band

HIM Memoriam 1991-2017 / Ville Valo

lego

Fav HIM albums  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite HIM album?

• Greatest Love Songs Vol. 666 (1997)
    • Razorblade Romance (1999)
    • Deep Shadows and Brilliant Highlights (2001)
    • Love Metal (2003)
    • Dark Light (2005)
    • Venus Doom (2007)
    • Screamworks: Love in Theory and Practice (2010)
    • Tears On Tape (2013)

Featured Posts

poison girl
10 hours ago, Sister said:

first picture @poison girl :wub:

tumblr_o34booNDfw1s36gzvo1_500.jpg

t23121.gif m1502.gif

Too beautiful Sis.. 

And this gif, omg. One of my favourite Ville gifs. t4571.gif

10 hours ago, Sister said:

tumblr_nnnvqeyyh41rmbwc4o1_400.gif

2001. in Hamburg at some vintage shop.

tumblr_o1p42q3kbV1s36gzvo1_1280.jpg

It is the night of the witch tonight and the vengeance is hers for as long as she stands by Him ♡

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lego

Ten songs with the most heartbreaking sobs

No one wails as beautiful as Ville Valo. Are those much-admired sobs due to his occasional breathing troubles or a creative expression? Just refer to your records again...

1. Join Me (1999)
It may sound funny, but “Join Me” is not only the hit that started it all, but also gives all the important cornerstones of the Valo: The up and down the pitch levels, gasping inhaling that doesn’t suggest a not yet very elaborate breathing technique but does hit all the right spots, “Wohohohos” and the topics life, love and death. Squeaks and cracks make the whole thing just better, while you hang fascinated on the lips of the androgynous-fragile vocalist.

2. It’s All Tears (1997)
Pure sex! Is really is rather on rare occasion that Valo gets lyrically explicit, but besides the corresponding intonation the message here clearly is a straight moan- and groan invitation: “So, my love, your laughter is finally turn into tears. And you’re begging for more though the end is getting near. Come closer, my love, I’ll violate you in the most sensual way until you drown in this love...”

3. Bury Me Deep Inside Your Heart” (1999)
Oh yeah, here there is moaning, howling, breathing and begging for what it’s worth! A dream of a HIM song, from the first to the last line pure breathed longing. Anyone with a different opinion should go and watch the magnificently panted live version from Rock im Park 2001 - and forever hold their peace.

4. For You (1997)
More of a b-side beauty among the HIM hits, but one that is really heavy on begging, howling and whining. Once again, it’s the octave changes of his voice, the drawing sound of his bronchia combined with the quite desired sorrow set out in little lyrics that move the song up to the sob charts.

5. Wicked Game (1997)
With his uber-hit, Chris Isaak elevated dreamy weepiness and longing begging to an art. HIM, who, especially in their first two albums, dedicated themselves to that guild, could do nothing but follow in suit grandiosely. In the video, his silver creole earrings jingle with the music and Ville Valo, still with his charming tooth gap, makes himself as well as the women on and in front of the screen wet - well roared, lion!

6. Right Here In My Arms, optionally Poison Girl (1999)
Asthma goes Pop. With every breath he takes, especially when changing from the basement voice back to daylight, you think to hear a sob of the singer - but the singer’s audible gasps are more likely due to the speed of the song, lacking fitness and pathological breathlessness combined with constant chain smoking. It didn’t hurt the song, mind you. Back then, HIM just celebrated their big breakthrough.

7. When Love And Death Embrace (1997)
So that’s what it sounds like when somone’s heart is crushed, thinks Mr Valo. Consequently, the beat is limping and leaves much time for many breathed h-h-h-hearts, for emphasising and heaviness and of course the Ville-generic whiny improvisations, that are amply provides due to the small lyric quantity. The crux of the matter is, same as with Join Me, the unclear realtionship to death. Did his love die? Did he die himself? Or both, or none of them? Oh well. Up to you.

