đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Does it bother you: "Gaga is a character"

Blue Jeans

Featured Posts

Ronk

You are right.  But Gaga has many dimensions.  Since childhood she has loved rock, jazz, and classical, also.   She is an artist with no boundaries.

Some pop artists seem to be manufactured, and this image can then extend to all pop artists in some people's minds.

I live outside the space time continuum.

migamiga

Yes and no. It depends how they justify the statement. If it's like how you explained it in the op then no. She's not an industry puppet. Anyone that knows gaga knows no one even wanted to take a chance on her because of her outlandish ways. 

Gaga is a character just like how we act differently in front of different people  or just like how we're different with friends vs family, work vs school, etc. She just has a name for it and makes money off it :laughga:

daviddarko

Well, yes and no. It depends the people. Gaga is every character In-One Combined. She has multiple dimentions as an artist. First that all, She is a performance artist with and amazing talent as singer and she loves the theatricals

sarahb

I don't necessarily think she's a character, she just acts appropriately and expresses different aspects of herself depending on the circumstances (jazz/sound of music opposed to pop). I mean, just because I act differently around my grandmother at her house than say with friends at a club it doesn't mean I'm being fake or a 'character'. And I hate how people are now saying 'she doesn't need to do pop!' Like no, she'll do it because she wants to, not because she has to. 

djBuffoon

Being Lady Gaga is a way for her to express the parts of herself she wouldn't otherwise. There is a disconnect that leads to expressing personal experiences in a more honest way - even if it does seem more avant-garde and extravagant. Really, this is what ARTPOP was all about - just listen to Aura, it's all right there - from the intro to the final chorus.

:applause: ​

freebit

I've always liked that Gaga was a character. I can see why that would hurt others perceptions of her though - like that time she likened herself to foie gras amongst a bunch of french fries. :toofunny:  

I've see a lot of comments saying that they're liking her more and more recently now that she's being more herself and less affected. I can see why they do though. She came off as so naturally charming during her interviews at the Grammys and Oscars.

Archived