💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Lady Gaga & The GP

URFUTUREFAV

Featured Posts

Jjang

You talked to everyone in Europe and Africa? :giveup: How amazing.

I live in Europe and in my immediate surroundings it's obvious that talking about Lady Gaga at all (incl. trash talk) is just nobody's top priority. Then again, she does make the news quite often, still and is still in all the gossip magazines, not necessarily in a negative tone.

So only one country proves your theory wrong :lolly:

​These types of threads are more tragic than the "omg my friends like GUY its going to be a hit" ones.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bionic

Could it possibly be because those are American-centric awards shows and festivals? :neyde: 

buy bionic

Tolemo

​But this is a Lady Gaga forum site and people surely have the right to talk about even the tiniest thing about Lady Gaga. This doesn't mean we don't think other things in Africa aren't important, it's just that we are not discussing them right now.

​I didn't mean on this site....I meant the continent itself.

Didymus

​These types of threads are more tragic than the "omg my friends like GUY its going to be a hit" ones.

OUz9d2j.jpg

Morphine Prince

Well then looks like she needs to focus on American Oxygen more then

tumblr_nkrumbF8QI1rveoj6o7_400.gif

jxckk

not the case for the UK. after her oscar performance BBC news were covering it during their lunchtime and evening news. all UK media websites covered it aswell. UK are usually pretty good at keeping track on gaga and praising her on her tours, performances etc.

she has a strong fanbase in the UK so we're pretty lucky in the sense that she comes here alot during album cycles and she's generally well recieved. 

Haroon

If anything I don't think they hate or dislike her, I think they may just not care for her as much anymore :sweat: My friends think she's a wacko but acknowledge that she's quite talented, but that's it :shrug: Plus the bigger things she's done as of late have all been in America so it's less spoken about across the pond

eifulien

Ok, I could agree partially with OP if you hadn't said Europe and Africa like wtf? How can you generalise so much? E.g. DWUW was a radio hit inmy country, and GUY video was aired regularly on TV so it reached the Top 5 in the airplay charts...

I think most people (the gp) just have shifted focus to other artists. But once she release new material she will attract the attention.

And in response to the post that siad Europe has turned its back to American pop music - that's probably the best thing that has happened in music recently honestly since late 2012 your hits are just... :toofunny: Blurred Lines, Fancy, Trap Queen, Im in love with the Coco and what not....

Sugarfall

She hasn't done anything in Europe. Oscars was featured in gossip magazines but it wasn't an event EVERYONE knew about

Morphine Prince

Plus the bigger things she's done as of late have all been in America so it's less spoken about across the pond

​They're not letting Gaga into the country, poor thing.

Levine

I live in Italy and the Oscar performance was all over the media here and everybody praised her.

She is not successful here - musically speaking - since uhm Alejandro? I know BTW sold a lot, but Alejandro was one of the biggest smash here.

So no, they don't hate here, but IT'S NORMAL that people kinda forgot her because she hasn't release new music for years. 

"If the next one isn't successful she'll be has-been" well, not **** sherlock. 

elijahfan

She is still considered as a landmark name here, but it's true that people have really no clue what she's been up to lately. But hey - she hasn't done promo in France since TEOG, so what do you expect.....

​Yeah, but everyone was shocked to know that it was gaga singing. 

​This so much. I remember I had people around me at uni saying "Damn, that new R. Kelly song is sooo good", and I was like :toofunny: in the background

URFUTUREFAV

Basically everyone hates me on GGD now.

lol, hypocrisy at it's best... #PromoteOnlineKindnessmyass

People hate what they don't understand.

True Blue

Sis u are wrong and stop being bitter if people dont agree withchu

Nemo

I think you're making a claim far in excess of your actual knowledge, or ability to back up. But, I don't hate you for it. :)

Archived