Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Is GUY percieved as a bad song because it flopped?

Quark

Featured Posts

blacklistedd

I think it could've been a big summer hit if the era had gone differently, but like you said, nothing stood a chance.

I just think its on the lower end of her discography to be honest.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HORRORHOLIC

No not at all. I predicted it would flop because it was a typical pop song by numbers and would make little to no impact.

Aura should have been the 1st, 2nd or even 3rd single (But really 1st) I've talked about this a million times now. I've said how the general public would have been like WTF ? at first but it was different than anything else being played on the radio and would have stood out and caught on instead of being lost in the shuffle as just another Gaga song. When people said G.U.Y. would "SLAY" I explained why it wouldn't and well, I was right.  The GP needed another WTF moment from Gaga to shake things up a bit.

gagzus

it's my fave video, good storyline with hidden messages, her looks were FLAWLESS (you can clearly tell tara didn't do the makeup :emma: )

the song itself is still amazingly catchy, my first thought upon the first listen was her voice has some 90s Britney Spears to it in the verses & the third verse/breakdown & the buildup to the last chorus AND the nein zedd part :rip: :worship:

It's an amazing song with an amazing video. It just wasn't "in" for the GP to like Gaga during ARTPOP, things are changing though and no doubt whenever she releases her next single, whether its tomorrow or next year, it will do well.

calmar

I'm relatively nonplussed not just because G.U.Y. is perceived as lesser due to its commercial underperformance, but any song is considered by the average person lesser because of less radio play or promotion. I like "Living for Love" now. I like GUY. I like music regardless of how well it performs with promotion. 

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

Yes, like the rest of the album.

It's definitely not the best song of the album, but it's totally radio friendly, a nice song, it's definitely better of 'Break Free'. 

By the way I think that it flopped not because people didn't like the song but because people were over this project, so the radios, I'm sure that if there wouldn't be the DWUW blackout the song could have been a top10 hit with radio support.

Yes. If it was successful it would've been considered as a legendary song.

G.U.Y. in fact is a masterpiece, never understood why charts-obsessed fans bashed it for being bad?

Archived