💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Was "pre-BTW Gaga" a product that we all fell in love with?

Neptune

Featured Posts

I found myself re-watching The Monster Ball videos and I can't help myself to think that everything looked a lot more polished, diversified, simple yet complex that resulted in a better "product", making it easily iconic. And I know, we've thought/talked about this many times here. But it's almost inevitable to comment on it every time I think about it.

I was watching the "Paws up" interlude and I asked myself: "Who chose this song? Gaga or someone else? Would Gaga ever choose someone else's song to put on her tour ever again?". And then I remembered how she commented that she was being controlled a lot during these times, and that she wasn't happy enough with the way her music sounded, blabla.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h66WLjpfMkw

And then I watched the ARTPOP film. It always bothered me how fanmade the sound editing was. They clearly wanted to put her "hee hee" parts on the studio version for that video, and they ended up making a mess out of the beat, etc. And I know there must be a lot of passion behind that movie, but how iconic would it be if it was professionally directed and edited, and maybe with another version of that song or even someone else's song? Of course it would never be promotional video for the album, but even as an interlude, it would be ****ing epic. So why wasn't it properly used?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-4_oXMBcg4

So, was everything a carefully constructed product? Something that we still dream of today and that she's no long interested in doing ever again because she's more focused on creating her """mess""" instead of filtering it and making it profitable, more polished and more iconic?

I don't know. In the beginning everything sounded like "a little bit of this, and a little bit of that, and of that, and of that", glued together with magic glue, making it repetitive and it sounded perfect - making it seem like a product created by a huge team of new/fresh artists (at least in the eyes of what we know today). And since BTW, things started to look like they are totally out of Gaga's mind. And I don't mind that, even if the work itself is less rich and diversified. But the "perfect" feeling that the original works transmitted is not there anymore, and I can't help to think that it's because it's not meant to be a product anymore. And I loved how much of a product it was, tbh. What I just wrote was probably a mess, but oh well.

POST-ARTRAVE EDIT: The artRAVE looks fantastic, and a lot more professional than anything released during the ARTPOP Era. The interludes are amazing, the stage is fantastic... Everything was perfect.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VforVendetta

Music is a kind of product. Of course Gaga was a product and she still is. As her career moved forward she took much more control of her career. The difference with Gaga is that she was a oroduct she made herself..

And I don't agree with ;;amateur sound'' comments and I do think that Gaga designed her Tour. She was already big enough during TFM to have the freedom and choose her own interludes and everything. ALso Gaga still hd a team during BTW and ARTPOP andf she still had a label as well. Th sounds of TFM sound very Gaga/RedOne to me and Venus (which is at the same directgion) proves it as well.

Jewels n Drugs

You made some good points

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

Gaga doesn't like to be controlled, but her 'controlled' times brought the best material :/

You don't deserve a point of view if the only thing you see is you.

Gaga doesn't like to be controlled, but her 'controlled' times brought the best material :/

That's what I've been trying to understand, tbh...

Brooke Candy

This

buy 'Paper or Plastic' by Brooke candy on iTunes NOW!!

yourfaves

Gaga will always be a product as long as she is putting on huge productions.  No one person can do that alone.

I don't like this idea but when she started speaking about how she was controlled by others I caught myself thinking if we even know her as well as we think. How much does she even cherish her earlier records, especially now when she has suddenly refound her interest in jazz music. I love her no matter what but it's a disturbing thought. 

Gaga will always be a product as long as she is putting on huge productions.  No one person can do that alone.

But when she started to claim that she had more control over her work, that product started to look less polished...

i think everything now is still a product, it was just executed better before. she still uses other people's music, she sings on top of trendy edm instrumentals. she's an artist and a musician, is that really her true vision or would she prefer to do her own instrumentals from scratch with piano like she did in the olden days?

SychosSoChic

i think everything now is still a product, it was just executed better before. she still uses other people's music, she sings on top of trendy edm instrumentals. she's an artist and a musician, is that really her true vision or would she prefer to do her own instrumentals from scratch with piano like she did in the olden days?

This.

But when she started to claim that she had more control over her work, that product started to look less polished...

And this.

And some of this.

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

BillieGOAT

This. She seems to think that she can do it all on her own, but she has so much on her plate that the products are being effected. I really do appreciate how passionate she is about being hugely involved in every aspect of her career but when she doesn't have a huge team and a manager.. ARTPOP happens. Some of her best songs, but her worst commercial performance. She just has to loosen her grip a little.

For me she was the only product I enjoyed if you want to put it that way.

Other pop products seem to plastic to me. I do not stan for any other pop girls.

She was a product but still had a tiny inkling of imperfection and intrigue.

I like the more free indie feeling in music ingeneral. I find myself loving her more and more as the years go on.

So I guess I am just the opposite of you.

Bring on the 'downfall' and her being in control. I like the end result.

Archived