8. Bittersweet (2004)
Apocalyptica feat. Ville Valo & Lauri Ylönen
Even the cellos cry when even two Finnish heartbreakers, Lauri Ylönen and Ville Valo, whine into the microphone. Sure, a little bit of witchboard, secrecy, Kalevala nature, love and -well? Right: death are a must. And just to make sure it does reach each and every uterus, you are given the choice between manly deep bass tremolo and boyish clear wooing - what woman wouldn’t swoon over that?

9. The Funeral Of Hearts (2003)
Simply wonderful. HIM - A Winter’s Tale in picture and sound and song. The sobbing gets a new flavour and thiiiis has much to do wiiiiith the a long “iiiiii”. Inbewteen, Ville’s voice seeps rather softly through the song, and nevertheless his breath is as always audible and virtually breathes his mysterious life into the whole thing. 

10. Heartkiller (2012)[sic]/”Scared To Death”(2010)/Killing Loneliness (2005)
The new generation of sobs, less offensive, more grown-up but nevertheless on the rise once more. After a twoor three album rebel phase, in which the vocalist tried to fight against his heartbreaker image with a lot of screaming and Metal, a bit more of feeling is again invited back into the lyrics. Not laid on so thickly, not anymore heavy with red wine and candles but more unburdened and more lively, this form of now-and-again-sighing sounds pleasently altert, modern and honest. (text by Yvonne DuchĂąteau)

http://valo-daily.livejournal.com/5031524.html

FreePalestine

Sister
59 minutes ago, YourSweet666 said:

Ten songs with the most heartbreaking sobs

No one wails as beautiful as Ville Valo. Are those much-admired sobs due to his occasional breathing troubles or a creative expression? Just refer to your records again...

1. Join Me (1999)
It may sound funny, but “Join Me” is not only the hit that started it all, but also gives all the important cornerstones of the Valo: The up and down the pitch levels, gasping inhaling that doesn’t suggest a not yet very elaborate breathing technique but does hit all the right spots, “Wohohohos” and the topics life, love and death. Squeaks and cracks make the whole thing just better, while you hang fascinated on the lips of the androgynous-fragile vocalist.

2. It’s All Tears (1997)
Pure sex! Is really is rather on rare occasion that Valo gets lyrically explicit, but besides the corresponding intonation the message here clearly is a straight moan- and groan invitation: “So, my love, your laughter is finally turn into tears. And you’re begging for more though the end is getting near. Come closer, my love, I’ll violate you in the most sensual way until you drown in this love...”

3. Bury Me Deep Inside Your Heart” (1999)
Oh yeah, here there is moaning, howling, breathing and begging for what it’s worth! A dream of a HIM song, from the first to the last line pure breathed longing. Anyone with a different opinion should go and watch the magnificently panted live version from Rock im Park 2001 - and forever hold their peace.

4. For You (1997)
More of a b-side beauty among the HIM hits, but one that is really heavy on begging, howling and whining. Once again, it’s the octave changes of his voice, the drawing sound of his bronchia combined with the quite desired sorrow set out in little lyrics that move the song up to the sob charts.

5. Wicked Game (1997)
With his uber-hit, Chris Isaak elevated dreamy weepiness and longing begging to an art. HIM, who, especially in their first two albums, dedicated themselves to that guild, could do nothing but follow in suit grandiosely. In the video, his silver creole earrings jingle with the music and Ville Valo, still with his charming tooth gap, makes himself as well as the women on and in front of the screen wet - well roared, lion!

6. Right Here In My Arms, optionally Poison Girl (1999)
Asthma goes Pop. With every breath he takes, especially when changing from the basement voice back to daylight, you think to hear a sob of the singer - but the singer’s audible gasps are more likely due to the speed of the song, lacking fitness and pathological breathlessness combined with constant chain smoking. It didn’t hurt the song, mind you. Back then, HIM just celebrated their big breakthrough.

