💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

A tour concept

ShockPop

Featured Posts

ShockPop

I was watching Chicago for the first time ever last night and holy crap is the lead role perfect for Gaga or what?

Anyway, it got me thinking... wouldn't a tour concept that was like a theatrical event really work well for a Gaga show... with altered versions of her songs to fit scenes etc? She could turn interludes into short scenes that have been shot like a film...

(Interlude) The scene is black and white, like a budget detective movie from the 1920's. In the background, a saxophone fronted instrumental version of Judas plays for a short amount of time. Gaga enters the scene walking through a wooden door into an apartment. She's smoking a cigarette in a cigarette holder ala cruella deville. She narrates her scene, providing a voiceover. She talks about how in love she is with her fiancee and cannot wait to be his wife. When she discovers someone else's bra and panties in her fiance's jacket pocket, she is heartbroken, with an undertone of vengeful.

Gaga enters stage via trapdoor lift. She remains in the dark as the backing singers perform a few short harmonies of 'alejandro'. The backing singers have some dialogue "You know, after she found out he was sleeping around, she waited in that apartment for hours for him to come home. Then she took his gun, and she shot that bastard down."

Gaga performs "Bang Bang" with her 'fiance' dead on the floor next to her. After the song, she proclaims "I didn't mean to do it, he was just... he promised me the world, and then betrayed me. I still love him so..." Gaga performs Bad Romance .

(Interlude) Gaga has been arrested and is being taken to prison for murder. It's front-page news. Gaga demands a lawyer and speaks to him on the phone. He tells her to keep a straight face, don't let anyone know what she's thinking because if she shows any sign of weakness in jail, she's going to be some bull dyke's b---h. Gaga looks horrified as a *huge* woman approaches her from behind in the shadows saying 'my my my my' Gaga composes herself.

Gaga performs 'poker face' which is paired with fight-scene choreography. Various inmates try to intimidate Gaga as she stands strong in their faces, shows no sign of intimidation as they swing punches at her, or pull weapons out on her. Gaga makes her way to the other side of the stage by song's end and picks up a telephone that's ringing. "Is that Gaga? What was it like to kill your boyfriend? You're a cold blooded murderer! I hope you rot in jail you b---h!". Gaga performs 'Telephone'.

(Interlude) The backing singers have a conversation to narrate. "I heard that hard faced b---h is going to show up at her victim's funeral!" "She has got some nerve... she must be a grade A psychopath".

Gaga, in black veil is sat behind bars as moonlight illuminates her face. A prison officer is heard shouting "Be ready to leave in 10 minutes!" Gaga performs "Marry The Night" ballad version as the lights change and she walks up to a coffin to mourn. Backing singers comment "He was her everything.. she loved him.. not just for his money or fame... Not just because he was some big shot celebrity..." "But it helped!". Gaga performs Paparazzi in a dramatic style to her dead beau as Photographers and Journalists swamp the stage and get in Gaga's way. 

And so on a so forth... I think it'd be beautiful.

Dangerous Man

Wow, I'm stunned by your concept. I think Gaga can pull that kind of theatrical concert. Oh well everything in C2C era is all about simplicity in visuals though there's nothing wrong with that since this era is all about musicality and vocal performances.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Tropico

That concept is FANTASTIC. I could visualize every scene. It all seems so perfect.The paparazzi part is genius. :giveup: 

I want a concept album and a concept tour! I think something about crime like you mentioned would be fun and perfect for Gaga. Maybe she could even release an EP for AHS about crime and then the full LP once she's done with the show. :flutter: 

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Didymus

Oh gosh the saxophone instrumental of Judas made me shiver :sharon: Amazing idea.

I like the vibe of it, I do, I just think the specific storyline is a bit.. meh :lolly: I think it would work very well in an arena setting though it can't just be a Chicago rip-off and I really hate to see any Gaga-related idea involving press and fame and all that. She's done that. Also, the song themes really don't fit the narrative.

But.. :giggle: Love the idea and yup, I agree, Gaga would be excellent in almost any role Chicago has to offer :legend:

ShockPop

Oh gosh the saxophone instrumental of Judas made me shiver :sharon: Amazing idea.

