💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

'Age of Ultron' enters all-time top 10 world's highest-grossing films

Mills

Featured Posts

1207842_full.jpg

Marvel's Age of Ultron continues to dominate the global box-office as it has only become the 21st film in history to cross the elusive $1 billion mark in worldwide gross. It's the 2nd film released this year, the 3rd film from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and the 8th Disney film to reach the said milestone. While it relatively falls flat in domestic gross compared to the 17-day total of the first Avengers film, it has however continued to break international box-office records, including the biggest opening day in China for a Disney release with $34 million.

Also, with this achievement, it has also made Disney/Marvel's 'The Avengers' the first film franchise in history to have its first two films hit over $1 billion in worldwide gross. A two-part third film in the "Avengers" series is scheduled to be released in 2018 and 2019 respectively.

Here are the world's top 10 highest-grossing films of all time:

Rank / Title (Year of Release) / Major studio / Worldwide gross (unadjusted for inflation)
1. Avatar (2009) - Fox - $2.787 billion
2. Titanic (1997) - Fox / Paramount - $2.186 billion
3. The Avengers (2012) - Disney - $1.518 billion
4. Furious 7 (2015) - Universal - $1.488 billion
5. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 (2011) - Warner Bros. - $1.341 billion
6. Frozen (2013) - Disney - $1.274 billion
7. Iron Man 3 (2013) - Disney - $1.215 billion
8. Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015) - Disney - $1.142 billion
9. Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011) - Paramount - $1.123 billion
10. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003) - Warner Bros. - $1.119 billion

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/

Haroon

Wow this decade is killing it :omg: The real question is whether Age of Ultron will beat out its predecessor :gum: 

JusticeforVenus

Yaaasss and China's gross  isn't still counted... that means that actually it is #5 (Avengers made 156.3 million dollars this week in China)

Curunir

Wow this decade is killing it :omg: The real question is whether Age of Ultron will beat out its predecessor :gum: 

​I think Age of Ultron will get close to or surpass the first one by a small margin. The REAL question is whether any film ever will gross more than Avatar. In my opinion, it totally doesn't deserve to be on top :sweat: The 3D thing was the whole reason tbh :manicure:

Blue Jeans

Disney killing it :giveup:

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

JusticeforVenus

​I think Age of Ultron will get close to or surpass the first one by a small margin. The REAL question is whether any film ever will gross more than Avatar. In my opinion, it totally doesn't deserve to be on top :sweat: The 3D thing was the whole reason tbh :manicure:

​ If furious 7 is between top 10... every single movie deserves to be there :neyde: 

Curunir

​ If furious 7 is between top 10... every single movie deserves to be there :neyde: 

​oh don't worry, I don't agree with at least half of that list :neyde:

Cocaine Heart

Both the avenger movies and frozen shouldn't be there imo :manicure:

They are extremely overrated :manicure:

Avartar is also very overrated but it was a good movie. 

We going to boo

bionic

#1 is Avatar? That's not how you spell Burlesque... :confused: :huh:

buy bionic

Woolfsmck

This list is bogus, it doesn't account for inflation.

​The last 10 years inflation has been pretty minimal tho.

like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true

Archived