Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Aren't you glad about the Katy/Taylor situation ?

Blue Jeans

Featured Posts

Redstreak

What about comparing PRISM to Speak Now? PRISM, 2 years, and 3.6 million copies WW. Speak Now, 5 years, and 5.1 million copies WW (4.4 million copies of it in the US).

Because like I said they weren't released in similar music climates like 1989 and Prism were. And last I checked Prism has not sold that amount. Besides, you compare Prism to ARTPOP whenever the situation is brought up even though by your admission you're wrongfully comparing a 3rd and 4th release.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ARTPOPdidntflop

What about it being the most watched TV program in HISTORY? More viewers than the actual SuperBowl game btw.

​Because of the fact that it was a Half-time show...

It couldn't of been that good if the whole thing got out shined by a back-up dancer in a shark suit

Also when Missy Elliot gets more praise than Katy, and she was a feature.. :reductive2:

Gaga x Nicki x Azealia x Ariana x Kesha x Bey

Blue Jeans

Guys omg calm down, it was a joke thread, why do yall take things so seriously ?...

wgnPUyc.gif

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

JustPokeHerFace

I already explained why Taylor got so many views, and i will not repeat it again. She did cheat. She had her music in Spotify, and suddenly after all these years she took her music out of Spotify and other streaming websites. It was a smart business decision, I give her that, but it wasn't really different than cheating in order to get more views and sell records.

Before I argue my point, let's establish something: the music industry is an INDUSTRY, not a game. 

In an industry, a person or company tries to achieve greater success than their competitors. So it would make sense for Taylor to pull her music from Spotify, given the fact that it gave her brand an advantage, which is the goal of any entity competing in an industry.

And as I said before, taking one's music off of Spotify cannot be considered cheating due to the fact that there is no rule saying that a recording artist must have his/her music on Spotify. Cheating is gaining an advantage in an unfair way, and Taylor pulling her music off of Spotify isn't unfair. Katy and her team could do the same if they wanted to. So because any of Taylor's competitors could do it at any time they desired, it is not an unfair advantage, and not considered cheating. And people can still stream Taylor's music on MusicPleer, I do it all the time. :rip: 

Kacey Elizabeth

Because like I said they weren't released in similar music climates like 1989 and Prism were. And last I checked Prism has not sold that amount. Besides, you compare Prism to ARTPOP whenever the situation is brought up even though by your admission you're wrongfully comparing a 3rd and 4th release.

I didn't even compared PRISM and ARTPOP. The media did. Go and check ChartNews, where it is confirmed that PRISM has sold that much. PRISM was released in 2013, a year when album sales had declined compared to 2010 (the year when Speak Now was released), a year when people still bought a lot of albums, and PRISM was able to sell twice as fast as Speak Now did. 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Kacey Elizabeth

​Because of the fact that it was a Half-time show...

It couldn't of been that good if the whole thing got out shined by a back-up dancer in a shark suit

Also when Missy Elliot gets more praise than Katy, and she was a feature.. :reductive2:

It was a halftime show, and? You are contradicting yourself. Halftime shows don't get that many views and only a few halftime shows got more views than the actual SB game, and even they didn't got as much as many views as Katy's halftime did. When you look at the performance's YouTube videos, you see a lack of left shark comments. You don't see them at all in some videos. By the way, celebrities in the social media only praised Katy and her performance, not Missy. The web search datas, chart positions, record sales, and mainstream and important news sources (talking about and praising Katy and her performance) all prove that Katy got more attention than Missy. Try again.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Redstreak

I didn't even compared PRISM and ARTPOP. The media did. Go and check ChartNews, where it is confirmed that PRISM has sold that much. PRISM was released in 2013, a year when album sales had declined compared to 2010 (the year when Speak Now was released), a year when people still bought a lot of albums, and PRISM was able to sell twice as fast as Speak Now did. 

Prism isn't going to suddenly jump 1.5 million within the next couple of years henny. Plus let's not forget Speak Now ha critic reviews, Grammys, and being written all on her own :o And I've seen you in every thread of AP that brings Katy up with you slinging out number after number so I'm not buying it unnie. And you're right! Album sales have gone way down, guess that just makes 1989's numbers that much more impressive :green: 

Yanko

Nope, Sorry. Dark Horse will be the first video by a female to hit the 1 billion views mark on both YouTube and VEVO. Blank Space maybe, maybe become the 2nd female video to hit the 1 billion views mark. Taylor got all those huge views for Blank Space by cheating pretty much.  

:rip::rip: :rip: 

Redstreak

why do yall care omg 

Threads like these are fun. It's why O*G*G*'s mostly rule free Stan Wars thread is one of the sites most popular

Koreku

this thread got cute

Who+knows+allah+_b7f95152f2cc7ff64b8d704

You don't deserve a point of view if the only thing you see is you.

Bradley

I wouldn't encourage war or feuds between any parties but I think this isn't beneficial to Gaga like how you said. In before a three-way collaboration between the three. 

ARTPOPdidntflop

I wouldn't encourage war or feuds between any parties but I think this isn't beneficial to Gaga like how you said. In before a three-way collaboration between the three. 

​Gaga needs to have her revenge for the damage Katycats did to the ARTPOP era :fthis:

Gaga x Nicki x Azealia x Ariana x Kesha x Bey

Kacey Elizabeth

Prism isn't going to suddenly jump 1.5 million within the next couple of years henny. Plus let's not forget Speak Now ha critic reviews, Grammys, and being written all on her own :o And I've seen you in every thread of AP that brings Katy up with you slinging out number after number so I'm not buying it unnie. And you're right! Album sales have gone way down, guess that just makes 1989's numbers that much more impressive :green: 

Let's not forget to talk about PRISM's single success, Katy's stardom/popularity, streaming, airplay, charts, and touring as well. PRISM's sales are still rising. It wouldn't be impossible for it to sell 1.5 million copies within next few years. 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Redstreak

Let's not forget to talk about PRISM's single success, Katy's stardom/popularity, streaming, airplay, charts, and touring as well. PRISM's sales are still rising. It wouldn't be impossible for it to sell 1.5 million copies within next few years. 

Erm, I'm gonna say it's not happening. And you're right that Katy generally has higher single sales. It's unfortunately something Taylor won't ever really have as long as her albums keep selling as well as they do.

Archived