band

HIM Memoriam 1991-2017 / Ville Valo

lego

Fav HIM albums  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite HIM album?

• Greatest Love Songs Vol. 666 (1997)
    • Razorblade Romance (1999)
    • Deep Shadows and Brilliant Highlights (2001)
    • Love Metal (2003)
    • Dark Light (2005)
    • Venus Doom (2007)
    • Screamworks: Love in Theory and Practice (2010)
    • Tears On Tape (2013)

Featured Posts

poison girl

Do you girls listen to other finnish bands besides HIM?

I love Nightwish, watched them twice live. They are really big now, selling out big arenas across Europe. 

It is the night of the witch tonight and the vengeance is hers for as long as she stands by Him ♡

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
poison girl

Ville said in an interview that Nightwish sound like a bad Iron Maiden. Seems he doesn't like them. :/ I know that they refused to take part in Helldone couple of years ago.

It is the night of the witch tonight and the vengeance is hers for as long as she stands by Him ♡

1 hour ago, poison girl said:

Ville said in an interview that Nightwish sound like a bad Iron Maiden. Seems he doesn't like them. :/ I know that they refused to take part in Helldone couple of years ago.

haha for real? Maybe there is some "bad blood" between them from before.

He usually says there is no competition amongst Finnish bands (because HIM is the best lol :D), everyone is doing their own thing so even he (for example) didn't like some of the Rasmus music, they're still good friends. Same with Apocalyptica and others.

FreePalestine

@poison girl I like HIM best and a bit of all others. I like Hanoi Rocks, Charon and 69 Eyes best, besides. Just stuff that I would actually buy and support. I think there is another one that I have liked a lot that I can't seem to find, that comes up on listening to finnish radio, HIM related.

@VampireHeart I love this band and that SaintScream channel. I watch it all the time now.:air:

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

poison girl
10 hours ago, VampireHeart said:

haha for real? Maybe there is some "bad blood" between them from before.

Here is one of the interviews where he mentiones them. This is from 2005.

kerrangilmondosecondoville.jpg

And he allegedly had a crush on Tarja. Who knows what happened.

Tjarnalundi
16 hours ago, poison girl said:

Do you girls listen to other finnish bands besides HIM?

I love Nightwish, watched them twice live. They are really big now, selling out big arenas across Europe. 

I like HIM.... But gotta admit that At the hollow, who played during Helldone 15 was pretty good too :-) 69 eyes somewhat....

poison girl
2 hours ago, VampireHeart said:

@poison girl lmao he was so mean. :toofunny: 

I think he's changed a lot.

Yes he was. :D Agree that he's changed.

Sucking edition. :toofunny:

tumblr_o1y4ceHP2z1uz7v51o1_540.jpg

tumblr_o1y4ceHP2z1uz7v51o2_540.jpg

tumblr_o1y4ceHP2z1uz7v51o3_540.jpg

large-msg-122280372196.jpgville-valo-licking-microphone-holding--l

poison girl

Just remembered this movie, I love it so much and Brandon is sooo beautiful in it, reminds me a bit of Ville. :wub:

tumblr_nvo3jceC0F1s2xlveo6_r1_400.giftumblr_nvo3jceC0F1s2xlveo3_400.gif

original.jpg

@poison girl I agree, especially with that curly hair Brandon looked a lot like Ville in some scenes. Ville should've been playing Lestat in Queen of the Damned or some similar role to Brandon Lee's in the Crow, when he was younger. 

FreePalestine

Happy Birthday Screamworks: Love in Theory and Practice!:sara:

HIMALBUMCOVER.jpg

from wiki

Screamworks: Love in Theory and Practice, Chapters 1–13 is the seventh studio album by Finnish band HIM, released on 8 February 2010 in the United Kingdom and France.[10] It was later released in the United States on February 9, Japan on 10 February and Germany on 12 February.[10][11] The album's title is an allusion to Magick in Theory and Practice, a book by British occultist Aleister Crowley.[12][13][14]

The first single "Heartkiller" was released on 8 December 2009. The song was posted on the band's MySpace and made available for streaming on 4 December. On 22 December the official website announced a "Heartagram Edition" containing the album, a bonus disc titled "Baudelaire in Braille" containing all the album's songs in acoustic format, and a limited run of screen prints titled "Saint Scream". The second disc "Baudelaire in Braille" is also available in the 2-disc deluxe edition. Live versions of "Heartkiller", "Scared to Death", and "Love, the Hardest Way" played live at the Helldone festival were recorded and released as bonus tracks on the iTunes version of the album.[15][16]

The second single, "Scared to Death", was released on 29 March 2010.[17][18] The music video for the song was posted on MySpace by the band on 18 March.[19]

The album peaked at number 2 on both the Top Rock Albums and Top Modern Rock/Alternative Albums charts, and went on to reach number 1 on the Top Hard Rock Albums chart, making the album HIM’s highest chart success in the US. The album spent four weeks at number 25 on the Billboard 200.

some reviews

http://www.rockeyez.com/reviews/cd/him/rev-2010-02-bmr-him-screamworks-love-in-theory-and-practice.html

http://www.antimusic.com/reviews/10/HIM_-_Screamworks.shtml

What is your favorite song from this album?

FreePalestine

poison girl

Happy! :sara:

The Foreboding Sense of Impending Happines is my favourite.

SW is however my least favourite HIM album, but I love it anyway. :wub:

Archived