đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Princess D.I.E.

ARTPOPchamp

Featured Posts

ARTPOPchamp

It's been out for 3 years, but with Princess D.I.E. what did Lady Gaga mean by "lay down on famous knives"?  Was it just a lyric or a metaphor? I think it kind of meant being stabbed in the back by famous friends. You?

Swan Heart

I believe she wanted to say that the same knifes ( of fame, d--gs? she has a lot of problems) that are (were) killing her, killed many others and she believed that she's going to be the next..

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

Head Empty

It could also mean "famous knives" as in well-know causes of death for people like her. The lyrics often point to committing suicide by d--g overdose, which has been a common killer with a lot of celebrities.

antpats2

the full line is 'laying down on famous knives, so everybody see's" 

i think shes saying that once shes dead, she will be dead along with all of the hate, famous rumors,  backstabbing etc so that everybody knows them and to go along with the fact that we all seem to love celebrities more when they're dead and it's too late 

Head Empty

i think shes saying that once shes dead, she will be dead along with all of the hate, famous rumors,  backstabbing etc so that everybody knows them and to go along with the fact that we all seem to love celebrities more when they're dead and it's too late 

​I love that interpretation, hadn't thought about it like that!

Alfonso

Yeah maybe this :yes: 

I think there's a beautiful morbidity to that line.

The notion of a 'famous knife' is fascinating, something used to harm and cut being celebrated and noted for its relevance.

Just like the death of every celebrity, which becomes an iconic moment in popular culture.

When she dies, Gaga will join that, she will "lay down" with the history of every icon who passed on in the past.

ShockPop

Laying down on famous knives, like laying down on a bed of nails. The knives are stabbing her in the back, and they're famous people that are doing it. aka cnut-punched by the queen.

vanus

can somone explain to me why is it  D.I.E. , what does it stands for?

imma cut a bitch

vanus

it means lay me down tonight in my linen and curls, lay me down tonight, riviera girls, i ****ed my way up to the top this is my show :derpga:

imma cut a bitch

"After debuting it at The Born This Way Ball, Lady Gaga said it did not make the cut for ARTPOP, but that it would be released through the ARTPOP application sometime after the albums release."

We all know about the "App" lolz.  :madge::madge:

Dangerous Man

That metaphor. :worship:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Emigrante

can somone explain to me why is it  D.I.E. , what does it stands for?

​That's the wordplay. D.I.E, because of the theme of the song. Death of blonde icon. And it also is a reference to Lady Diana (Princes Di) It's the same way it is spoken. Probably she wanted it to be recognizable with Lady Diana, so that's why there are dots at the title. Without them there would be just "dying" thing. 

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Archived