💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

I have a theory on TIHTY

ELECTRAHEARTPOP

Featured Posts

ELECTRAHEARTPOP

I've been thinking a little after hearing the recordings of the supposed 'piano' and 'orchestral' versions of TIHTY, and I really think they are the same version, and it's all one recording.

Because you can hear different lyrics in the piano version, I think this could be the first verse, a softer, more heartbreaking opening to the song (see: Swine at Swinefest. Wouldn't be the first time she treated a song about this topic in this way). I believe this structure represents the vulnerability a rape victim feels in the first stage of recovering. Then she sings the chorus with just piano accompaniment, before launching into the second verse with huge impact, representing the residual anger she feels from the rape, which is channeled towards the patronizing comfort she recieves from those who don't understand.

This explains why:

a) there are different lyrics in the piano version clip.

b) there is a strangely long orchestral intro in the recording (I don't think it's supposed to be there, could be an instrumental break between first verse and chorus in piano and second verse though).

c) the version we have only has one verse. Diane is a huge songwriter, one of the best who has ever lived - she wouldn't write a song with only one verse, and if she did, there is enough evidence for this to show that there is two verses.

What do you guys think? :)

ELECTRAHEARTPOP

i completely agree! :yes:

​Good to know I'm not overthinking :yes: I feel like the 'You tell me hold my head up' is so sudden, and feels like a second verse - which is naturally an evolution of a first verse. It doesn't have much set up. And why would they include the first part of the song if it already appeared at the very start. Seems like the song serves as bookends to the film to me.

HauntingHollow

i hope that you are right, sounds great :lolly:

You can not hide if nobody pays attention to you :*

JustPokeHerFace

That sounds like it could be possible. If the full HQ version was released, then maybe we could see. 

elijahfan

Not sure about it. It's a movie theme, I wouldn't be surprised if Gaga recorded several versions of it. I guess time will tell.

JudasIsAHolyFoo

usually for films they will record a full song but only put part of it in there, for example in Divergent Ellie Gouldings song Hanging On is cut shorter for the part, so I totally agree with you. I believe TIHTY is just shortened for the movie 

Monster Ball 2010, Monster Ball 2011, Born This Way Ball 2013, artRAVE 2014, Joanne World Tour 2017 (Both Nights in Toronto)

Ronk

Could be right.  To me, the orchestral version sounds like someone recorded a rehearsal, or recorded audio from their seat at Sundance.  It is probably far from what the single will sound like, imo.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Archived