band

HIM Memoriam 1991-2017 / Ville Valo

lego

Fav HIM albums  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite HIM album?

• Greatest Love Songs Vol. 666 (1997)
    • Razorblade Romance (1999)
    • Deep Shadows and Brilliant Highlights (2001)
    • Love Metal (2003)
    • Dark Light (2005)
    • Venus Doom (2007)
    • Screamworks: Love in Theory and Practice (2010)
    • Tears On Tape (2013)

Featured Posts

66darklight6
1 hour ago, YourSweet666 said:

@Sister Daniel just freaked me out

Then I saw the "throwback". :air:

He made graphic for Tears on tape, omg totally love his style <3

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sister

OMG we are so lucky for Mark G. Thwaite, do you realize how long we would be waiting now without Knowing Me Knowing You? We have such a long wait ahead of us and Ville disappears too.:giveup:We've been pretty lucky as of late.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

lego

Mr. Valo has left a colorful thumbprint throughout the home in the form of his own artwork and other works he has collected, which are included in the price of the home.

An antique church mirror in the ground floor reception area functions as a door to a guest toilet, whose modern, paint-splattered floor motif Mr. Valo designed and executed himself.

“It brings out something extra when you add something modern and a little artsy to an old building,” said Alexander Wilhelmsson, managing director of the Helsinki-based Crape, the agency with which the home is listed.

During the second-floor renovation, Mr. Valo also intentionally left marks — in this case the work-related floor scuffs and scrapes of Mr. Sarpaneva, who designed several household items that are now associated with classic Finnish design.

The room underwent professional treatment for acoustical enhancement and was used as a practice and jamming room by Mr. Valo. He also covered its walls with ornate Lincrusta wallpaper copied from cabins aboard the Titanic, Mr. Wilhelmsson said.

“The current owner has an eye for detail,” he said. “Everything in this house is really thought through.”

The third floor houses a master bedroom with walk-in closets and a full bathroom with underfloor heating. Still more church mirrors adorn the room, and the stairs leading to it are decorated with wrought-iron artworks that Mr. Valo designed.

:flutter:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/04/01/realestate/perched-high-with-gulf-of-finland-views.html?referer=

FreePalestine

lego
11 minutes ago, Sister said:

OMG we are so lucky for Mark G. Thwaite, do you realize how long we would be waiting now without Knowing Me Knowing You? We have such a long wait ahead of us and Ville disappears too.:giveup:We've been pretty lucky as of late.

I'm gonna pretend he's lying and doesn't want to reveal real date yet. :giveup:

FreePalestine

Cocaine Heart

I've been thinking I want to get a Heartagram tattoo but I can't decide where :green:

Suggestions ? :stalkga:

We going to boo

Sister
3 minutes ago, Cocaine Heart said:

I've been thinking I want to get a Heartagram tattoo but I can't decide where :green:

Right at your hip, ilium.:hor:

lego
24 minutes ago, Cocaine Heart said:

around the nipple

a511988d0cc2d8d31357f9b671f19568.jpg

:staymad:

but omg so happy!:woot:

FreePalestine

Sister

@Cocaine Heart I might get one too, my mind is dangerously close to accepting that I will get it.:air:

lego

I brainwashed you guys! :giveup:

I'm sorry! 

or am I? :green:

FreePalestine

Sister
5 minutes ago, YourSweet666 said:

I brainwashed you guys! :giveup:

I'm sorry! 

or am I? :green:

True story~

tumblr_nutgstFQVX1ux4vzlo1_500.gif:heart:

Nirvana

Sorry for not being around yesterday, been really stressed but I had to do some sort of translation, could not leave you hanging :gaycat:

Some of these what I'll put are direct translations, others more explained sort-of. There is a lot of translation mistakes, for sure, but try to make some sense out of these. :flop:

I'll put the most important part here: the album is most likely (and unfortunately) going to come autumn next year... :( if I understood right, they'll stop the break and start writing after summer but they'll need time, about an half a year, to do rehealsals, recording an album and all the stuff with record company before an album will be out. And Ville seems like really exited about Helldone, so he'll likely be there. :flutter:

Nirvana

To add something to earlier stuff I wrote:

About not meeting bandmates and on purpose not being in touch by talking: it hurts and makes him feel bad, but it's useful to load batteries and gather inspiration.

There's going to be new music, meaningful to them and where they get inspiration. They want to speculate, what's new to the listeners and inspiring. Like pizza is the best food, but if the same margherita pizza all the time, it makes you sick. (I’d think that new style of music is comin??)

He's been in touch with Arto Melasniemi. There’s around a technoproject with Huoratron, but it's almost impossible to get in touch with him. He was in HIM in the earlier years, but he makes so much stuff all the time, 77 different projects at one time it did not work out... He tells that it took three hours from Arto to get to tavastia because he had to go to see his grandma to pick up socks or something.(laughs) But he has have only good memories, kisses to him. 

He says also that he needs that certain song, which becomes a corner, new perspective where to go from there. Since last summer he's been working on it, and only been playing acoustic guitar. inspiration flows after that certain "inspiration".

It's like talking, it doesn't always flow. He says the best stuff is done while sleeping. Doing something at night, thinking it's not working at all and then waking up in morning and feeling "wow, that's how I'll do it".

