Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga calls out her record label for controlling her voice

XoXoJoanneGaga

Featured Posts

djBuffoon

I agree with her. I don't like the unnecessary autotune especially in some songs in ARTPOP. The autotune in Gypsy is completely unnecessary. It's like they sucked the life out of her vocals. So annoying.

There's barely any on "Gypsy". :dies:

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's including ARTPOP in this I'm sure. The album is loaded with vocal processing. It's clear that after doing Cheek to Cheek, she's going to go raw, so she considers her first 4 albums the first part of her career.

I hope you're right :rip:

SiberianBreaks

This :confused:

Why can she justify using it excessively in some songs, but then suddenly be totally against it?

Just like you said, it's sometimes used as an instrument. But here, she's talking about amost all of her songs where her voice is modified despite the fact that she doesn't want it.

South Blonde

i really like Gaga's voice being manipulated, i like Pop music

Don't you think maybe they are the same thing? Love and attention?

djBuffoon

I can hear autotune in the first verse. :coffee:

Again, hardly detectable. I can barely hear it and I work with the stuff every day. :manicure:

VersaceKing

Gaga's contract with Interscope is soon to be ended, and i think she won't renew it. She'd probably move to Capitol Records or any other company, or maybe start her own. But know, as she stated her image in the out world, and especially after c2c vocals, they will let her control everything about production....

Jesse Pinkman

It's sad because I was always under the impression that she had so.much control over her career, but this as couple of years have opened my eyes to a lot. She's not as in control as we were all.made to believe :(

It's science, bitch

NewYorkCity

I always felt that she used it like she used any other instrument. It never takes away from the song, and it's not like she uses it in live performances, so I don't really see an issue with it.

yeah sure lately has been used that way, when you hear some songs in BTW (HML) or ARTPOP (ARTPOP), in both cases it is there to be a part of the song.

But if you hear The Fame... all the songs are unnecesarely retouched.

I am glad that she standed up by herself in her latest works, she has a beautiful voice and I think she should show it even more

Pure Adrenaline

I hope that means that we wont get another Swine studio mess ...... I still wonder were those paunds of auto-tune really that necessary :koons:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

zexion_armando

Interscope made the right choice, then.

Most of the songs sound great because of the chances. The Robot Autotune voice worked very well for most of the Fame.

Her constant "****ting" on her label is getting annoying and its mostly pointless at this point.

Interscope treats you better than a bunch of other places, Gaga, get the **** over it. If you want real torture and control, go work at Island Def Jam again lol.

Archived