💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Does Gaga Crave Success Again?

The Professor

Featured Posts

COLONiCPRiNXESS

As much as Gaga loves to tell us she does whatever her heart feels right, creative freedom, music not the bling etc. I think she's trying to reboot her career and climb back up to the top.

Point 1: She loves being the "it" girl.

In Cake like Lady Gaga she's bragging like hell about her twitter followers, money, fame etc. Fame perfume launch she turned into total b---hga, acting like she's better than all over her interviewers, coming in in a carriage etc.

Point 2: A Tony Jazz album was the perfect platform to fix her reputation

No.1, critical acclaim, grammy winning, a perfect blank slate and launch for GP love again. It asserted her talent and was a 'safe place' where she couldn't be harmed by Katy, Beyonce, Rih or anybody. Its was a safe-bet genre without much competition. "Make sure you get the picture with the grammy" :rip:

Point 3: She's being careful about her appearance

Remember her ugly days of BTW? She could do whatever she goddamn wanted. Recently tho she's ditched the crazy costumes and gone for pure glamour and s-x appeal, and the press is living for it. 

Point 4: RedOne

Anyone else think its too coincidental both BTW and ARTPOP underperformed according to the GP and gaga goes back to her Fame/TFM producer? She knows RedOne = Hits. And she knows the first thing she needs is a smash. 

I believe Gaga still has that "intuition" about pop culture. She gets exactly where she stands and knows exactly what she needs to do. Thoughts?

I believe this harmed her.

And yes, I agree with you.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Born To Slay

Of course she does and I don't see the problem with it. People act like pop stars wanting money and fame and success are greedy and selfish but in reality, doesn't everyone want money and success? What's different about pop acts?

Vernier

But i mean be on top. Release GP friendly material that climbs to #1, not just release Venus like songs which simmer at below the hot 300

I think she does want to release stuff the public will eat up, if that's what you mean by "gp friendly", but at the same time, I don't think she'll sacrifice what she considers her "artistic integrity" to get that :shrug:

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Yh, which is a good thing, Madonna lasted so long caus of that fire that never left her :legend:

LADY GAGA/madonna/katy perry/little mix/ariana grande/selena gomez/britney spears/taylor swift

elijahfan

every artist does

Exactly, and artists saying otherwise are full of ****. To actually make the effort of putting material out requires so much energy and so many sacrifices that no published artist today can pretend they got here by total chance and out of a total disdain of the system.

giskardsb

This fanbase likes to project their own desires on Gaga. Its very unlikely that Gaga and RedOne are going to simply repeat past successful formulas in order to get hits. Sure both want success but I think both have other goals that also come into play in terms of artistic growth. Yes all artists like success but tempered by their own artistic vision. If success was All Gaga wanted she's be playing all the usual Pop star games which she doesn't do. I'd be very disappointed if LG5 was simply a TGM rehash.

Yes and it's natural. She knows she's more talented than other popstars and she wants people to see that and appreciate.

Agreed.  :fan:

This fanbase likes to project their own desires on Gaga. Its very unlikely that Gaga and RedOne are going to simply repeat past successful formulas in order to get hits. Sure both want success but I think both have other goals that also come into play in terms of artistic growth. Yes all artists like success but tempered by their own artistic vision. If success was All Gaga wanted she's be playing all the usual Pop star games which she doesn't do. I'd be very disappointed if LG5 was simply a TFM rehash.

Someone finally says it.

None of these fans have lived her popstar life and that's why they have a hard time putting themselves in those shoes. They say she "has always wanted success" because they view her career from the Internet, which is crowded with pop competitiveness. There's a difference between natural success and contrived success and I think people are getting those confused.

OP and fan opinion over this is so simple-minded and generalized that I can't pick where to start.

XoXoJoanneGaga

She's always wanted to be successful and to be a big pop star, it's just who she is. "Every song on ARTPOP was designed to be a single, every song was designed to be a hit" - her words. Music not the bling was more about her putting music before success, aka not selling out, she's held that philosophy since day one.

Yes, and it's good. She's realized that she needs to up her game and appeal to be on top again.

You don't deserve a point of view if the only thing you see is you.

Archived