Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

BTW's Hot 100 Achievement

scrappy

Featured Posts

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont get it! please explain me clearly! thank you

I summed the peak places of all the singles from a given album and divided it by the number of the singles (I calculated the arithmetic mean) :)

By that measure, getting 5 x #1s and 1 x #100 (average 17.5) will count not as good as getting 3 x #15s (average 15), which is nonsense.

What do you get if you add the reciprocals of the peak chart positions: 1/x + 1/y + 1/z etc where x,y,z are the chart peaks...? That would be a better measure as it emphasizes the #1s, not the #100s.

By that measure, getting 5 x #1s and 1 x #100 (average 17.5) will count not as good as getting 3 x #15s (average 15), which is nonsense.

What do you get if you add the reciprocals of the peak chart positions: 1/x + 1/y + 1/z etc where x,y,z are the chart peaks...? That would be a better measure as it emphasizes the #1s, not the #100s.

tumblr_lxi23kZLh61r9652ro2_250.gif

And this is why I hate math :toofloppy:

JoseLittleMonster

9.8 without generi music or a duet with a mainstream artist! :legend: SHE IS MAKING REAL MUSIC! the charts doesn't mean nothing. :pawsup:

You're amazing. :toofunny:

So the sum of reciprocals is (In this case the higher, the better):

LOUD: 3.19

BTW: 1.63

FF: 1.49

TTT: 1.1

4: 0.16 :toofloppy:

Born This Way is second so it's still not that bad :)

So the sum of reciprocals is (In this case the higher, the better):

LOUD: 3.19

BTW: 1.63

FF: 1.49

TTT: 1.1

4: 0.16 :toofloppy:

Born This Way is second so it's still not that bad :)

Good work!

How about scoring for the chart positions every week - so like BTW's 6 weeks at #1 would score 6 and then a bit more added on for later chart positions - will that make it better still?

Archived