Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Born This Way is criminally overrated by this fan base.

Dorothy Gale

Featured Posts

RainingOnMe

Like seriously including Electric Chapel as a misstep?? It's so haunting and beautiful :wtf:

I know. Such a fun song too. It's so underrated and calling BTW Gaga's lowest album is sickening. :smh:

BTW isn't as overrated as TFM, but BTW has way too many tragic tracks to be her best. Predictable ARTPOP hater. :rip:

Now you're saying TFM is overrated? :lmao: Someone get me an ambulance. :lmao:

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
XoXoJoanneGaga

TFM still remains her masterpiece to me. 

Of course. The Fame/Monster is still her crowning work in the real world. It's a total classic. I love Born This Way but it's only really talked about on pop forums and there's a reason for that. It has a couple of classic singles though

FATCAT

BTW ; many missteps.

ARTPOP ; underrated

How can you put down BTW by its missteps, but then say ARTPOP is best?!?

Very confused by this thought process haha

Purr more, hiss less.

Dorothy Gale

Born This Way had poor sound quality on some tracks, and I don't think its that huge, I do think ARTPOP had more effort poured into it.

BTW is her best album. Want to know why?

Because musical taste is subjective and I like it the most. 

God I hate these kinds of threads. 

Ray of Light

Born This Way is the bad ass artistic statement ARTPOP tried and failed so hard at being. An album like Born This Way was the reason many of us didn't leave during ARTPOP; it proved to us Gaga's abilities and power.

FATCAT

Of course. The Fame/Monster is still her crowning work in the real world. It's a total classic. I love Born This Way but it's only really talked about on pop forums and there's a reason for that. It has a couple of classic singles though

It may be a classic in the sense that it was successful, but in comparison to artistic growth (musiclly), BTW is her greatest acheivement.

Purr more, hiss less.

After seeing tons of fans dragging ARTPOP, I realized that most people think btw is her best album. I love the album, but a lot of the material is sub-par. Judas sounds like a rehash of bad romance in terms of theme and production, born this way sounds an awful lot like express yourself. Fans say that ARTPOP wasn't 100% original, but neither was btw. Judas' beat was bought from another artist, and many questioned how much of the album was "influenced" by Madonna. ARTPOP, after being dubbed a flop was completely altered. When it leaked, I remember post after post saying it was her best work, now it's a taboo thing to even say. Born this way was disliked by many in the fan base, but everyone seems to have forgotten.

What are you trying to say?  I can say the same arguments for ARTPOP.  G.U.Y. sounds like a 're-hashed' Poker Face, Mary Jane Holland sounds like a 're-hashed' Bloody Mary.  Hell, Venus sampled a Zombie-Zombie song.  Fashion!'s beat sounds like Holiday by Madonna.  Do What U Want sounds like a 're-hash' of So happy I could die also.  No, I don't take these that hardly, but if there's one thing I won't let go by is the double standards.

Musical taste is subjective, what does it matter that a few internet people yell at you for liking an album they don't.  Move on...

Spyro the Dragon

Sylvanas

There isn't a track on Born This Way that I dislike (minus Bad Kids  :teehee: ). I've stood by it from the moment it was released. You'd be surprised how many people in this fanbase disliked it and left. Very negative time for Gaga fans as far as I remember. ARTPOP is safer and cleaner, but I think I like the gritty side of Gaga shown in Born This Way more. I applaud ARTPOP as her most cohesive and well put together album though. The music just isn't as exciting for me personally  :spin:

"Who are we, if not slaves to this torment?"

FATCAT

Born This Way is the bad ass artistic statement ARTPOP tried and failed so hard at being. An album like Born This Way was the reason many of us didn't leave during ARTPOP; it proved to us Gaga's abilities and power.

I appreciate this post and your set. I'm a food lover :emma:

Purr more, hiss less.

Cody Draco

How can you put down BTW by its missteps, but then say ARTPOP is best?!?

Very confused by this thought process haha

Let me see... ARTPOP's missteps are easily miles better than BTW's missteps.

I've been a fan of Gaga's music since The Fame, but I don't let nostalgia cloud my judgement.

I can listen to ARTPOP in it's entirety and I can't say the same for any of her other albums.

That is all. I don't see what there is to hate about my opinion that ARTPOP is her best album

Let the music form your opinions, not the charts or the media or your fellow Little Monsters.

:ohwell:

Musically speaking ARTPOP is way better.

I do LOVE BTW though because of the whole era and the whole message that came with it.

It was announced when she was HUGE, and TFM was still a great thing both for the fans and for the GP.

Then BTW came, the song specially, to do the real revolution of her image from a pop singer to our 'heroine'.

That's why it's such an important album for me, and I believe that for other people it might be the same.

Dorothy Gale

What are you trying to say?  I can say the same arguments for ARTPOP.  G.U.Y. sounds like a 're-hashed' Poker Face, Mary Jane Holland sounds like a 're-hashed' Bloody Mary.  Hell, Venus sampled a Zombie-Zombie song.  Fashion!'s beat sounds like Holiday by Madonna.  Do What U Want sounds like a 're-hash' of So happy I could die also.  No, I don't take these that hardly, but if there's one thing I won't let go by is the double standards.

Musical taste is subjective, what does it matter that a few internet people yell at you for liking an album they don't.  Move on...

Bad Romance and Judas are extremely similar. If you listen to them back to back it becomes so evident. G.U.Y. and Poker Face? Only a few similarities.

Archived