💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Born this way is really not a dark album at all.

VelmaDinkley

Featured Posts

VelmaDinkley

I always see people calling born this way a very dark album but in my opinion only 4 - 5 songs are dark. For me the only dark songs are judas, government hooker, bloody mary, black jesus, electric chapel and maybe marry the night. Scheisse is debatable but the melody is light. Americano is not dark at all its just loud and chaotic. The Edge of glory sort is very fun and has a beautiful soft joyous chorus. The album is actually quite fun, liberating and colorful. Even the era itself wasnt that dark. I mean it is darker than the fame and ARTPOP but ya'll make it seem like it was her marilyn manson era when there was a lot of fun light songs/moments :air:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Redstreak

Marry the Night

Born This Way, even with its positive message had some darker, heavier notes in its production. Plus the video...

Government Hooker

Judas

Bloody Mary

Highway Unicorn

Heavy Metal Lover

Electric Chapel

And I would argue that TEOG, while uplifting, is still somber in its tone and production

The album as a whole is pretty dark, and even the more colorful songs can be pretty heavy in production and tone.

I mean a guess a better descriptor for BTW would be heavy rather than dark, but the latter still fits imo

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Dorothy Gale

It's pretty dark actually. Especially when compared to TF or AP. TFM remains her darkest record, though. 

mariomania1234

I think the production stays rather dark throughout the album.

Haroon

There's just something about a lot of the songs on the album that makes them feel gritty and industrial, like I don't even know how to describe them :duck: When I listen to them I imagine smoke and gunmetal :rockstar: 

The Fame Monster is dark too in my opinion, but that's a different type for me. That album makes me think of winter and coldness and mystery :flutter: 

FrankGutz

How dare you!! HAIR is ha darkest song :judas:

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Versace

For me it's a dark album if we put BTW,TEOG,Y&I,HAIR aside , it's dark for a pop album I mean common the judas fashion, the face bones, the HML/GH mini video, the song bloody mary, the album covers, the vibe is somewhat dark for a pop album. TFM for me is not as dark as born this way, the TFM has dark imagery but the sound isn't to be honest that's why every member of the GP was able to enjoy it where as even though BTW was successful so many GP members dismissed it for being too dark for them.

LaMaisonGaga

the whole album has a medieval, dark and christian theme. It's quite beautiful but everything seems to be celebrated what made the whole era look bright and colourful.

lamaisongaga.com

Staryu

I agree, most of the songs aren't dark and I really hope that we'll get more dark pop on LG5. :legend: 

I mean, even TFM is more dark imo (but I still prefer BTW).

gagzus

we define it as dark bc of the Fashion(!), video storylines/aesthetics, subject matter etc

OBEY

TFM is darker but BTW imagery/lyrics/instrumentals are dark too at some places

Archived