I like the vibe of it, I do, I just think the specific storyline is a bit.. meh :lolly: I think it would work very well in an arena setting though it can't just be a Chicago rip-off and I really hate to see any Gaga-related idea involving press and fame and all that. She's done that. Also, the song themes really don't fit the narrative.

But.. :giggle: Love the idea and yup, I agree, Gaga would be excellent in almost any role Chicago has to offer :legend:

​Which song doesn't fit the narrative? lmao That's why I picked those specific songs, so they would fit the narrative.

Didymus

​Which song doesn't fit the narrative? lmao That's why I picked those specific songs, so they would fit the narrative.

​Well, in Bang Bang it's the opposite scenario. She doesn't shoot her lover, her lover shoots her. Of course the opposition could be poetic, so I didn't really mind that, but the Poker Face use is really conflicting imo. The song isn't about having a poker face on, or not being distracted or intimidated, it's about s-x. Neither is Telephone about a jail, the music video is, but I wouldn't like to see that concept in the future with that song in mind. Marry the Night also seems completely out of place imo. Paparazzi only works superficially.

I don't know, I get why you chose them but I don't feel like their lyrical themes have anything to do with the story. I know that Gaga doesn't always use her songs that way, but if you're really gonna go for a musical idea, they just have to fit imo.

ShockPop

​Well, in Bang Bang it's the opposite scenario. She doesn't shoot her lover, her lover shoots her. Of course the opposition could be poetic, so I didn't really mind that, but the Poker Face use is really conflicting imo. The song isn't about having a poker face on, or not being distracted or intimidated, it's about s-x. Neither is Telephone about a jail, the music video is, but I wouldn't like to see that concept in the future with that song in mind. Marry the Night also seems completely out of place imo. Paparazzi only works superficially.

I don't know, I get why you chose them but I don't feel like their lyrical themes have anything to do with the story. I know that Gaga doesn't always use her songs that way, but if you're really gonna go for a musical idea, they just have to fit imo.

​Poker Face would, in this case, he her boasting about getting one up on her male lover that she just killed whilst giving poker face to inmates. I thought that was quite obvious.

Telephone... she literally starts after getting a telephone call harrassing her about killing her boyfriend. The scene and song are literally about telling people to 'stop calling'. Being 'in the club' is often used slang for being locked up (or pregnant, depending on where you come from).

Marry the night is about facing your demons. You know, heading into something intimidating with a full head of steam... like going to your victim's funeral because he was also your lover.

Paparazzi fits because the rich and famous dead boyfriend is still making headlines because of this situation, and photographers are at his funeral. The crowd are the funeral attendees, she's his biggest fan because she was going to marry him, obviously.

Perhaps I should've been more clear in the opening post, but I thought it was obvious.

Didymus

​Poker Face would, in this case, he her boasting about getting one up on her male lover that she just killed whilst giving poker face to inmates. I thought that was quite obvious.

Telephone... she literally starts after getting a telephone call harrassing her about killing her boyfriend. The scene and song are literally about telling people to 'stop calling'. Being 'in the club' is often used slang for being locked up (or pregnant, depending on where you come from).

Marry the night is about facing your demons. You know, heading into something intimidating with a full head of steam... like going to your victim's funeral because he was also your lover.

Paparazzi fits because the rich and famous dead boyfriend is still making headlines because of this situation, and photographers are at his funeral. The crowd are the funeral attendees, she's his biggest fan because she was going to marry him, obviously.

Perhaps I should've been more clear in the opening post, but I thought it was obvious.

​It is obvious but it's just my personal opinion that some of the lyrics would be off. When you have such a specific storyline as your tour, I feel like the lyrics should feel like they're sung in a musical: they expand the storyline. The songs work superficially but when she's actually singing them I can't imagine them being part of the universe you created on stage.

Not here to argue about song meanings, I would just prefer songs (maybe originally written ones) that are part of the story instead of the story being an excuse to sing a bunch of songs. I still love the general idea tho :emma:

monsterdreams

You have given me LIFE today 

that's stunning, I wish Gaga could see this 

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

Archived