💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
musician

Kylie Minogue

bionic

Featured Posts

bionic

I see the James Corden song has been released as the first single of the Xmas album. :gum: I still haven't heard it as it is only November 10.

buy bionic

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, bionic said:

I see the James Corden song has been released as the first single of the Xmas album. :gum: I still haven't heard it as it is only November 10.

it's cute but I would have rather another song as a single

who will love me when the night is over

bionic
Just now, Spock said:

it's cute but I would have rather another song as a single

#justiceforblackandwhite

buy bionic

JusKeepBreathin

Everybody has probably already seen this but I love it and it's not posted so I will do the honors. Two of my faves together, Kylie Minogue and Jake Shears of Scissor Sisters add a little Nile Rodgers and NERVO epuals a wonderfully crafted pop song. :D

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Riot Poof
On 11/12/2015, 5:18:01, just4fun said:

Everybody has probably already seen this but I love it and it's not posted so I will do the honors. Two of my faves together, Kylie Minogue and Jake Shears of Scissor Sisters add a little Nile Rodgers and NERVO epuals a wonderfully crafted pop song. :D

I can't believe it took Kylie and Jake all these years to finally appear in a song together!

Glad it finally happened, tho. It's the gay anthem I didn't know I needed.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

This review is really negative but kind of funny lmao

Few pop celebrity Christmas albums have remained winter mainstays, with Mariah Carey being the exception that proves the rule. Today, Kylie Minogue joins the ranks of those artists less fortunate, doomed to be forever relegated to “Did You Know They Had a Christmas Album” listicles that come out every year around this time.

It’s not that Minogue’s album isn’t pleasant. The arrangement on the opening track—“It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year”—are beautiful. But somewhere between her cover of “Santa Claus Is Coming to Town” (which features a zombie Frank Sinatra) (not as good as that sounds) and her strange duet with a mumbling Iggy Pop on a new rendition of The Waitresses’ melancholy classic “Christmas Wrapping,” the whole thing falls apart like the Christmas that my parents got a divorce. And by the time you get to the suicide-inducing classic “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”—not Kylie’s fault, why is this a Christmas song?—the album feels re-gifted at best.

Minogue’s cover of “Only You,” a duet with James Corden, is the only one of the three collaborations that really works on the standard version of the album. (The deluxe edition features “100 Degrees,” a duet with her sister Danii—it’s pretty “fabulous.”)

Die-hard fans of Minogue, of course, will love the whole thing. But “Santa Baby,” that old thing, is a mess here; “I’m Gonna Be Warm This Christmas,” is a song I would prefer never to hear again, even if I probably will, as Kylie’s album seems made to be streamed in malls across America and your city’s local free-standing H&M.

Kylie Christmas will doubtlessly prompt many questions of “Is that Kylie Minogue? Really?” and frowns at the fact that all the idols of our childhood are reminding us, with each successive release, that one day we’re all going to die. (Kylie herself is doing great, though: she’s already sold out her Christmas show at the Royal Albert Hall in London.)

http://themuse.jezebel.com/kylie-minogues-christmas-album-is-a-festively-bland-non-1742343155

bionic

I caved and listened to the CD last night. I feel like the album was mixed really badly- Kylie's vocals and the instrumental seemed totally seperate from one another. It was like that on every track.

I hadn't heard many of these songs before but I gather that they're mostly (all?) covers. I really like the Iggy Pop song (his contribution seems negligable?) and the 2000 Miles song.

I totally agree with that review on Santa Baby. Kylie couldn't even record new vocals for it after originally releasing it in 2000? Mess. She also recorded Let it Snow in the past (it was released on the 2010 Christmas EP, not sure if released several times before then like Santa Baby was) but I don't know if they've reused that version. I presume they have since they're practically identical lengths.

buy bionic

• 3 weeks later...
Riot Poof

It is LIT.

Riot Poof

I'd LOVE for SAW to produce Kylie's next album, honestly. If Kylie's next album is disco + SAW pop, I'd be in gay heaven.

On 2 December 2015 at 23:42:17, Riot Poof said:

I'd LOVE for SAW to produce Kylie's next album, honestly. If Kylie's next album is disco + SAW pop, I'd be in gay heaven.

This so much :giveup: I need campy gay pop from her

also #kyliechirstmasforgrammys2017

• 4 weeks later...
FrankGutz

Discuss:

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, bionic said:

Kylie and that guy are engaged

the one that everybody told me was gay? :green: 

kylie has been wearing the ring for months, and there were reports that said they got engaged when they came to ski in Switzerland during the holidays, so we knew about it. But still, so happy for her :party: 

Riot Poof
6 hours ago, bionic said:

Kylie and that guy are engaged

"that guy" :air:

Archived