💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

Jeff Koons Retrospective exhibition! (Gaga mentioned, ARTPOP cover appears in catalogue)

Spock

Featured Posts

Spock

I've been meaning to make this thread since November so I guess I'm making it now :gaycat:

Last November I had the enormous pleasure of going to the Jeff Koons Retrospective exhibition at the Centre Pompidou in Paris on the day it opened (he was going to be there and give a conference). I think it opened the following day or the next of the final artRAVE (Gaga and him even ran into each other, she put a pic on her Instagram) This is the same exhibition that was previously held at the Whitney in New York.

Anyway, for those who don't know, his work is divided in series, fourteen total, the last one being Gazing Ball. Pieces from every series were on display, and for the final ones it was hard not to think of Gaga.

This is the description of Gazing Ball series and the pieces that were on display for those who are interested

Also, these are form the Antiquity series and, if I recall correctly, a couple of other pieces from this series were on display at the first artRAVE (along with the Gaga sculpture)

Later that evening he gave a conference during which he talked about his work and commented a few selections from each series. In the final fifteen minutes, people were allowed to ask him questions. Now, this was in November so I don't remember everything exactly, but what was clearly a Gaga fan asked him about the statue and cover. He talked about meeting her at the MET Gala and Gaga being a longtime fan of his, and said that unlike the Michael and Bubbles statue which was a paid commission from Michael even though it ended up on the Celebration series, the Gaga sculpture was a true collaboration between the two of them (though he didn't say if she payed him or not). He also said he was impressed about Gaga's art sensitivities or something. (Also, not to be a name dropper, I had the privilege of going to a Marina Abramovic lecture where she also talked about Gaga and mentioned what an incredibly artistic person she was in the truly "art" sense of the word)

Finally, the exhibition catalog is divided into different sections for every series, and at the end of each section there is a behind the scenes look/inspiration board for every one of them. The ARTPOP cover makes an appearance at the end of Gazing Ball. 

If you're in Paris or are going to go soon, don't miss it! It is truly and incredible exhibition

who will love me when the night is over

Doogi

I went to the one at The Whitney in NYC and it was truly remarkable. Especially the play-doh sculpture. They actually had the ARTPOP album cover on display behind a glass encasing for everyone to view :)

I'm Chloe. Except the C and the L are silent.

I wish gaga would have used koons statues like this

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

Spock

Wow this must have been a great experience. :) :flutter: 

​It was so amazing! I really love Jeff Koons, so having the possibility of seeing a rundown of his entire art until now was really incredible. Also hearing him talk about them for like two hours was heaven :flutter:

Haroon

I think I finally understand the whole blue-gazing-ball-atop-sculpture thing now :omg: That looks like an interesting exhibition :flutter: Thanks a lot for this :) 

Spock

I went to the one at The Whitney in NYC and it was truly remarkable. Especially the play-doh sculpture. They actually had the ARTPOP album cover on display behind a glass encasing for everyone to view :)

​Urgh so jealous, the Play-Doh sculptures is one of my favorites. They did have the big ass Celebration paintings on display, the Play-Doh one included so I was happy :party:

Lassex

I wish gaga would have used koons statues like this

​Imagine a music video with these statues :giveup:

​Imagine a music video with these statues :giveup:

​DWUW video feat christina aguilera with all these statues, and gazing balls and doing s-xual stuffy with them, slay

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

Spock

​DWUW video feat christina aguilera with all these statues, and gazing balls and doing s-xual stuffy with them, slay

​With this one :giveup:

Archived