Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

What did you learn from ARTPOP era ?

Blue Jeans

Featured Posts

Great post.

ARTPOP taught me something very similar as Spyro. I always get a bit caught up with Gaga and the general public. But tbh, the artistry of Gaga, in my opinion, surpasses any other pop artist out there. I need to be happy with that, and so do we all. So what if commercially she isn't #1 every year... i learnt not to give a f**k. 

When she's long gone, they will remember her. Can't be said for a lot of the artists out there today.

It also taught me to PARTY!!1 This album gave me so much energy. I still listen to it nearly every day and sing my heart out. That's all i need from my music.

I've learned not to make the charts influence my opinion on music more.  It took a while, but I'm getting there.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ARTPOP taught me things I forgot about myself.

I was getting hung up with commercial success during the era and then highschool-me comes out and reminds me that I've never been into commercially successful artists. Why should I care about the commercial success for any song, album, or artist? I used to just care if the music made me smile.

It did. She did. Artrave did. Me friends that I attended the artRave with did.

Worrying about something I never should have cared about made me frown.

So I turned myself back on the same road I started on years ago and have been smiling since.

Although I did shed a tear worth the ending of an era. It was a good one for me overall.

Tropico

I've learnt about art. I've never really been a big fan of the classic arts but now I've opened my eyes up to the art world and I love art. Through Gaga channeling art, I've grown a connection to art and futher explored my own forms of art. I like to look at the art she is channeling and think about what it meant and how Gaga has given it a modern + Gaga twist. Art really is so interesting and I thank Gaga for sparking my interest. :sara:

Also, through this era, I learnt about how happy art makes people. I wanted that feeling. And I found it again. My art is the art of writing and writing like ARTPOP is to Gaga, a cure for my soul. :flutter:

This is why the album ARTPOP and it's era hold a dear place in my heart. :heart:

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

giskardsb

That Gaga is one of the few modern pop stars wiling to open and share herself and her struggles through her lyrics. The Art In ARTPOP is Gagas deeply personal lyrics. ARTPOP reiterates for me that Gaga is a true artists and not just another pop clone with little involvement in their work.

EdgeofTeeth

I learned to stop judging music by the charts and popularity and that some people will just continue to needlessly bash things if they've already formed an opinion before experiencing them (*cough* literally almost every critic's attitude toward Gaga this era *cough*).

At my artRAVE, between Venus and MANiCURE, she gave us a speech about art. This is the version from the last show: "Tonight we come together in the spirit of ARTPOP and ****ing creative freedom! How many people qui est une artiste? You do not need a contract to be an artist, you do not need a manager to be an artist, you do not need an agency or money to be an artist, all you need is a ****ing canvas and a paintbrush!"

It inspired me. That next week I started posting poetry online under a pseudonym just as a creative outlet. It's fun and relaxing and there's no pressure because I've anonymised myself. I worry so much because I love to write but I'm pursuing a professional degree that doesn't leave much time for that, and she made me realise I don't need to dedicate myself to my art full time to be an artist and I can still be creative and pursue other things. It's hard to explain how big a breakthrough this was for me but it really was.

My artRAVE just felt like the natural climax of the ARTPOP era for me as a fan. It was the five year anniversary of Bad Romance's premiere, which was the song that made me stan for Gaga, and it allowed me to hear live and connect with an album that I relate to very deeply. Since the album was released I struggled with being attracted to people I shouldn't, finding I could be predisposed to addiction, moving around a lot and never settling in anywhere, and much more; and ARTPOP was there for all of that.

ThisGuyTony

I didn't learn about this from ARTPOP but I do like it. :laughga:

"Music not the bling"

Do what you like regardless of the money you make from it.

Archived