💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Lady Gaga Tour Make-Up

Head Empty

Featured Posts

Head Empty

Through the years Gaga's fashion choices in tours have been one big rollercoaster, but one thing that has largely been relatively consistent is her tour make-up

✔ Dramatic winged eyeliner

✔ Bold brown eyebrows

✔ Strong contouring

✔ Red or pink lipstick

The only exceptions are The Fame Ball when her brows were bleached, and the beginning of the BTWB, but other than that her tour make-up has consistenly followed this formula. Why do you think Gaga always returns to this look? What do you think about it? How would you change it up, if at all?

Discuss :proud:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dunk96

There's nothing to change. It's probably the quickest look they do because they want her ready as fast as possible for the stage. Just my opinion. Probably wrong though,but that would be a good reason to me.

LePetitGAGABLover

I don't care :pray:

Here for the voice :pray:

​If I was here for the voice, then I would listen to Adele tbh:awkney:

I guess she keeps reinforcing that look caus she wants it to be her "signature" look, I mean every icon needs a recognisable face to go with the hits

LADY GAGA/madonna/katy perry/little mix/ariana grande/selena gomez/britney spears/taylor swift

Pierre

Billy Brasfield designed the makeup from TMBT and Tara recreated it. :applause:  :legend: 

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

Head Empty

I guess she keeps reinforcing that look caus she wants it to be her "signature" look, I mean every icon needs a recognisable face to go with the hits

​Makes sense, but we all know that visual consistency has hardly been one of Gaga's priorities the past 5 years or so :hunty:. Which makes me wonder why - even at artRave where everything was purposely going crazy - she still stuck to that one look.

Haroon

I don't think makeup is as noticeable or given as much attention/focus :confused: Or at least I know that I don't really look at her makeup unless it stands out to me, which it only really does in performances if it's bad :sweat: I like that it's kept simple but nice, it lets the hair and outfits speak louder :yes: 

RebeldeFaith

I don't think makeup is as noticeable or given as much attention/focus :confused: Or at least I know that I don't really look at her makeup unless it stands out to me, which it only really does in performances if it's bad :sweat: I like that it's kept simple but nice, it lets the hair and outfits speak louder :yes: 

​This. Plus the simplicity of the makeup makes it adapt to every outfit and wig she wears on the shows. My mom is a stylist and makeup artist and one of the things she always says is that when someone is going to wear more than one outfit and hairstyle at the same event (artists, brides, etc) they should go with a simple but effective makeup. If they want to change something it's better to change the lipstick ot accentuate the eyeliner.

Something something idk

Haroon

​This. Plus the simplicity of the makeup makes it adapt to every outfit and wig she wears on the shows. My mom is a stylist and makeup artist and one of the things she always says is that when someone is going to wear more than one outfit and hairstyle at the same event (artists, brides, etc) they should go with a simple but effective makeup. If they want to change something it's better to change the lipstick ot accentuate the eyeliner.

​Yeah I totally agree with that too! It's much easier to change a wig/outfit than it is to change your whole makeup :laughga: I'd rather her go and spend a few minutes to change a wig than ages putting a new face on :dead: 

Alien Tulip

There is a difference, the btw ball makeup was overall messy and tragic. The artrave makeup wasnt exactly bad but it looked not cute with certain wigs. The fame ball had the best makeup since she switched it up every other day.

Miel

I just always thought this was just her favorite way to interpret heavy stage makeup?

3 points in and ready for more

RebeldeFaith

​Yeah I totally agree with that too! It's much easier to change a wig/outfit than it is to change your whole makeup :laughga: I'd rather her go and spend a few minutes to change a wig than ages putting a new face on :dead: 

​Exactly. :yes:

Something something idk

Archived