Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

The Do What U Want Effect?

Quark

Featured Posts

Quark

​If you do your research you will find out that Aura is her only EDM release. And funny enough its not even her production, she bought the beat from infected mushroom (an actual EDM duo), Synthpop is a product of Electronic music, but it certainly is not EDM, nor a branch that belongs to it. 

Aura, Swine, Donatella, are just more electronic dance heavy. But most of her songs are electronic dance music.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus

The thing is that you bring me facts, which I acknowledge to be facts, that don't change Gaga's impact. You keep saying how EDM was mainstream before Gaga, which is true, but the true popularization of dance music happened until after Gaga. Like you said, were are just going in circles here.

​Yet you can't back that up with evidence.

AbuHassan1992

Synpop/dance pop is electronic dance music. So why is it not EDM?

​oh my god how are you still dodging ALL my questions. SYNTHPOP AND DANCE POP ISN'T EDM. EDUCATE YOUR ASS

AbuHassan1992

Aura, Swine, Donatella, are just more electronic dance heavy. But most of her songs are electronic dance music.

​most of her songs aren't electronic dance music. They're dance pop that's electronic. There is a difference.

Quark

​most of her songs aren't electronic dance music. They're dance pop that's electronic. There is a difference.

I know there is a difference. But to me dance pop is part of EDM since the whole point of a song being called EDM, is that they are electronic dance songs. I know many people do not consider these genres to be EDM. Only genres like house, trap, ect. Are consider EDM. But at the end of the day, my poiny was that Gaga was one of the main factor in the mass acceptance of electronic dance music in the U.S. The other genres of EDM were just a natural evolution of dance pop/synth pop.

Jjang

Can you seriously tell me that they don't sound very similar? If they are so different why are manymany here making the connection between style and DWUW? 

​They sound similar because of the bassline. Don't you understand that if it were different both songs would have sounded nothing alike?

AbuHassan1992

I know there is a difference. But to me dance pop is part of EDM since the whole point of a song being called EDM, is that they are electronic dance songs. I know many people do not consider these genres to be EDM. Only genres like house, trap, ect. Are consider EDM. But at the end of the day, my poiny was that Gaga was one of the main factor in the mass acceptance of electronic dance music in the U.S. The other genres of EDM were just a natural evolution of dance pop/synth pop.

​well you can't really say "to me, it's edm" when it's not. It's like saying "to me, romcoms are action movies".

Gaga wasn't the main factor in the mass acceptance of EDM in the US. She was riding a wave. She WAS not a pioneer, she was NOT the first artist to make electronic music and she was NOT the reason people started listening to EDM. People have been listening to EDM since the 90s, even before that. 

The other genres of EDM (as you put it) weren't natural evolutions of dance pop/synth pop. damn son you've got it all wrong. the other genres in EDM have been around for years and years, but only gained prominence lately in the mainstream, such as dubstep. Dubstep has always been there, but it was commercialized and pop'ed up and became mainstream, but not because of gaga. EDM has NOTHING to do with Dance and synth pop. It doesn't stem from pop music. You have NO clue what you're talking about and NO SOURCES to cite

Tove Lo

​Yeah most people think of those genre's first but if it is Electronic + Dance + Music it will be EDM. No matter what. Even Ellie Goulding's album Bright Lights can be considered EDM. I think the genre on Bright Lights is somewhat Synth Pop.

hop on that **** like a maniac

AbuHassan1992

​They sound similar because of the bassline. Don't you understand that if it were different both songs would have sounded nothing alike?

​yeah, and the bassline isn't original at all, it's just playing a note every 8th note

Jjang

​yeah, and the bassline isn't original at all, it's just playing a note every 8th note

​Its indeed a very basic pattern, but according to the OP its ahead of its time. :rip:

AbuHassan1992

​Yeah most people think of those genre's first but if it is Electronic + Dance + Music it will be EDM. No matter what. Even Ellie Goulding's album Bright Lights can be considered EDM. I think the genre on Bright Lights is somewhat Synth Pop.

​that right there is one of the most common misconceptions. Just because it's dance music that's electronic doesn't mean it's automatically EDM. Dance Pop music =/= EDM. It's a stupid term radio made up that's way too broad to cover all the genres within it. 

Tove Lo

​that right there is one of the most common misconceptions. Just because it's dance music that's electronic doesn't mean it's automatically EDM. Dance Pop music =/= EDM. It's a stupid term radio made up that's way too broad to cover all the genres within it. 

​Whatever you say. If a pop artist uses House influences, makes it a House type song with Dance music, that is Electronic, but also Pop, I will consider it EDM.

I Can't Stop Drinking About You is just watered down dubstep/brostep but the pop element doesn't break it away from being EDM.

AbuHassan1992

​Whatever you say. If a pop artist uses House influences, makes it a House type song with Dance music, that is Electronic, but also Pop, I will consider it EDM.

​ no that's not edm it's a pop song with house influences. You wouldn't call I Knew You Were Trouble dubstep even though it has minor influences

Tove Lo

​ no that's not edm it's a pop song with house influences. You wouldn't call I Knew You Were Trouble dubstep even though it has minor influences

Whatever you say sis. I'll keep listening to my EDM music (This song is listed as House on Beatport as well.) and you keep doing you aka being in denial and trying to preserve your genre's from being mixed with Pop :lolly: 

AbuHassan1992

Whatever you say sis. I'll keep listening to my EDM music (This song is listed as House on Beatport as well.) and you keep doing you aka being in denial and trying to preserve your genre's from being mixed with Pop :lolly: 

​what the **** are you talking about? asshole

Archived