7. When Love And Death Embrace (1997)
So that’s what it sounds like when somone’s heart is crushed, thinks Mr Valo. Consequently, the beat is limping and leaves much time for many breathed h-h-h-hearts, for emphasising and heaviness and of course the Ville-generic whiny improvisations, that are amply provides due to the small lyric quantity. The crux of the matter is, same as with Join Me, the unclear realtionship to death. Did his love die? Did he die himself? Or both, or none of them? Oh well. Up to you.

8. Bittersweet (2004)
Apocalyptica feat. Ville Valo & Lauri Ylönen
Even the cellos cry when even two Finnish heartbreakers, Lauri Ylönen and Ville Valo, whine into the microphone. Sure, a little bit of witchboard, secrecy, Kalevala nature, love and -well? Right: death are a must. And just to make sure it does reach each and every uterus, you are given the choice between manly deep bass tremolo and boyish clear wooing - what woman wouldn’t swoon over that?

9. The Funeral Of Hearts (2003)
Simply wonderful. HIM - A Winter’s Tale in picture and sound and song. The sobbing gets a new flavour and thiiiis has much to do wiiiiith the a long “iiiiii”. Inbewteen, Ville’s voice seeps rather softly through the song, and nevertheless his breath is as always audible and virtually breathes his mysterious life into the whole thing. 

10. Heartkiller (2012)[sic]/”Scared To Death”(2010)/Killing Loneliness (2005)
The new generation of sobs, less offensive, more grown-up but nevertheless on the rise once more. After a twoor three album rebel phase, in which the vocalist tried to fight against his heartbreaker image with a lot of screaming and Metal, a bit more of feeling is again invited back into the lyrics. Not laid on so thickly, not anymore heavy with red wine and candles but more unburdened and more lively, this form of now-and-again-sighing sounds pleasently altert, modern and honest. (text by Yvonne DuchĂąteau)

http://valo-daily.livejournal.com/5031524.html

I love this!! It's also very Elvis of Ville:hor::gaycat:

Thank You for posting, I have never read this.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Sister

lol We got number 4 top rated annoying fanbase here: We are in good company though.

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/Daemon_Blackfyre/top_10_most_annoying_band_fanbases/

Here is the HIM page on the website

http://rateyourmusic.com/artist/him

HIM is included in many lists on this site.

How a member describes the band:

"'Metal for Beginners' does sound a bit harsh, but it covers the content of this band well enough: a good amount of heavy guitars mixed with some passionate love lyrics result in some very radio-friendly goth-rock."

Other noted marks:

ALL-TIME TOP FIVE:
1) Buried Alive By Love (from Love Metal)
2) Join Me In Death (from Razorblade Romance)
3) Your Sweet 666 (from Razorblade Romance)
4) Right Here In My Arms (from Razorblade Romance)
5) Rip Out The Wings Of A Butterfly (from Dark Light)

RECOMMENDED ALBUM: RAZORBLADE ROMANCE

Home page website: http://rateyourmusic.com/

lego

lol most annoying:air:

The Beatles 2nd, this reminded me Ville hates them. :laughga:

"obladi oblada":yay:

FreePalestine

poison girl

Oh thank you dear @YourSweet666 :hug:

We are celebrating Easter here in two days, so I have been a little busy. 

I was just listening For you... :giveup:

It is the night of the witch tonight and the vengeance is hers for as long as she stands by Him ♡

Sister
7 minutes ago, poison girl said:

Oh thank you dear @YourSweet666 :hug:

We are celebrating Easter here in two days, so I have been a little busy. 

I was just listening For you... :giveup:

Happy Easter:hug:Enjoy!

poison girl

Thank you little Sister! :wub: Hope you don't mind me saying little, I'm singing White wedding right now. :D 

lego

SaintScream just uploaded last radio show from 29.4. 

without music

you can download it in full here

http://www.saintscream.ru/engine/download.php?id=66

Playlist:

