Featured Posts

Illuminati

Except Style and Love me Harder are much better than Do What U Want :neyde: 

​:saladga: 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Katsuki Bakugo

It wasn't DWUW that had the impact it was Drake's Entire career tbh!

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Economy

I certainly didn't need ​that, but thanks for your input. :saladga: 

Nonetheless, how it charted does not matter. Musicians can recognize a good song when they hear it, and I wouldn't put it past many current artists to look to Gaga for what sound they can try next. It's happened before, no reason to believe it couldn't happen again.

Yeah but usually a song is at least considered iconic for it to have impact if not a big hit. DWUW was just that, a hit. Was neither very iconic nor massive in the charts...

As i said, shes released a variety of tempos, most artists have. Any fan if they wanna believe their artist was the big influence can come up with evidence even if its just pure overthinking

Gaga was a bigger influence early in her career when she was super popular. After she came out, weirder videos and far more edgy performances became more common. But that must of been the result of her being so huge and artists wanting to emulate her. Not one had been that famous in quite some time back in 2009/2010

As for the music itself with electro-pop/edm, i do not believe her impact was as massive as some say... While she had an obvious impact, music was already getting faster beat, more electronic and pop before Gaga came out.

Britney Spears, Black Eyed peas and Cascada all had hits shortly before Gaga that began a transition away from R&B and that ganster music as mainstream to more upbeat/electronic music. Gaga i think merely helped solidify the change

Archived