💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Is GUY percieved as a bad song because it flopped?

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

I have noticed that whenever GUY gets some sort of praise or when it wins some popularity poll here or in media articles many here act like "Yeah, GUY is the best song? Lol" or "OK I'll take it because is a Gaga song". In other words, I feel like GUY is pervieced as a bad song or not taken seriously because the song did not do well commercially. But the reality is that GUY is a great pop song. It may not be Gaga's best song, but Gaga's vocals sound great, the lyrics are pretty clever, the sound is very high energy and edgy, and the chorus is simple and sweet.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ryhanna

I'm sure it is that way for some people, but personally that song just never connected with me. It's the chorus, mostly. I really don't like that chorus. :smh:

xoxo cupcakke

I don't hate it but after overplaying it after listening to ARTPOP so many times, it hasn't stuck with me the way other songs have

TEANUS

Somewhat. I just know there are a good many people who quite a different opinion of the song/ album after it flopped :usrs:

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Jewels n Drugs

I think so too. It's actually one of the best songs on ARTPOP.

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

CatelynnMarie

I'm sure it is that way for some people, but personally that song just never connected with me. It's the chorus, mostly. I really don't like that chorus. :smh:

This. I felt the same for so long. It took an unreasonably long time for me to really get into the song. I remember when the snippets were released, I had high expectations and what I heard was just kind of, repetitive and boring. My opinion of the song in it's entirety has changed since then, but I can understand where you're coming from 

Archived