💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga calls out her record label for controlling her voice

XoXoJoanneGaga

Featured Posts

Majority of her vocals on ARTPOP sound worse than what's on The Fame, The Fame Monster and Born This Way though :rip:

I understand she's annoyed her "artistic" vision never seems to be in her full control but she should stop biting the hand that feeds her otherwise she'll have an ARTPOP 2.0

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GagaMyBlood95

Well duh, just listen to "The Fame".

I'm glad she stopped "giving" them what they want because her voice is BEAUTIFUL just the way it is..

MarryTheSequins

I think she used them because it was her first time doing an EDM album, and it's better sounding with energizing/robotic vocals.

I get it somewhat for ARTPOP the song but it just sounds so much more perfect with her raw voice, we all know she can sing. I think it was her decision (or at least partially) to use the effects :(

Didymus

The vibrato thing is something I've been thinking forever, I'm glad she spoke up about it.

She does sound extremely unnatural on literally all of her albums.

djBuffoon

ARTPOP okay, I understand (and can hear it), but I can honestly not hear it in her early stuff. Like people have said, it's very obvious in HML, but that's it. 

"Love Game", "Poker Face", "Just Dance", "So Happy I Could Die", "Telephone", "Alejandro", etc. Very blatant AutoTune use, it's hard to miss.

South Blonde

Exactly. Not sure why some are calling out ARTPOP, it seems to have been used less and less on her voice since The Fame (or at least more prudently).

This

Don't you think maybe they are the same thing? Love and attention?

SharGaga

I agree with her. I don't like the unnecessary autotune especially in some songs in ARTPOP. The autotune in Gypsy is completely unnecessary. It's like they sucked the life out of her vocals. So annoying.

Laceface

Did you get this picture from the Celebrity Close-Ups account on twitter? :lmao:

There's a whole website for it, it's brilliant :p 

XoXoJoanneGaga

Majority of her vocals on ARTPOP sound worse than what's on The Fame, The Fame Monster and Born This Way though :rip:

I understand she's annoyed her "artistic" vision never seems to be in her full control but she should stop biting the hand that feeds her otherwise she'll have an ARTPOP 2.0

She's including ARTPOP in this I'm sure. The album is loaded with vocal processing. It's clear that after doing Cheek to Cheek, she's going to go raw, so she considers her first 4 albums the first part of her career.

Morphine Prince

I can see it. On The Fame she sounds very unnatural. On TFM and BTW she sounds better but there are songs where I see what she's saying. On ARTPOP I see that her voice does sound more natural although since the songs are very EDM influenced, I can see why they added some effects to it. 

Archived