Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Is GUY percieved as a bad song because it flopped?

Quark

Featured Posts

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
InsideOutright

It shouldn't be, not for that reason anyway. :shrug: It was a poor single choice but it had an amazing video.

The radio just rejected Gaga, just like they do now with Living For Love

I heard LFL on the radio last Saturday and no Gaga songs, so it's doing well right now. :toofloppy:

FRANK1991

I like the music instrumental and the voice over

but I still don't really like the song

the chorus is just too repetitive for me I get tired of it really fast

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

iAstroLeo

Yup. Just like what happened with Marry the Night, everyone loved the song and thought it would be the next Bad Romance, but when it flopped, people started hating it, even Garibay didn't stand a chance :emma:

FrankGutz

It's not a good song tbh, from ARTPOP it's one of the few i never click with.., Marry the Night was also a "flop" but it is one of my favorites and G.U.Y. never, i mean, Aura, Venus, Sexxx Dreams, Gypsy, could be better singles

It was a poor single choice but it had an amazing video.

This, i always hated that choice, never liked it

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

The radio just rejected Gaga, just like they do now with Living For Love

This.

How were we supposed to measure its appeal when barely anyone was hearing it?

ryhanna

It was a poor single choice but it had an amazing video.

**** yes. The video was amazing! 

I don't really care whether GUY flopped or went #1 in every single country for 2782386406938 weeks. I dislike the song, but dat video is extraordinary. 

FrankGutz

**** yes. The video was amazing! 

I don't really care whether GUY flopped or went #1 in every single country for 2782386406938 weeks. I dislike the song, but dat video is extraordinary. 

I know, i was more excited about the video than the song, mess

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

crybrowz

Its my favorite song on ARTPOP and MTN is my favorite song from BTW and I didn't start appreciating them until after they flopped so I guess I have a thing for commercially unsuccessful Gaga songs  :fan:

It's definitely not one of my favorites from ARTPOP, and it never was. I think the chorus is too repetitive. It's not a bad song, by any means, but when you have songs like Gypsy, MANiCURE, and Sexxx Dreams that are better, they should be put ahead of G.U.Y. when choosing a single. I do love dancing to it though. The choreography is dope. And the video is definitely in my Top 3 favorite Gaga videos.

XoXoJoanneGaga

It sounds like a dry remake of LoveGame without all the humor, wit, personality, energy, etc.

It's forgettable just like the entire album.

Pretty much

blacklistedd

I think some people try to act like it flopped because it wasn't a good song or wasn't a good single but honestly thats complete bull. Like it or not, that song was meant to be a single and if it weren't for the fact that people roll their eyes at every mention of Gagas name, that song could've at least gone top 3. Its not my favorite song on the entire album but it is one of its highlights and it is a good gaga track. Cold hard facts, radio was not going to support her and no one cared. Thats literally the only reason it didn't do well. It had nothing to do with its quality. Had she released Sex Dreams or Gypsy or whatever it would've done the same **** on the charts.

It's definitely not one of my favorites from ARTPOP, and it never was. I think the chorus is too repetitive. It's not a bad song, by any means, but when you have songs like Gypsy, MANiCURE, and Sexxx Dreams that are better, they should be put ahead of G.U.Y. when choosing a single. I do love dancing to it though. The choreography is dope. And the video is definitely in my Top 3 favorite Gaga videos.

MANiCURE? Oh hell no dude, that **** would've flopped even harder. I mean GUY didn't stand a chance anyway since no one wanted to consume Lady Gaga in general but MANiCURE would've been even worse.

MANiCURE? Oh hell no dude, that **** would've flopped even harder. I mean GUY didn't stand a chance anyway since no one wanted to consume Lady Gaga in general but MANiCURE would've been even worse.

I think it could've been a big summer hit if the era had gone differently, but like you said, nothing stood a chance.

Archived