Guinness World Records named Gaga as 'Most Powerful Pop Star in 2014'

X Dreams

Featured Posts

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm fairly sure this is fake.  :smh:

Let's be real,

She was featured in two movies, Released 3 singles from ARTPOP which is a #1 album, Applause received a lot of attention, the DWUW leak received a lot of attention, Dope got a lot of streaming points, she announced an album with Tony Bennett and released two singles from that album, she is on a worldwide tour, she has announced a perfume, she was featured in a worldwide campaign for Versace, she is featuring in a campaign for H&M, She had collaborations with Marina, Jeff Koons and a collaboration with Bob Wilson that made it to the Louvre. She also announced that she was going into space to perform among a range of other things.

That leads to a lot of clicks and a lot of searches. She also has a strong presence on social media and her performances rack up a lot more views than her contemporaries. 

I know G.U.Y is considered a flop, and ARTPOP is considered an underperformance but she was ACTIVE this year to a very large degree. She is still a major artist, not some indie queen. It isn't that unbelievable.

You do have a point though.  :ohwell:

People keep saying that Katy dominated this year... But how? She released two successful singles, a successful album and went on tour?

Wow...

A lot of discussion about her this year involved Gaga and everything you can say about Katy you can say about Gaga and more.

Katy wasn't featured in any movies this year, she hasn't released a fragrance or been involved with any fashion campaigns. She hasn't been hyping any other albums other than Prism and doesn't really have any other projects other than her music.

When it comes to clicks and searches i'm not surprised Gaga came on top because there is more to talk about.

Justin obviously has a rabid fanbase, i'm pretty certain he released new music but he was also massive tabloid fodder this year. His arrest, DUI and such got a lot of attention as did his relationship with Selena Gomez, the whole egg throwing incident etc. 
I'm not surprised he is at #2.

Then who then?

No idea ,but both were more famous for their scandals/flops this year than for hits or positive messages. 

degenerate

Where is Queen B though...

No lies about Gaga being no. 1 yet again :legend:

Queen B released an album on December somethin and went downhill from there.

Hoping it's real, I guess we'll see soon. Regardless of whatever happened this/last year, Gaga is still a really powerful pop cultural figure and it'll take a lot more than one "under-performing" era to truly change that. 

Let's be real,

She was featured in two movies, Released 3 singles from ARTPOP which is a #1 album, Applause received a lot of attention, the DWUW leak received a lot of attention, Dope got a lot of streaming points, she announced an album with Tony Bennett and released two singles from that album, she is on a worldwide tour, she has announced a perfume, she was featured in a worldwide campaign for Versace, she is featuring in a campaign for H&M, She had collaborations with Marina, Jeff Koons and a collaboration with Bob Wilson that made it to the Louvre. She also announced that she was going into space to perform among a range of other things.

That leads to a lot of clicks and a lot of searches. She also has a strong presence on social media and her performances rack up a lot more views than her contemporaries. 

I know G.U.Y is considered a flop, and ARTPOP is considered an underperformance but she was ACTIVE this year to a very large degree. She is still a major artist, not some indie queen. It isn't that unbelievable.

People keep saying that Katy dominated this year... But how? She released two successful singles, a successful album and went on tour?

Wow...

A lot of discussion about her this year involved Gaga and everything you can say about Katy you can say about Gaga and more.

Katy wasn't featured in any movies this year, she hasn't released a fragrance or been involved with any fashion campaigns. She hasn't been hyping any other albums other than Prism and doesn't really have any other projects other than her music.

When it comes to clicks and searches i'm not surprised Gaga came on top because there is more to talk about.

Justin obviously has a rabid fanbase, i'm pretty certain he released new music but he was also massive tabloid fodder this year. His arrest, DUI and such got a lot of attention as did his relationship with Selena Gomez, the whole egg throwing incident etc. 
I'm not surprised he is at #2.

:worship: to both of these posts. 

Archived