Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

What was your first impression of Lady Gaga ?

Azor Ahai

Featured Posts

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
djBuffoon

I remember thinking that "Just Dance", "Poker Face", "Eh Eh" were catchy yet utterly disposable. Which I still think. For all her talk about being an artist and a classically trained pianist, I was like, this is the best you can do? Then I heard, "Summerboy", "Paper Gangsta", "LoveGame" and my perception immediately changed. Then I heard her really sing, then The Fame Monster happened, and the rest is history.

I heard "Just Dance" while I was going out with my friends and I loved the song! But I was pretty sure that she'd be a one hit wonder  :rip:

giskardsb

I've never been a big pop fan and her early songs seemed like same old stuff to me. "I wanna take a ride on your disco stick" didn't help as to me it's a very juvenile line, almost but not quite as bad as KP and peacock. Anyway it wasn't until Bad Romance that I took notice and her Speechless performance on Ellen sealed the deal. I started looking into her and found her acoustic performances and decided she was a musical talent I could respect.

Still think that LoveGame line is dumb though and Just Dance does nothing for me.

TheFamousLM

I remember when I first saw the Poker Face music video and I couldn't understand how she changed so much (bc she had so many looks on the video).

iloveit123

I was so into pop music and pop girls when i first heard 'Just Dance', I liked it, but wasn't blown away. Then I heard 'Pokerface', got the album, saw performances, and watched her live, and I was hooked!

I felt so rebellious and bad when I watched her videos because the kids at school would always whisper, "Do you know what a disco stick is??" She was like the s-xiest thing I had been exposed to

Radio Ga Ga

I wasn't really into mainstream pop music at that time (i was 11 and was in china) and my sister showed me bad romance video and told me how weird she is, and then i was like ok cool, boring

BUT THEN because bad romance was so friggin' catchy and my sister played it all the time, i fell in love with the song (especially the chorus) and then i started listen to her other songs, i remember the order: bad romance, poker face, paparazzi, just dance, brown eyes, dance in the dark, telephone, alejandro... i can't remember the rest. I at first only liked her music cuz i thought she was crazy, blasphemous and s-xual, but then born this way era got me falling in love with her, and i grew up more at that time to understand her art. But ARTPOP era was when i actually watched everything that gaga did and was doing, and it was easier to do since i came to america when i was 13

Feels awkward to say but i was amazed how ugly she was as for popstar (I don't think that anymore). Like all the popstars were beautiful like britney xtina rihanna etc, and Gaga did not stun me in just dance video.

When she put out Just Dance and I researched her, and I was like, Lady GaGa, who's that? She's so weird.

Then I read more about her and I became fascinated with her weirdness because she has been an enigma since the start! I remember thinking the blonde hair + hairbow were her real hair and asking myself how she'd change it the next day  :toofunny:

Archived