💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What was the moment when Gaga established herself as no ordinary Popstar?

SlaeUrAnus

The moment when Gaga established herself as no ordinary Popstar?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What was the moment?

• Poker Face video
    • Paparazzi video
    • 2009 VMA Performance
    • Bad Romance video
    • Telephone/Alejandro eras
    • Born This Way
    • Other

Featured Posts

boobtank

I remember after the paparazzi video came out, people started taking her craft more seriously.

Head Empty

Although the Paparazzi video is very "Gaga", I feel like there are a few artists out there that could pull it off as well. The VMA performance, however, is so out there and unique that I feel like Gaga was pretty much the only artist at that time that could even think about doing it, and it opens up the door for so many artists after that.

Haroon

I think it was just a culmination of things, like people started noticing the time and effort that went into each and every thing she did as opposed to random one-off music videos or performances. As in when Paparazzi came out people were impressed but may not have looked into it too much, then Bad Romance came out and they were blown away, then Telephone came out and they were again stunned at how great it was :flutter: The fact that she kept going from strong video to strong video (and performances) is what I think made people take notice that she's definitely not a flash in the pan, and is quite the force to be reckoned with :gaga: 

Hola Soraya

rs_500x180-130822161958-tumblr_mqnu2c4xf

I remember how slayed I was after the performance. Shortly afterwards, I started visiting this cult-site as a lurker before I finally sold my soul joined. :reductive: 

¿Tú me estás hablando en inglés?

The massive success of Poker Face and that era in Spring 2009. Showed she wasn't a one hit wonder, and the media was buzzing about her weird persona and live performances. The videos were only a bid thing for Gaga's success in TFM era.

Bloody

Bad Romance made her the biggest popstar at that time. :gaga:

Which is the reason why her success was so early and everyone has big standards for her. :yes: 

Bad Bromance

I believe it was the 2009 VMA performance that sealed the deal for Gaga and made everyone realize she was on a league of her own.  :yes:

There was so much buzz about her after that performance.  Everyone was speechless but in a good way.

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

tomsches

When she Wore the kermit dress, this was the moment when she started dressing weird and the public responded to it 

Didymus

Poker Face acoustic video
-> Paparazzi video
-> Gaga @ VMA's (not only the performance, everything related to her that night)
-> Bad Romance song/video

I feel like that was really her rise to establishing herself like that :yes: I voted for the Paparazzi video anyway because I think it comes closest to that first widespread "my god, this girl is something else" realization.

Cody Draco

Paparazzi at the VMAs is what established her as the heir to Madonna's throne.

Bad Romance MV is what secured the throne and the title Queen of Pop.

gagzus

i came here expecting the overrated paparazzi performance & i still say she proved she wasn't no ordinary popstar wayyyy before that in TF era with all the stuff she did like she said she was a "DIY popstar". but people didn't recognise it till BTW & some even didn't realise till the Oscars this year

Archived