Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The ATLA/TLOK battlefield (currently closed)

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

I might have to go with Iroh on this one. He has an incredibly deep wisdom of all the elements that I think could outlast Bumi's unpredictable earthbending . Iroh is also the type of bender who can account for any situation in a creative manner - his escape from handcuffs by heating them and burning his guards comes to mind. The battle between him and Bumi would definitely be tough, and would start out quite evenly on both sides, but I vote for Iroh as the ultimate winner.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might have to go with Iroh on this one. He has an incredibly deep wisdom of all the elements that I think could outlast Bumi's unpredictable earthbending . Iroh is also the type of bender who can account for any situation in a creative manner - his escape from handcuffs by heating them and burning his guards comes to mind. The battle between him and Bumi would definitely be tough, and would start out quite evenly on both sides, but I vote for Iroh as the ultimate winner.

I agree with you on this. I'm still gonna need some more convincing. I really do want Iroh to win this one, but I've still got doubts.

Help a fella out?

I would totally pay for to see that though I'm 100% sure Bumi would love the see the fireworks

Bumi is quite the character, I must admit.

I agree with you on this. I'm still gonna need some more convincing. I really do want Iroh to win this one, but I've still got doubts.

Help a fella out?

I think the fact that Iroh invented a bending technique gives him an edge, even though he would have to be careful because of the steam in the arena. I feel like if Bumi were to surround himself with earth during the battle (in both attack and defense), Iroh would have the tactical ability to send lightning towards Bumi then, to prevent being zapped himself. 

The thing with these two is that, although they both display odd personality traits at times, Bumi is the kind of guy he is both in and out of battle, whereas we've seen Iroh dupe people many times with his quirks before getting completely down to business. Therefore, I would give the battle to Iroh, as Bumi's unpredictability would only take him so far up against Iroh's background as a general, a time during which he would have faced unpredictable situations and been required to respond tactically.

Iroh wins  :legend:

VforVendetta

Because of an unexpected event I will announce the winner tommorow, Sunday.

So you have still some time to vote.

I think the fact that Iroh invented a bending technique gives him an edge, even though he would have to be careful because of the steam in the arena. I feel like if Bumi were to surround himself with earth during the battle (in both attack and defense), Iroh would have the tactical ability to send lightning towards Bumi then, to prevent being zapped himself. 

The thing with these two is that, although they both display odd personality traits at times, Bumi is the kind of guy he is both in and out of battle, whereas we've seen Iroh dupe people many times with his quirks before getting completely down to business. Therefore, I would give the battle to Iroh, as Bumi's unpredictability would only take him so far up against Iroh's background as a general, a time during which he would have faced unpredictable situations and been required to respond tactically.

Iroh wins  :legend:

I'm getting there. Definitely. I've concluded that although Bumi's got the field advantage, Iroh makes up for it with his quick, agile movements. Also, Bumi's earth bending technique requires him to make use of his musculature, and brute strength, and although powerful, is quite slow (Toph wouldn't have such a problem, since her ears ending is of a different style). For an earth bender, Bumi's reactions are quite slow, and his reactions always seem to leave him a step behind enemies, his strength then saves him. Iroh would definitely use this as an advantage, Keep Bumi at the defense, and find an opening to end it with a string of lightning.

I'm gonna have to agree with ya, Iroh seems like the better contender here.

VforVendetta

And the winner is:

General Iroh, the Dragon of the West

Iroh_relaxing.png

with a score of:

King Bumi: 2

General Iroh: 9

the dragon of the west has underwelmed the king of omashu for good and reminded us why he was the strongest bender of the ATLA series.

4082904-6861330938-If%2BIr.gif

The battle #6 will start tommorow. Vote on the Poll and help me decide.

VforVendetta

Battle #6

The next battle is something that happens only once and I feel that the opinion swill be havily devided

On the left side of the ring is:

hvpGQB1.png

Airbender
Airbending Master
Air Nation Nomad
The Avatar (bends all 4 Elements)

Has mastered all 4 elements
Can see through Earth
Ended the 100 years War
Kind and righteous

Avoids killing

VS

korra.gif

Waterbender

Waterbending Master

Metalbender

The Avatar (bends all 4 elements)

Has mastered all 4 Elements
Probender
explosive personality

more offensive than unique using of the elements

Arena: Wulong Forest

It's were Aang fought with Firelord Ozai

WulongForest.jpg

Who will proveil? Which Avatar is superior?

Vote on the poll and give your nswer till Friday.

Korra can bend metal, but with how things are going I'm gonna go with Aang. Aang never lost because of how weak he was but because he didn't believe in violence. Korra, however, is too traumatized to evolve. And overall I have yet to see a scene where Korra gives it all that she got and leaves me impressed :shrug:

Too hard to choose......! :giveup:

Alright. Well, what Vendetta's listed is true. But I know more can be built upon them.

Remember, Aang knows how to energy bend. (Take bending away), and actually helped Korra get her bending back at one point in the series. And, although Korra's learned some new sorts of bending over the years, i don't think she's mastered them completely, as of yet.

I'm leaning more towards Aang right now.

Korra can bend metal, but with how things are going I'm gonna go with Aang. Aang never lost because of how weak he was but because he didn't believe in violence. Korra, however, is too traumatized to evolve. And overall I have yet to see a scene where Korra gives it all that she got and leaves me impressed :shrug:

This, tbh.

VforVendetta

Imo Aang is a superior Avatar and a figher to Korra in qevery sense for a simple thing. He knows how to bend the elements, Korra just throws water, earth, fire and air to her opponents. Her spirituality is a big 0, she has muschles in her brain and she fights like a brainless firebening soldier from the ATLA series. Even firebending with its' extremely offensive nature is much mor than what Korra does. Look how Aang uses airbending, waterbending and earthbening. Look how other superior benders used their bending, Azula is a firebender and she uses her bending with unique ways that overwelm her opponents. Korra is a natural waterbender and she has not a single drop of the philosophy of waterbending. This problem is a problem of the whole TLOK series but especially Korra is an extremely unimpressive bender.

Aang was never the best bender of the other 3 elements but he was a top airbender and hwas could use all 4 elements in unique ways. Korra is just giving punches, ridiculous.

Archived