💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

From Red and Blue to The Fame

Wet Fire

Featured Posts

Wet Fire

I was just thinking about it...if you hear the albums one after another, there are not clear similarities at all. Yes, Brown Eyes, Again Again and maybe Summerboy have the essence of Red and Blue but that's it. In some parts the vocals have similarities, but even that's minimalistic. Red and Blue was a glam rock-influenced record with some ballad-esque musicality. And prominent use of guitar and piano is also a key quality. On the other hand, The Fame is a dance-pop record with solid club bangers, pseudo-R&B music and hip-hop influences. Just shows how Gaga's music changed all in a sudden. And MANiCURE is like a fusion of the music of Red and Blue & The Fame. Wasn't it quite a transition? I mean yes, she experimented on Born This Way and brought something other than The Fame Monster. But the Red and Blue - The Fame reinvension was quite excuisite. I was just wondering how the music of the two records relate to each other? I mean is it like dance-pop came from glam rock or what? Someone's musicality doesn't change overnight. Was it only because of the producers? I mean, suppore Gaga was the main producer of the album. Then we'd have obviously had a Red and Blue-type record, not a dance/electronic album like The Fame. Also, I think her producers badically started the whole vocal editing and autotune thing (which is not always bad at all) that kind of became aproblem during ARTPOP era...just a thought...shared it.

Bio

If you listen to the demos leaked from that era (the gap between R&B and TF) you can clearly spot a natural progression. A lot can change in three years, especially when you're that young. 

Didymus

If we can believe someone like Wendy Starland, Fusari just hated the pop rock sound and urged her to start writing electronic pop songs instead. She said that though instantly she didn't like it, she realized she was good at it and grew to like it in the end.

I think you're wrong to assume that if Gaga is in control of a production it will be her own "style" (if she even has it) though. If she knew that electronic dance songs were the key to her success, she could've just agreed to making that.

About the voice editing: they did that in post-production and Gaga said Interscope is responsible for that, not her producers.

bayonse

red&blue- stefani

the fame- stefani after she stole lina morgana's identity 

no more parties in LA

giskardsb

Fusari talked Gaga into doing electronic pop because nobody was interested in signing a rock based singer songwriter.  At that time I think Gaga was more concerned with just getting in the industry than artistic integrity.  Not that she "sold out" but rather "bought in." 

I think she grew to appreciate what she could do in the genre though.  But it's not exactly surprising that she keeps trying new genres and bringing rock back into the picture at times.

Wet Fire

@DIDYMUS oh I see...anyway, I was just thinking that if she didn't really know that dance music would be the key to her success then she would've put out something similar to Red and Blue. I mean yes, you can change your musicality...but not without particular reasons. But I'm really proud that she excelled in dance music after making music like that of Red and Blue, which was quite great too IMO.

Wet Fire

@DIDYMUS oh I see...anyway, I was just thinking that if she didn't really know that dance music would be the key to her success then she would've put out something similar to Red and Blue. I mean yes, you can change your musicality...but not without particular reasons. But I'm really proud that she excelled in dance music after making music like that of Red and Blue, which was quite great too IMO.

Wet Fire

Wet Fire

Creyk

Well, she had to change up her style in general.

Not only her musical style, but also her looks became a lot different. From an ordinary girl she had to become a superstar.

It's good that she was willing to go for the thing that would bring her more success

Archived