Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why I think Gaga's Less Popular

Rolodex of Hate

Featured Posts

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rolodex of Hate

I don't want to sound rude to the op, cause everyone is entitled to their own opinion and blah blah. Now here's mine: Stars can't be on top forever. Especially like Gaga, cause when she was on top she achieved things that nobody was able to do in a lot of time. She really was the biggest star. Now with every new release we have a new queen of pop. :toofunny: First Katy is the new queen of pop, even if her era is not that much successful than Gaga's, then Beyonce releases her album with big numbers and she's the queen, then Nicki breaks some internet record and she's queen, but wait it's Taylor Swift now, cause she'll have huge first week sales(and whatever happened to Miley ever since twerking?)... This just goes to show how huge Gaga was when back then, cause ever since Gaga's peak nobody has been able to achieve what she did. What she "needs" is one big hit. That's it. It's not about the costumes, the blood, her penis or whatever... :toofunny: The second she releases a huge single all the bandwagoners and media  will jump on her **** again. It's not that hard, so don't write Gaga off so quickly, just cause she's not #1. Remember that when everyone else are saying she's a flop and her career is dead and gone she's still more successful than %99.999999 of the entertainers out there.
Don't worry, I'm not offended at all and I completely take your points :hug:

I agree.

Also: Her songs aren't that catchy anymore than before...

This. Also, she used to have really recognizable hooks that would stick in people's heads - 'ppppoker face' 'gaga oolalah' 'papapaparazzi' 'eheheheheheheh stop telephoning mehehe...'
We have no legal choice but to stan

Bloody

If ARTPOP hadn't underprformed we wouldn't have this conversation!

People(especially in US) love comebacks and gaga with ARTPOP hadn't the huge comeback we had all be waiting for(for many reasons).All she needs is a number 1 hit and a huge comeback,nothing else!!!!!

MelbHawker

She set the bar at a level that's going to be impossible for her to reach again when she first brang out TF and went into TFM. She became THE Pop Icon of our Generation - Born This Way continued the success. She demanded attention during those first 3 album cycles. Her persona, her theatrics, her statements - they were all 'shocking' to the masses. With ARTPOP, nothing controversial happened that got people talking - nothing controversial that came in the form of a statement from her, that is (Minus the vomit thing, I enjoyed the discourse that eventuated after that). It was just lazy management - that, and she didn't seem to be in it like she had been during her previous eras. She basically wore that forgettable flannel thing throughout the whole of ARTPOP, even at the VMA's she wore some conventional black gown (Although I sometimes fist pump because every other Pop Girl was pulling out looks she was doing 5 years ago). 

ARTPOP was a fine Pop Album - a little less bold than her previous releases but still a solid, and very underrated Pop album. I think the way she described the album didn't really correlate to what was released (apart from the album cover) and that caused a lot of confusion for people, even fans like us. Hey, it's sold a lazy 2.3 million copies and went #1 pretty much everywhere. That's damn good. 

She's not on a decline. Artists of her calibre don't peak once and then fall/fade. They reinvent, they keep pushing, they keep creating. She's outdone herself with Cheek to Cheek and exposed a side of her artistry that I don't think the world knew existed. C2C has exposed her to a completely different crowd. 

Relax, y'all. She's not going anywhere. 

:classy: 

When you have had a huge peak, you're bound to fall.

Britney Spears

50 Cent

Usher

Lady Gaga

those are celebs that at ONE point were untouchable, huge, taked about etc.  and then 50 cent just dissapeared. Suddenly no one cared about him, whereas he had some of the most successful songs / albums of all time in the Hip Hop field.  Britney in 2003/4/5 was really low, now people don't remember etc.  because of the meltdown but before the meltdown she was as "successful" as Gaga is now.

Usher as well..

Gaga will come back <3

This! Well said

When you have had a huge peak, you're bound to fall.

Britney Spears

50 Cent

Usher

Lady Gaga

those are celebs that at ONE point were untouchable, huge, taked about etc.  and then 50 cent just dissapeared. Suddenly no one cared about him, whereas he had some of the most successful songs / albums of all time in the Hip Hop field.  Britney in 2003/4/5 was really low, now people don't remember etc.  because of the meltdown but before the meltdown she was as "successful" as Gaga is now.

Usher as well..

Gaga will come back <3

applause.gif

Well said!

I only agree with the first part, about her being mysterious and her personal life. That's true.

But, I mean, you don't want her to perform with blood and monsters and dark things all her life right? She could still be enigmatic without those.

Anyway, she will be coming back. Everyone has ups and downs :)

Do you hear that? It's poison.

I agree with the fact that ArtRave could be done by any other star. It is true, since not much really can be told about this tour, it is somehow overwhelmingly bland.

If she stuck to her formula she would be still huge now. Lady Gaga is such magical persona, that when Stefani walks out in flats, typical dress and tells she loves jazz at first place - the persona loses authenticity.

GP doesn't look for fantasy, they like real facts or at least very real looking fantasy.

djBuffoon

I don't think the GP view her as being a 'regular basic pop star'. If they did it would probably work in her favour, hello Katy Perry.

Exactly. If anything, I get the impression that a lot of people think she's gotten even more strange and inaccessible.

And I still don't grasp how one can use the music against her. So much of the GP hasn't heard most of Born This Way or ARTPOP. They have probably only heard "Applause" and "Do What U Want" and those two are pretty well-liked, so.

And from what I gather, many of her casual listeners jumped shipped during the apex of the ghoulish and confrontational looks and videos for Born This Way, but no one here really considers that....

djBuffoon

Also: Her songs aren't that catchy anymore than before...

I think that's a good thing. The whole stuttering, hooky thing started to come off as self-conscious after a while. The melodies on ARTPOP take a bit more time to sink in, and that's one of the reasons I prefer it.

Saint Laurent

It's actually the opposite, most people dislike her because they think she is personally one dimensional and kind of like a puppet. They argue that she has no personality and without the paraphernalia she would be nothing. Clearly this is untrue, but whatever.

It's actually the opposite, most people dislike her because they think she is personally one dimensional and kind of like a puppet. They argue that she has no personality and without the paraphernalia she would be nothing. Clearly this is untrue, but whatever.

Indeed, clearly untrue! 

She's so nice and sweet!

giskardsb

I think that's a good thing. The whole stuttering, hooky thing started to come off as self-conscious after a while. The melodies on ARTPOP take a bit more time to sink in, and that's one of the reasons I prefer it.

me too.  I'm not a RedOne hater (Bad Romance IS one of my top 5 favorite Gaga tunes), but his songs often feel crafted according to a  "successful pop song check list".  Making sure there are ear worm worthy hooks and big choruses are part of the formula, but after a while they start to sound forced just for the sake of making something "catchy".   

djBuffoon

me too. I'm not a RedOne hater (Bad Romance IS one of my top 5 favorite Gaga tunes), but his songs often feel crafted according to a "successful pop song check list". Making sure there are ear worm worthy hooks and big choruses are part of the formula, but after a while they start to sound forced just for the sake of making something "catchy".

Precisely.

When I heard TF and TFM, I kept saying to myself "it's catchy and all, but this is the work of a classically-trained pianist? It's four chords and über-simple melodies." Then BTW and AP came out, and I appreciated the music more because it was more expansive and she wasn't spoon-feeding anymore.

Archived