💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

What did you learn from ARTPOP era ?

Blue Jeans

Featured Posts

djBuffoon

What I've learned about Gaga, from this era in addition to the previous one, is how deeply invested she is in her work. Every time I listen to her first two albums, as impressive as it is, I'm proud of how valiantly she has avoided repeating herself, instead pursuing bigger and bolder soundscapes, more esoteric melodies, and more unusual ways of getting her music and messages across. Even at her most laid-back, Gaga's musical and visual language is unlike anyone else's. And she's not spoon-feeding us anymore, she's trusting us to find ourselves in her work. I appreciate that.

About myself, I have learned how powerful a force I can be on-stage. Since the ARTPOP era began, the course of my theatre work, my vocal abilities, and my acting has changed immensely. I feel newly empowered to take on projects that intimidate me.

BJ, I am not a professional actor per se, but I have studied it for many years and performed all over the world. Feel free to ask me questions, if you want.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jonna Lee

keep my promises or ill have an army of rabid gays monitoring my every move and making my life hell

i like it when u treat me mean it turns my mood from black to blue

patience

keep my promises or ill have an army of rabid gays monitoring my every move and making my life hell

and if you delay ooooonce moar, you'll meet an army of rabid gays

Computer

I love your sig.

That ART doesn't necessarily need to be art but it can be anything, whatever is your talent that's what is ART.

I learned that I can be wrong about singles choices.

I was distraught at first thinking Applause was a bad, bad, bad, unrelatable single choice (even though the instrumental slayed and was addictive). But it was a strong top ten hit with great longevity and the public was far less turned off from it than I gave them credit for. It fits Gaga's brand well and I think it will be remembered.

I thought Do What U Want was going to be invincible but I forgot the public was worried about R. Kelly's past. :sweat:

Trust the artist.

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

XoXoJoanneGaga

That it's not such a big deal when one of your favorite artists releases a dissapointing album/era. It happens to almost everyone at some point.

JusticeforVenus

''I dont need to be on top to now Im worthit Im strong enough to now the truth''

''Music no the bling''

''To crash the critics saying it is right or it is wrong''

''A hybrid can withstand these things''

'' Lets blast off to a new dimension''

'

Computer

''I dont need to be on top to now Im worthit Im strong enough to now the truth''

This is probably the lyric from ARTPOP that I repeat in my mind the most.

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

Dean Winchester

I learned that critical acclaim and commercial success shouldn't be used to measure how good or bad an album is.  And that ART represents a specific moment in time, in this case a phase in gaga's life, and it reflects how the artist - gaga- feels, thinks about and hopes for.  ARTPOP to me is literally us seeing gaga's mind for the first time.  In a sense, it's like we are performing a lobotomy on gagz, and peaking into her head to see what's going on.  And that's what i learned true art is about, it is about the artist and their feelings, thoughts, desires not about creating for sales and acclaim.  To make art, you have to have the right intentions.  

I was having serious doubts about my carreer path and what i wanted to do in the future, i was depressed, I was in a really bad place.. and I wasn't happy

... omg me too! :deadbanana: Gaga/ARTPOP came at such a dark moment in my life and she/it helped me so much, especially by seeing how down she was too (I remember an interview in early January that really touched me). This whole experience makes this era feel so special to me. :emo:

I'm in a much better place now. :nick:

- To only expect Gaga-related releases when they're in your hands  :teehee:

- To stick by your art, no matter what people say

- To do the best you can with what you've got

Gagaloo911

That Gaga fans are the worst and she can't do anything without being dragged and criticized by them. 

What I've learned about Gaga, from this era in addition to the previous one, is how deeply invested she is in her work. Every time I listen to her first two albums, as impressive as it is, I'm proud of how valiantly she has avoided repeating herself, instead pursuing bigger and bolder soundscapes, more esoteric melodies, and more unusual ways of getting her music and messages across. Even at her most laid-back, Gaga's musical and visual language is unlike anyone else's. And she's not spoon-feeding us anymore, she's trusting us to find ourselves in her work. I appreciate that.

About myself, I have learned how powerful a force I can be on-stage. Since the ARTPOP era began, the course of my theatre work, my vocal abilities, and my acting has changed immensely. I feel newly empowered to take on projects that intimidate me.

BJ, I am not a professional actor per se, but I have studied it for many years and performed all over the world. Feel free to ask me questions, if you want.

I love your first paragraph ... so true.

Do you ever perform in upstate NY?  I would love to go.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Archived