band

HIM Memoriam 1991-2017 / Ville Valo

lego

Fav HIM albums  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite HIM album?

• Greatest Love Songs Vol. 666 (1997)
    • Razorblade Romance (1999)
    • Deep Shadows and Brilliant Highlights (2001)
    • Love Metal (2003)
    • Dark Light (2005)
    • Venus Doom (2007)
    • Screamworks: Love in Theory and Practice (2010)
    • Tears On Tape (2013)

Featured Posts

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cocaine Heart
30 minutes ago, Sister said:

:nails::classy: Must do this Ville~

:rockstar::rockstar:

@Cocaine Heart :wub:

Omg yes :giveup: It would be so Epic :giveup:
I almost screamed when Lego showed me this earlier :giveup:

We going to boo

Sister
2 hours ago, Cocaine Heart said:

Omg yes :giveup: It would be so Epic :giveup:
I almost screamed when Lego showed me this earlier :giveup:

It would be Epic and a great move for Ville to keep in the current scene. I hope this happens, maybe he even mentioned it so easily because IT'S ACTUALLY IN THE WORKS.... lol :excited2::excited2::excited2::awesome::icega::bye::ladyhaha:

:rockstar::rockstar:

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Nirvana

Our Queen @lego linked me this radio interview and asked me to translate it. Here Leo Stillman, frontman of Face of God, and now doing solo music, mentioned Ville and Andy McCoy in the interview. Here are the parts where he talked about Ville:

Leo Stillman: When I broke up with my girlfried I released a song "I was supposed to be yours" (mun piti olla sun), Ville Valo commented that for second single you should release "I was not supposed to be yours at all" (In the vein of horror movies I know what you did last summer)
There was also a huge misunderstanding when he broke up, it was that Ville Valo stole his girlfriend (tabloid Seiska was writing about it) and Andy McCoy was calling him "has Ville took your girlfriend?!" Of course it didn't hold true, but it was somehow everywhere then.

He also mentioned a funny story about Andy: he wanted to go to play in his band for a while, he had visions and when he came to the training he had a huge suitcase full of clothing pieces. He was smoking all of the time, with his cigarette butts all around and all of a sudden the suitcase was on fire! They were also drinking together and Andy was sitting accidently on a cigarette butt and started screaming!
But yeah, the story about Ville stealing his girlfriend did not hold true, and to this day Leo doesn't know where the rumors started.

http://www.radiosuomipop.fi/#!/post/591443023075aa04002773fa

Sister

^ Thank You @PennyroyalTea and @lego it's always interesting to hear from his set of friends and it's been awhile since we have heard a peep. I think fans thought that Christel, Ville's current flame, was dating Leo before she ran across Ville, since there were pictures of Leo and Christel together on Instagram, amongst other friends. What would it matter anyway though?!! lol :giggle::nails::ladyhaha:

Also, said new picture of Ville in May 2017

Forever healthy and handsome~

poison girl

Wow @lego has been banned? That sucks so bad. :( Luckily (in this case) time flies, so she'll be right here in our arms soon.:hug:

Anyway... In the last couple of months I've contemplating where in the hell I will see HIM for the first and the last time, unfortunately. I was so close to going to Helsinki for Tuska festival in July.. My friend Ville, offered me to stay at his place, which is a big deal, but it is so fuc*ing hard to organize a trip from Belgrade to Helsinki, financial wise, that I had to give up eventually. And I am planning to see Ghost in September in Sweden, so this thing really had to drop. So I am left with possibility of either Prague or Helldone. So @PennyroyalTea I am with ya there, hoping they will announce it.

I can't wait to see what future holds for our dear Ville. I am just hoping he won't disappear. He has to continue making music.

It is the night of the witch tonight and the vengeance is hers for as long as she stands by Him ♡

Nirvana
55 minutes ago, poison girl said:

Wow @lego has been banned. That sucks so bad. :( Luckily (in this case) time flies, so she'll be right here in our arms soon.

Anyway... In the last couple of months I've contemplating where in the hell I will see HIM for the first and the last time, unfortunately. I was so close to going to Helsinki for Tuska festival in July.. My friend Ville, offered me to stay at his place, which is a big deal, but it is so fuc*ing hard to organize a trip from Belgrade to Helsinki, financial wise, that I had to give up eventually. And I am planning to see Ghost in September in Sweden, so this thing really had to drop. So I am left with possibility of either Prague or Helldone. So @PennyroyalTea I am with ya there, hoping they will announce it.

I can't wait to see what future holds for our dear Ville. I am just hopping he won't disappear. He has to continue making music.

Yes, it's so sad and unfair that @lego was banned :( This place is not the same anymore...

It's such a pain to organize these things, all the costs are so big... I'm counting on Helldone too, I really hope we can make it to the tour and that there will be more dates!

