💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Björk refuses to put new album "Vulnicura" on Spotify

Memo

Featured Posts

She makes some logical points!

Vulnicura is not currently available on Spotify. Why not?

We're all making it up as it goes, to be honest. I would like to say there's some master plan going on [with the album release], but there isn't. But a few months ago I emailed my manager and said,

"Guess what? This streaming thing just does not feel right. I don't know why, but it just seems insane."

Why is it insane?

To work on something for two or three years and then just, Oh, here it is for free. It's not about the money; it's about respect, you know? Respect for the craft and the amount of work you put into it.

But maybe Netflix is a good model. You go first to the cinema and after a while it will come on ­Netflix. Maybe that's the way to go with streaming. It's first physical and then maybe you can stream it later.

Source: http://ow.ly/JH2Xd

tumblr_mfk8ooKmiP1r7axxfo1_400.gif

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
inuborg

tsk tsk tsk

Music not the bling, Bjork, music not the bling 

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

Robotboy

ugh b---h..

taylor i didnt care about but björk :giveup:

spotify is perfect whyyy

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

RainingOnMe

tsk tsk tsk

Music not the bling, Bjork, music not the bling 

someone didn't listen to ar†pop :teehee:

I highly agree that it should be like netflix..It shouldn't be on spotify for at least 1-3 months after release, so people can buy first :)

I actually agree.

Artists should only put singles immediately on Spotify, and then full albums a year after they have been released. 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

Hellspont

Meh if its not on Spotify its not like anyone is going to be like, oh might as well buy it now. I respect her even though I listened to the album for free

*I entirely disagree, but i guess its all up to each artist's opinion.

*I know that if it was me, i'd be thrilled my music would be availabe on such a big scale for everyone to experience.

But maybe Netflix is a good model. You go first to the cinema and after a while it will come on ­Netflix. Maybe that’s the way to go with streaming. It’s first physical and then maybe you can stream it later.

as a paid spotify subscriber, i think this is so on point :shrug:

also the free version of spotify only lets you stream in 92 kbps. i'm no audiophile but that's not what the artist wants you to hear yknow

Archived