💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Was "pre-BTW Gaga" a product that we all fell in love with?

Neptune

Featured Posts

llbcherry

Mess. :smh: I see what you're saying, but lets give her one more era and see how you feel then. If you're still disappointed and longing for the past, then you can just give up on your standom.

I appreciate the honesty here, but its so :awkney: andit makes me feel bad reading it. I am giving her the benefit of the doubt for a bit longer.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
djBuffoon

I agree with you , and I actually prefer her work during and after BTW. It looks and sounds like she created it with her own two hands, and I appreciate that more. Not as polished, but infinitely more textured and exciting.

this. polished and perfect to me means contrived, low on substance, less soulful. i dont stan for other pop girls either, mainly for that particular reason, they water down gaga's level of work and it ends up being very polished and unnatural and contrived for them.

you guys are going off of the assumption that her earlier work was her best in quality tho, which is highly highly arguable, especially if were focusing on just the music.

Correct.

Agreed. At least she had a good team surrounding her then. It helped everything to be more cohesive and organized, and have some structure. Idk, she was a true pop star then. Her looks were also ON POINT and actually iconic. ARTPOP had absolutely no structure and a very muddled message. And her wigs recently look like Party City wigs. It's just confusing, like she can definitely afford better-looking wigs. It's just everything really is so messy all the time. Smh.

TheLucifer92

Gaga doesn't like to be controlled, but her 'controlled' times brought the best material :/

this makes me sad

MonsterMum

No not at all. I fell in love with Gaga when ARTPOP was already out. She has grown up and matured. I like her better now that she's just open and candid.

FameHookah

I love that we agree on so many things! I miss FameGa so much though :cry:

Yeah she was so polished

Lemme add u as a friend :sis:

WTF is MDNA

Darcklighter22

Gaga doesn't like to be controlled, but her 'controlled' times brought the best material :/

This! and look how it is now when she has more control...things are more sloppy! it's about finding a good balance between the two. the "Haus" use to have allot more professionals in whatever element they brought now it's just her friends mainly not that it's bad but it's visible...that's all il say. 

There was though time dedicated into her performances the visuals...etc.. Now she does "minimal art performances" and expects the reaction we had for her shock art several years back...like really?! she looks like a bad spoof of herself.

How I feel but some eras aren't always going to be golden  :coffee:

I'd take the "controlled" comments made by her with a pinch of salt because ARTPOP to me comes across more as a product of being controlled than any of her previous albums when you think of subjects, material and sound.

Since when did Gaga just want to make a "fun, party album"? Mmmmm

Speechless18

I just happen to enjoy seeing her transform and become more and more herself whatever that may be.  

Agree.  Honestly, when we talk about BTW vs TFM or ARTPOP vs TFM, I think what we're really talking about is the difference between each album and the album before it.  I think a more accurate statement than "TFM > ARTPOP" is "the difference between TF & TFM" > "the difference between BTW & ARTPOP".  We're all looking to have our minds blown by that elevation in quality again.  

I think what throws some of us off, and what invokes the nostalgia for pre-BTW is that she was SO good SO early.  TFM came right after TF and it was easy to be blown away by the difference between the two.  I still think she's been evolving and (in my opinion) improving with each album, however we have yet to see as huge as a step as we saw from TF to TFM.

Was TF to TFM an iconic step in her career, yes.  But, does that make TFM her best work... to me, not at all.  

What I'm enjoying most of all is how each album is a little more personal.  Anything that brings me closer to the mind of the beautiful mess of a genius that is Gaga is fine by me lol.  

aaronyoji

You pretty much are. The amount of young ones that are in the fan base now.

Not to knock younger people, but I can definitely notice how I have matured even from my college age self lol.

like, its just so weird, their train of thought. im literally reading " if i started liking something to begin with, then that means there was a certain quality that got me to like it then that isnt there now, which means her work is some how subpar and there for her evolution as an artist is backwards" but really its that train of that that's backwards. its just odd. 

You're complaining that her new stuff isnt as good as her old. But i mean it's your prerogative to stay perched for an artist you claim isnt producing good stuff as before. i didnt say you cant complain, so i dont know why youre trying to deny it :smh:

You clearly got the thread wrong, so there's no point in continuing this discussion.

Computer

I appreciate this thread. Besides being well written and thoughtful, the OP gets at a question I think about a lot.

I have to say, looking back and comparing the two videos, even the ARTPOP film seems like more of a polished product than what we are getting now.  I think even at the beginning of the ARTPOP era things were more controlled.  At swinefest, she looked great (that wig during MANiCURE and Aura.  All the choreography for each song).  But as soon as she got rid of Troy everything was up in the air.  I firmly believe that so much of this is change in the Gaga product is due to management issues.  I'm not blaming Troy, I'm blaming the entire situation and the timing of the change.  The fact that a major popstar fired her manager on the eve of an album release means that she wasn't happy before that, perhaps not getting the help she needed, and it means that everything would become a mess immediately after that.  For all we know, Gaga wanted to continue being a perfectly polished product, but she simply didn't have the support.  And maybe she'll go back to being a polished product.  She has indicated that she feels the way she felt at the end of the Marry The Night video, and that she's getting that old feeling of being a fighter back.  She has repeatedly reassured us that she's still going to make pop music.  And she has indicated that she needs time and support in order to be creative and make her best work.  So after ARTPOP we could be looking at a return to form.

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

fede ARTPOP

she may be a "product" but she is in charge of the 100% about the 100%...he rmanager said that once 

🖤 C H R O M A T I C A 🖤

Archived