He says he's lazy person for not having to do work like people outside the rock n' roll bubble but he has on the other hand time to be sensitive to certain stuff, and observe things which might sound unimportant to others (like smells and associating thoughts, memories and all)

Sensitivity is the key to creating music, but being down there on the road makes it difficult. (talk about drinking beer, earlier mentioned)

Nirvana

Here's more direct translation, sorry for these essays :toofunny:

Interviewer: what about the pressure, when the band profiles a lot to you. and when there are all the other people around who are dependant of you being around working and feeling allright:

Maybe only on subconscious,because, after all we are just a rockband, nothing matters like that in the end. if you start to think, you can ponder if a musician is responsible of their publicum about what you sing and all that, is an author responsible of the people who read the books? if you think that far, you cannot get out of the house. you must have a bit legendary "Popeda spirit" (a finnish band, notorious of the lead singer drinking a lot, leading a "rock'n roll lifestyle:toofunny: ) like, let's go with the flow, like "Kaasua" (refers to a Popeda song, which is also the nickname of Gas in Finnish). (the interviewer: it does sound from your mouth even more funnier) Ville: Don't say that, haha :D

Interviewer: In the beginning when everything blew up with HIM so huge, how much did you think you became overtly arrogant?: I don't think it exactly so, I feel it likes you don't notice people around you. you go so hard forward all the time and forget everything else. But I have not used much of my status expect doors from Lost and found we always got in. But, we brought money with us too. all the time. it was a Jazz club before. But, you should ask someone else about being overtly proud. That, I dont know.

After rehab, I thought a lot of stuff. All of it was like a snowball effect and I'm glad it stopped somewhere. and it was a good place. The first world tour sober was different, I saw the dayside, I always used to only see the nightside. But now I saw the towns daytime, was awake then. I went to see the museums and walk around, all that. So different from earlier stuff I used to do.

Being sober sucks (laughs) but it’s about finding balance. You can eat a lot of chocolate but then you will get pimples in your face.  (laughs)

But I realised that all after the rehab. I was 2010 broken alone in my home. You know, in Finland we go to drink and play biljard. But if you dont drink, the relationships and invites dont come. It’s no wonder, if’s automatic. You don’t go to drink with someone who’s sober.

it’s a process. cycles in life are album cycles and in making music, when the album comes, the themes and all are in your head. then starts the another album. it’s different.

but after venus doom, when all was done, it became more clear. what have we done in recent 10 years, and it’s still hard to realise. It’s not like I would not remember anything or that. You dont realise the character. Nothing else matters when you are on the flow. Normal people have balance, like having a huge passion for something but on the other hand, having the kids. In music, I have this and everything else can f off. It could be compared to hyper mild asperger or autism in a way that you can focus so much on certain feeling and make all out of it. many actors have that same phenomenom too. feelings are in a way controlled. you could of course use it to a lot of worse things, of which musicians are known of. it’s also related to being an asshole, too.

Nirvana

Parents wanted me when I was young to finish the school of course. I used to be in the same school as Petri Walli, from Kingston Wall. Music and all came. since I was 7 I had studied music and went to pop-jazz music side. My mom and dad wanted to give a chance to see it, since I was serious about it. It’s impossible to concentrate on daytime job and music. though some people can handle that.

Interviewer: Have you ever thought any other choise?

I feel that to me it was not a choice, it was a destiny, if you want to be dramatic. it was so automatic to me, I had always found confort in music and the colors of life. Music can understand you when having a bad day. It colors life, it’s a partner. Since I was a small kid. Never thought of that as a professional choise.

Interviewer: What is your earliest music related memory?

Tuomari Nurmio and Badding was there at my home, also old black blues. But I dont get a strong memory…. I used to play acoustic guitar and then my cousin played it too. A guitar string went broken and I thought the guitar went broken. I had seen KISS 77 show on video, and I was ”let’s break this completely” and then I learned it doesn’t get broke that easily. :D People freak out of different things, to me it was music. Even when I saw the poster of KISS I freaked out, music was a different game. In many ways. Then realised, no it’s not exactly like that.. Like they are just human, and Gene is a huge businessman, at least according to his own words.

I don’t know, I was 5 and I saw first time an Iron Maiden poster where there was Eddie. I was so scared, I saw nightmares! Boys like to watch horror movies and say ”no, it doesn’t feel anything” but **** on their pants! It’s sort of escapism and world is a shitty place and grey, people need it. Dio and dragons, it’s fantasy world. Iron Maiden is. You get strenght to go to school.

Interviewer: Coming back from the road after a tour to your home, do you get depressed after realising, for example there is no toilet paper in the house?

No, I think it is funny in a way to  see how used you get to certain things and rituals, like having toilet paper and you have clean towels. Then you can laugh at yourself, that everything is absolute mess, like this is horrible. It’s like "oh Perkele, back to holiday inn!" But now, it’s more like stopping. Since it was 2010 I realised I have to clean floors!

Its difficult. When you are home you just sleep, you cannot sleep in the road bus and the hotels are far and distant. you have to save money with it because the records dont sell nowadays like they used to. We rather use own money to visit manhattan and walk around too, rather than stay in a cheap hotel which is distant. It’s not always walking on rose petals. it’s routines too.

Interviewer: There are legendary stories about pranks you’ve done to each other, how is it now?

No, **** hasn’t been thrown around lately, when it was our younger years and first time on road when some of use still had daytime-´jobs it was different. You just let it all out, I dont know how Tiina could put up with us!

It’s still like that, but all verbalic. Five people who known each other ages telling same stories, I think we’d end up in jail if all we’d said would come out (laughs). But no, seriously the talk is a bit tired. But it’s messy. I’ve done all that messing around before.  

Interviewer: Is there anything you wouldn’t do?

No, I just think philosofically did I have to do all that to be led to where I am? You learn from your mistakes, at least sometimes. We’ll, If you are the ”wild beast of the woods”, why would you want to be in this urban asphalt hell? (interviewer: well that’s a weird comparison) No, I thougt my mom and dad’s dog, it’s called ”wild beast”. It’s a small yourshire terrier, under a year old, called Olavi.

I’m just thinking how free you have to be, and how much you have to do to be free but not in order to be thrown in jail? One time in ten years is enoug (laughs).

Archived