY SINGLE FLAWS SO FAR. THIS ALBUM IS GOING TO SLAY.  :giveup:

New Music Video Release SHINE :

WORSHIP :

DESIRE :

KING :

TAKE SHELTER : 

Crossfit

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr Ricky

For the past few days, people have been telling me that I look like the lead singer (Olly Alexander) , I don't know how to feel about that. :flirt:

Crossfit

Lassex

Desire peaked at #22? :omg: I thought it was their first big hit. At least I heard it everyday on the radio this winter/spring! Anyway, my favorite song from Y&Y is Worship :gaga: Love it!

Mr Ricky

Desire peaked at #22? :omg: I thought it was their first big hit. At least I heard it everyday on the radio this spring! Anyway, my favorite song from Y&Y is Worship :gaga: Love it!

​Worship slays so fcuking much. :giveup: 

The chorus still gives me LIFE and ENERGY. 

Crossfit

Mr Ricky

And really, none of the songs are boring me. I can repeat as much as I want, and it still sounds so great. Or am I fangirling too much now? :flop: 

Crossfit

Robotboy

i think i speak for everyone when i say that they are great, king is awesome and olly is really cute
 :hor:

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

king was fresh but nothing new. I really like Shine, was waiting for the video to see if this one is actually worth following.

MonsterMum

I started to like them but then they came to do promo to one of the 3 biggest radio shows in our country.

It was so bad live that for weeks they just got dragged on the channel and the clip was repeated of him being off key so bad...wooh the lashings he got :giveup: 

They are flawless and I am so happy we finally have a cool gay popstar. SLAY 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

MonsterMum

Wait I found it. I read at the comments that the night before they performed on a national late night show and it was even worse :toofunny:

Mr Ricky

he's like a cute male lorde on stage lol

​I would do anything to him. :hor:

He is like the perfect guy, for not being perfect at all. 

Crossfit

Archived