20:53 69 Eyes - Beneath the Blue

20:47 Apocalyptica - Bittersweet

20:38 Teho MajamÀki feat. Ville Valo - Lucifer

20:32 Volbeat - The Devil's Bleeding Crown

20:24 Guns N' Roses - Don't Cry

20:20 Paradise Lost - One Second

20:11 HIM - Gone With The Sin

20:07 Kotiteollisuus - Helvetti JÀÀtyy

20:01 Ville Valo & Agents - Paratiisi

19:54 Aerosmith - Dream On

19:49 Cradle Of Filth - Byronic Man

19:40 Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love

19:36 Rammstein - Keine Lust

19:31 Bloodhound Gang - Something Diabolical

19:21 Reckless Love - Monster

19:18 Kari Tapio & Ville Valo - TÀÀllÀ PohjantÀhden Alla

19:10 Iron Maiden - Fear Of The Dark

19:06 Ville Valo & Natalia Avelon - Summer wine *

FreePalestine

lego

2:10 :wtf:

stripclub he mentioned...

really looks sad and depressing. 

But some of them slept in his place. :usrs:

FreePalestine

lego

"The Byronic Man"

"Based on the infamous poet and libertine Lord Byron, the song is written from a first hand perspective that is not only historical but also self-analytical, musing on the individual's slide into decline and relishing fully in its rich, unwholesome flavour. Ville Valo from HIM was asked to contribute vocals to this song, partly due to the need for a good clean male vocal, but mainly to have Byron portrayed by someone who may be the modern day equivalent."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thornography

That compliment. :usrs:

"Ville sang with Cradle as the aristocratic vampire Lord Byron in the song The Byronic Man on the album Thornografhy; we did a version of the song Black Sabbath, in which I acted as the narrator on the sound background created by Ville; we both are good friends Bam Margera of Jackass; producer of the album, Razorblade Romance, John Fraer was also the producer of the album Midian; but the most important thing - it is our common interest - Edgar Allan Poe, **** collection, Iron Maiden and the dark romantic gotitsizm - a killer combination of the previous three items)."

https://m.vk.com/photo-83795317_409607859

**** collection 😂

he sings backing vocals in chorus too right? besides 3:43 - 4:25

"-Let’s now get back to the new album. How did you get Ville Valo (H.I.M.) involved in the recording of the song “The Byronic Man”? 

-He’d expressed the desire to work with the band for a while. I think he’s been a fan of the band for a while, and I’ve been a fan of H.I.M., so I guess it was just inevitable that at one point or another something like that would happen. That part of the song wasn’t written for Ville, the part was just written, and the expectations I had for it by far exceeded my abilities, it was beyond my range. I’m a heavy singer, and I can sing straight, but I will sound like a little girl, because my voice isn’t built for that role. The first thing I thought was, “Ah, this is a perfect part for Ville! It’s about Lord Byron, and Ville Valo is like a Lord Byron today. He even looks like one, so he’d be the perfect choice, and as he’s expressed the desire to work with the band, so let’s ask him!” We did ask him, he agreed, and there you go!

-What is your own opinion of Byron, his works and lifestyle? 

- I mean, my opinion – I love him to death! I love him as I do most of historic literary figures, and I think he’s among the most interesting ones. He kind of reminds me a bit of myself, a little self-destructive. Obviously, I’m not even anywhere near his talent, but his background and the things he did – I can relate to it. 

- And apart from Ville, who else would you call a Byronic man of the present time?

(sighs) Actually I would go for Johnny Depp. I think Johnny Depp is a perfect example as well. In his own way, in the way that he does things for himself. He doesn’t jump on blockbusters and stuff like that, he’s done some really interesting movies, and he didn’t get any money for them. He just does what he likes to do, and everything he does is great. I’d call him a bit of Lord Byron as well.

- It has become a tradition that you have interesting guests on your albums. But if Ville Valo invites you to take part in the recording of his album, what will you say?

- Well, of course, if he loves it, he can always get my screaming voice. But I doubt that it will be the case. They haven’t had any guests for now apart from pop female vocalists. I don’t have anything against guest appearances, but they have to be reasonable..."

http://www.darkside.ru/interviews/interview.phtml?id=322&dlang=en

FreePalestine

Archived