💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Still can't believe that Jewels & Drugs is on ARTPOP.

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

OH and why the ARTPOP album is called artpop if there is no art in the half of the album :shrug:

Because you don't get the concept of the album :emma:

I like dancin', and ponies....

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

J&D, Donatella and Dope are a disgrace to her discography

me the first time I heard them

1168.gif

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

DriverMonster

I would be ok with it being on Twista's album or something but it definitely lowers the quality of her album.

Because you don't get the concept of the album :emma:

well what is ARTPOP about?

I don't get it

wasn't it about mixing art and pop music in one record? :shrug:

OH and why the ARTPOP album is called artpop if there is no art in the half of the album :shrug:

1) music & lyrics are an art form, and she put so much passion into an album that reflects her emotions and experiences in beautiful and sometimes even peculiar ways. How is that a lack of art? Just because she's not addressing some universal or significant issue or being as experimental as Bjork doesn't mean there isn't any artistic value to her work (and I don't think either of those things were ever the point of the album), especially when she lives and breathes it as she so obviously does.

2) Gaga is always about the art (and has been since TF), but not just musically; while I still stand behind my 1st point, I don't think you can neglect the full package with someone like her

3) This has been addressed billions of times since the album release, and imo it's gotten really old (not necessarily your fault), so I apologize if I sound snappy or rude. 

Bradley

J&D, Donatella and Dope are a disgrace to her discography

me the first time I heard them

1168.gif

Donatella gave me goosebumps for several times already. Dope was the most emotional song I've ever heard and I think I cried to it for at least 7 times already. I just want to voice that there are people who appreciate these songs.

I don't get it

Interestingly, I've always liked this early explanation the best, even though the idea obviously evolved since then & doesn't fit the album/era as much as the origin of the concept:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LQl3j8nyaE

it's made the most sense, to me at least. If anything, a valid criticism of the concept would be that it's not saying anything new about her as an artist, and I actually think that's why some people find it confusing and/or pointless. 

I don't get it

She said in the Vevo Certified interview

It's about an artist trapped in a castle that wants to go out and party in the underground club (Something along this lines)

So yes, in a way, she said ARTPOP was so many different things in many different interviews

I like dancin', and ponies....

She said in the Vevo Certified interview

It's about an artist trapped in a castle that wants to go out and party in the underground club (Something along this lines)

So yes, in a way, she said ARTPOP was so many different things in many different interviews

but hasn't she done that since the fame?

she has always been an artist and always wrote songs about going out and partying, if that's the concept of the album then it's very weak :rip:

Interestingly, I've always liked this early explanation the best, even though the idea obviously evolved since then & doesn't fit the album/era as much as the origin of the concept:

it's made the most sense, to me at least. If anything, a valid criticism of the concept wold be that it's not saying anything new about her as an artist, and I actually think that's why some people find it confusing and/or pointless. 

wow this interview>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any other interview during the ARTPOP era explaining the meaning of the album tbh

Donatella gave me goosebumps for several times already. Dope was the most emotional song I've ever heard and I think I cried to it for at least 7 times already. I just want to voice that there are people who appreciate these songs.

of course there are people who like it, nothing wrong with that :yes:  but they are crap compared to the rest of her discography imo, just my opinion

RAMROD

You guys still can't get over it? :laughga:

It is good urban tunes.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

XoXoJoanneGaga

it's made the most sense, to me at least. If anything, a valid criticism of the concept wold be that it's not saying anything new about her as an artist, and I actually think that's why some people find it confusing and/or pointless. 

No you're right, this is the best way to explain it. She talked about making ARTPOP during The Fame era as well. She's been doing it her whole career and it has such an incredibly simple explanation, the only reason people got confused is because she made the message incredibly convoluted to try to give the album more meaning (and probably cause she was out of her mind at the time). 

She should have just explained from the jump that the album's concept was separate from the concept of ARTPOP.

Archived