💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Nicki Minaj shares "Why Grammys are as white as you think" article

Yanko

Featured Posts

The Grammys are still using "urban" to denote "black"

This is true. Calling it the "black" category would be more honest.

But it helps blacks win more awards. Pop category is more competitive. Shoving Adele into pop means white dance-pop gets shut out while Chris Brown wins an award.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

kanye west is also mentioned in the article

read it

I did, and that still doesn't explain the nature of the article.

Is it trying to point out people of colour are discriminated, when it is not, but the writer seems to make it seem that way.

Or is it about genres.

It just rambles on and on.

Only two things I agree with, Macklemore being winner this year and Iggy being a nominee for next year Grammys.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Pure Adrenaline

Omg expose ha :fan:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

This is not the AMAs. :teehee: You don't need commercial success to win a Grammy, although that's what it seems like nowadays. 

She's still pressed there's a new female voice in town, one that's more successful :spin: pretty soon Iggy is gonna be making a "Stupid Hoe" of her own cuz every time Iggy is mentioned it seems Minaj and Azealia criticize her race...

"I am the world's greatest person that does not want to let people into the country."—US President Donald J. Trump

Gianni Versace

Why does Beyonce have so many f*cking awards

maybe because daddy knowles is on the grammy committee 

Does music like Anaconda really deserve Grammys though? I think her music can be fun and all, but does it really present something substantial enough to be considered the best of 2014? I do agree however, that the Grammys do sometimes snub black artists, and I think it's good that Nicki is adding to that conversation.

This

This is not the AMAs. :teehee: You don't need commercial success to win a Grammy, although that's what it seems like nowadays.

yes you do, if you're not popular chances are that you're not even getting a nomination and also non-popular artists don't get the Grammys them ratings they want so bad, no matter how good they are :madge:

yes I am pressed about Grammys only nominating popular artists but whatever :madge:

She's still pressed there's a new female voice in town, one that's more successful :spin: pretty soon Iggy is gonna be making a "Stupid Hoe" of her own cuz every time Iggy is mentioned it seems Minaj and Azealia criticize her race...

Blacks on twitter are so bummed about Iggy:

T'Challa â€@Lloyd_Oski  Dec 11

Killer Cops

Republican takeover

Ebola

Boko Haram

Bill Cosby

Exodus Movie

Iggy winning in rap

What a sad year for Blacks.

(It's like how we Canadians feel when we lose at hockey.)

This

yes you do, if you're not popular chances are that you're not even getting a nomination and also non-popular artists don't get the Grammys them ratings they want so bad, no matter how good they are :madge:

yes I am pressed about Grammys only nominating popular artists but whatever :madge:

But the Grammys are *sometimes* notorious for choosing obscure/unconventional artists as winners. It was one year where they chose this artist named "Esperanza Spalding" over popular artists, then when everyone thought Amy Winehouse was going to win Record of The Year, it went to Herbie Hancock. :dies:

I get what you mean, though. There's tons of unknown artists I listen to who deserve Grammys but don't get them because the committee chooses more well-known musicians. 

SlayedForTheGod

i like Nicki and Iggy both but Iggy is NOT more successful. thats just a simple fact.

i like Nicki and Iggy both but Iggy is NOT more successful. thats just a simple fact.

Career-wise Nicki is well ahead but New Classic era > Pinkprint era.

Lead single relies on Sir Mixalot and is all about her booty (but not in an empowering way like ABTB), then her latest song with Drake and Wayne is so generic yet not catchy. How can she claim that's better than Fancy or Black Widow?

One Five Ten

I agree. Minaj's album sales DESTROYED The New Classic, and Minaj wasn't desperate enough to rerelease her album with months just for the opportunity to get more hit singles. I love Iggy Azalea, but can we stop acting like she isn't a singles artist. Nicki is the Gaga of the female rap race, whereas Iggy is the Katy. Hit and quality singles, but nothing to back it up on the rest of the album. 

Madonna won her first grammys in 1999 two decades after her first album! its annoying how artists like justin beiber and nicki minaj complain about not having a grammy when they dont even deserve it.

Lead single relies on Sir Mixalot and is all about her booty (but not in an empowering way like ABTB), then her latest song with Drake and Wayne is so generic yet not catchy. How can she claim that's better than Fancy or Black Widow?

pinkprint will outsell new classic tho :smh: and her real smashes are coming :sis: singles so far are probably the weakest on the album l but lets not turn this into another messy thread 

One Five Ten

Call me when Iggy has a smash hit that's on her own. Because all I'm seeing is Fancy ft. Charli XCX, Black Widow ft. Rita Ora, Problem which she features on, and Beg For It ft. Mø. None of the girls who feature on her tracks are household names, but I think Iggy owes a lot of her success to their choruses and hooks. When Nicki smashed with Super Bass, it was all on her own. It's just sad to me that Iggy (or more specifically her team) doesn't have faith in her to release solo tracks - when songs like Work are arguably her best.

Call me when Iggy has a smash hit that's on her own. Because all I'm seeing is Fancy ft. Charli XCX, Black Widow ft. Rita Ora, Problem which she features on, and Beg For It ft. Mø. None of the girls who feature on her tracks are household names, but I think Iggy owes a lot of her success to their choruses and hooks. When Nicki smashed with Super Bass, it was all on her own. It's just sad to me that Iggy (or more specifically her team) doesn't have faith in her to release solo tracks - when songs like Work are arguably her best.

iggy szn and we in this b---h 

dont forget those 

Archived