I agree it would be such a huge waste if he doesn't continue making music, he's voice is one of the best one's I've ever heard :heart:

Nirvana

Decided to share this article here, in short there's going to be a project between Helsinki Art Museum (HAM), Tuska festival and Tiketti Galleria. There will be already known photoshoots but also new work on display at the museum:

"Ville Juurikkala, Finland's most famous rock photographer documents the legendary band HIM as they prepare for their farewell tour in his project titled "HIM: Right Here In My Eyes". In addition to this project, Tuska festival celebrates its twentieth anniversary with another exhibition by Juurikkala in the Tiketti Galleria — a wider selection of Juurikkala's photos portray the artists of this special year's festival, including AMORPHIS, APOCALYPTICA, HIM and SONATA ARCTICA. 

Juurikkala explains the exhibition's core idea: "The exhibition at HAM corner is a compilation of unforeseen photos — and this time I really mean photos not seen before. Even I haven't seen them yet, as the events I will be documenting take place in the near future. I'm starting the photoshoot with the band this week and the last frames will be shot during Tuska.

"I started photographing HIM over a decade ago. I have since then worked with many international artists, including the likes of Slash of GUNS N' ROSES and Steven Tyler of AEROSMITH, but even those with much bigger sales are, in my opinion, nowhere near as charismatic as HIM. It is because of this unique charisma I feel the best of my old photos are those featuring Ville Valo and HIM. This view is backed up by all the feedback I've received from the people who've seen my work at exhibitions and elsewhere. Even so, we decided with Ville that we won't build up this exhibition on the old stuff. What really matters is the here and now."

Added Ville Valo: "Ville Juurikkala is the best photographic hospice nurse for us: he's good, gentle and crude."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/him-photo-exhibition-at-helsinki-art-museum-and-tiketti-galleria-as-part-of-tuskas-20th-anniversary/#RJbJO1Q5gubbqyTr.99

Sister

photographic hospice nurse :giggle::hor::v:

Nirvana
4 minutes ago, Sister said:

photographic hospice nurse :giggle::hor::v:

Yeah, I had to read that a couple of times if I read that right but I did, lol :ladyhaha:

But they have chemistry, and it will be nice to have new photographs and apparantly some old ones too! :wub: Can't believe July and Tuska festival is so soon...

Swan Heart

"All is lost in this war

And all we can do is wail and weep the saddest song

Sleepwalking past hope"

:heart:

I'm going to miss this.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

• 3 weeks later...
Sister

Ville Valo has been out at

TAVASTIA-klubi

oneeyepete

:flutter::sara:

Sister

And here are some new pics from our very own :

@lego

04.06.2016 Semifinal @tavastiaklubi
#villevalo
Credits @fotostori

Tiketti Galleria

Had some time today to visit @villejuurikkala 's exhibition in @tikettigalleria #righthereinmyeyes 😍 it's so amazing 🤘
#kannattaatsekata
#ihanaa
#villevalo
#him #apocalyptica
#finnish #art #photography
#printoncanvas
#metal #bands

So Nice / So Gorgeous, Wonderful! :applause:

HIM
Helsinki Art Museum
HAM

HIM: RIGHT HERE IN MY EYES by Ville Juurikkala
Coming soon at Helsinki Art Museum HAM (15.6.-3.7.2017)

https://www.hamhelsinki.fi/en/exhibition/right-eyes-ville-juurikkala/

HIM: Right Here In My Eyes by Ville Juurikkala

Tuska Festival, Tiketti Galleria and HAM present a unique project at HAM corner by the most famous Finnish rock photographer, Ville Juurikkala. Juurikkala documents the legendary band HIM as they prepare for their farewell tour.

“Ville Juurikkala is the best photographic hospice nurse for us: he’s good, gentle and crude”, Ville Valo describes.

There is something truly unique coming up at HAM corner: “The exhibition is a compilation of unforeseen photos – and this time I really mean photos not seen before. Even I haven’t seen them yet, as the events I will be documenting take place in the near future. I’m starting the photoshoot with the band this week and the last frames will be shot during Tuska”, Ville Juurikkala explains the exhibition’s core idea.

”I started photographing HIM over a decade ago. I have since then worked with many international artists, including the likes of Slash of Guns N’ Roses and Steven Tyler of Aerosmith, but even those with much bigger sales are in my opinion nowhere near as charismatic as HIM. It is because of this unique charisma I feel the best of my old photos are those featuring Ville Valo and HIM. This view is backed up by all the feedback I’ve received from the people who’ve seen my work at exhibitions and elsewhere. Even so, we decided with Ville that we won’t build up this exhibition on the old stuff. What really matters is the here and now,” Juurikkala sums up.

The exhibition’s creative direction is by Ville Juurikkala and Ville Valo, and design and curation by Caroline Taucher. The exhibition is produced in co-operation with Canon.

HAM corner 15.6.–3.7.2017
Mon–Sun 11–19
Closed on Midsummer Eve 23 June and Midsummer Day 24 June.

Sister

The tour officially kicks off today :wub::excited2::excited2::icega::rockstar:

The Boys Are Back In Town :tea:

HIM NORWAY are streaming the first show on their facebook page in about an hour, here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/HIMNorway/

so exciting :giveup::hor:

Sister

I got my HIM tickets today, to see my very first and last show !!!!!!!!  :gaycat::flutter:

:excited2::excited2::excited2::excited2::tea:

gilda-20.gif?w=593

I just can't wait~

Archived