💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

They may have more commercial success but no impact

Quark

Featured Posts

Prismatic

Sort of like how Miley invented twerking? No, she jumped on a trend to boost interest, just like Katy did with DH. Urban/Pop was already a thing. 

​But I don't see any recent urban/pop hit though other than Katy's. 

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quark

​During the whole 2013, I hear more pop/edm songs than any urban song or urban inspired song. I am not saying Katy invented the urban genre, but she made it popular with her hit single, "Dark Horse". Ever since DH became a hit, more artist are following her, hopping on the bandwagon she started. 

Not in California. When ever I turned on the radio, I heard urban influenced songs. The EDM trend started to die in early 2013. Even Gaga was ahead of Katy with songs like Cake.

Yanko

She is one of the few I have exceptions for. But even then she only influenced music. And reversed Gaga's fashion trend.

​she basically ended the dance trend

and shell end it again when she comes back

she had more impact than gaga this decade (btw and ARTPOP era) 

Dorothy Gale

​But I don't see any recent urban/pop hit though other than Katy's. 

Nicki had done it, and Taylor Swift did it with Both of Us. 

Yanko

Not in California. When ever I turned on the radio, I heard urban influenced songs. The EDM trend started to die in early 2013. Even Gaga was ahead of Katy with songs like Cake.

​:toofunny:  :toofunny: so your saying cake influenced dark horse?

of course urban was a thing in urban community

and i see you are ignoring my requist of urban influenced hits before dark horse 

Yanko

Nicki had done it, and Taylor Swift did it with Both of Us. 

​because nicki is na urban artists shes a rapper :rip:

ad her best selling hits (super bass starships  ) are pop songs 

her urban hits were hits on urban radio 

you know the place where they play urban songs :Chica:

Dorothy Gale

​because nicki is na urban artists shes a rapper :rip:

She combined rap and pop on Pink Friday and Roman Reloaded. I never said she wasn't urban. 

Prismatic

​This is why I'm not even going to reply to anyone anymore. I forgot this is a Lady Gaga forum and most people refuse to admit to Katy's influence/impact. 

Anyway, goodnight. 

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

Yanko

katy perry doenst have much influence 

only thing i can think of is dark horse so give credits where it's due 

this si the only thing i can think of for katheryn 

Quark

​she basically ended the dance trend

and shell end it again when she comes back

she had more impact than gaga this decade (btw and ARTPOP era) 

Not more impact than Gaga overall though. Gaga made music videos popular and epic again, she influence the rise of electronic and pop music, she made having a fan base relevant, she influenced fashion, she influenced social media sites like twitter, she brought a more theatrical and spectacular performance style, and I could go on and on.

Redstreak

I would argue Taylor has had some substantial influence in the realm of country and she she really brought the discussion of streaming and its effects on the industry to the forefront.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Quark

​:toofunny:  :toofunny: so your saying cake influenced dark horse?

of course urban was a thing in urban community

and i see you are ignoring my requist of urban influenced hits before dark horse 

I did not say cake influenced DH. You are putting words in my mouth. I said that even Gaga had already done urban music way before Katy. I am not listing specific songs because by the time DH was released, many hit songs on the radio were urban songs.

Yanko

I did not say cake influenced DH. You are putting words in my mouth. I said that even Gaga had already done urban music way before Katy. I am not listing specific songs because by the time DH was released, many hit songs on the radio were urban songs.

​i am ta;lking about the same exact structure that dark horse has 

im not talking about every single urban hit in last 10 years 

Creyk

​

​she's big in the music industry whether you like her or not... And she does have an impact with her big hits.

​You clearly have no idea what impact means, so here, I looked it up for you:

the capacity or power of persons or things to be a compelling force onor produce effects on the actions, behavior, opinions, etc., of others

meaning, someone does sometihng which then becomes trendy/others start following it

Let's be clear there is NOTHING influental about Rihanna since she always jumps on trends and has no creative imput whatsoever. I like her songs but let's not act like she's something special

There is a difference between popularity and impact

Yanko

She combined rap and pop on Pink Friday and Roman Reloaded. I never said she wasn't urban. 

​pink friday was good yes

roman reloaded was pure trash with it's overproduced euro edm dance pop songs 

Archived