other

The Edge Of Glory scrapped video concept revealed

SissyFromSpace

Featured Posts

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Weasel

*sigh* now I'm sad again because the edge of glory is one of my favorite songs ever and wow I didn't know they actually filmed some scenes. I wonder how Gaga looked as a fish. It's sad that we ended up getting such a tragic cheap sloppy music video and then gaga tried to fuse all of those ideas into the you and i video but it ended up looking cheesy and unprofessional. I really hope things get better for the next era and no more "creative differences" because I feel like I haven't truly been impressed by lady gaga in almost four years except the oscars and maybe swine festival. 

​Now this is what I call the tea :worship:

Weasel

I can't watch the video, what does it say?

​It's one of the actors from the original video they shot talking about how she was a fish in the video and in Versace from head to toe and that it looked epic compared to the released one, which is ''eh'' according to him. 

MonsterOfSpain

52b0f867.gif

I love the video we got because it's really emotional but this one would have been epic and the song would've probably gone #1.

lavenderblondee

​I believe the concept included imagery reflective in The Edge of Glory American Idol performance. 

Ugh. I would of been all here for it though. A shame we'll never know.

Levine

​It's one of the actors from the original video they shot talking about how she was a fish in the video and in Versace from head to toe and that it looked epic compared to the released one, which is ''eh'' according to him. 

​So the story about the mermaid concept was true. Such a waste, TEOG could had been a 4M seller in the us alone. 

Creyk

Well, yes, Gaga missed out on this opportunity.

Just like she didn't release a 4th singe from TFM. I wish was luckier :noparty:

Koreku

At this point it's pretty clear that the storyline was a story inspired by the Little Mermaid/Romeo and Juliet/Pocahontas (they're all similar, lol). Gaga's a fish, probably swimming around the Brooklyn Bridge, and falls in love with a human ("I need a man that think's it's right when it's so wrong...right on the limits where we know we both belong"). She get's "plastic surgery" to get legs, hence the operating table pictures people have posted, and voila, they're on the Edge of Glory together.

After the original EOG was cancelled, she still loved the idea of the mermaid and decided to use Yuyi in Y&I. I do like how she used the concept of the mermaid-human relationship in Y&I...sometimes there's this thing between two people that prevents them from making it work. It's Gaga and Luc.

interesting annotation :yes: 

You don't deserve a point of view if the only thing you see is you.

shaneybaby

hmmmm i knew about this bc a friend auditioned for it n i knew there was more to it, but its funny i always thought the mermaid thing went better w this song than you and i. when i first heard teog i told someone she should be a mermaid in it! n when she was in u n i i was like well close enough lol

too bad this vid didn't come out tho!

BornSimon

​Yea. I'm just hoping we don't get creative difference messes for the next era. The TEOG scrap is sad but the song was successful. The Venus/DWUW promo mess was a DISASTER. :deadbanana: 

​Something tells me there will always be "creative differences" moments in Gaga's career, because she's extremely creative and involved in everything she does. Why do you think "Till It Happens To You" hasn't come out yet? She wanted to do a new mix... because she didn't like the previous one. And we'll probably never hear it. Same with Kendrick, Cher and so on.

She will always be like this, unless she starts caring about her music less and less, which I don't think is going to happen. And I hope I'm right, to be honest. I love how involved she is, but I do wish she'd sometimes losen up and let another professional do the best for her. At the end of the day if a director wants to do something in a specific way it's for HER to have a great video.

NewYorkCity

Still pressed after so many years.

I remember my meltdown the night of the premiere... really. 

I still remember my friend's words (take into account that there was a very strong rumour about Judas being the most expensive video in history): did she go out of money after judas and she couldn't even get a dancer?

:flop: 

Archived