Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga calls out her record label for controlling her voice

XoXoJoanneGaga

Featured Posts

XoXoJoanneGaga

10660311_847214925297980_791344768590076

Pop star Lady Gaga has hit out at recording studio bosses for using voice-adjusting software on her music, insisting she often sounds like a "robot" on her albums.

The Poker Face hitmaker has accused officials at her record label of trying to "control" her early career and blames them for demanding that her singing should be made to sound more "radio-friendly".

She alleges studio staff were ordered to increase the use of pitch-tuning software to correct any imperfect singing during the early days of her career, which left her vocals sounding unnatural.

Gaga tells British magazine Seven, "There's been a part of me that has been quiet for a long time that is now being reawakened, after years of producers and record label people telling me to make my voice sound more radio-friendly. They take the vibrato out so you sound like a robot... They really control you, especially in the beginning. Although it was still my songs, and I still had a lot to say about the production, the vocal was something that they really, really wanted to control. So my vocal presence has been kind of the smallest presence about me for a long time."

http://www.younghollywood.com/news/lady-gaga-accuses-record-bosses-of-forcing-her-to-adjust-vocals.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+YoungHollywoodNews+%28Young+Hollywood+NEWS%29

I think now we can safely say she was serious when she said she wouldn't use auto-tune again. Are you excited for the next stage or her career?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sugarfall

Her vocals have never sounded unnatural on albums tho :shrug: Only on a few songs like HML where it was obvs intentional

I always felt that she used it like she used any other instrument. It never takes away from the song, and it's not like she uses it in live performances, so I don't really see an issue with it.

HermioneGranger

She sounds very high pitched and like a robot in her earlier works, especially on Poker Face. But I think that the robot voice on Poker Face worked.

Laceface

I think it's more of a personal issue to her than it is to us  :shrug: I mean yeah pokerface but it worked there 

Iismetti, on 08 Sept 2014 - 19:38, said:

Her vocals have never sounded unnatural on albums tho :shrug: Only on a few songs like HML where it was obvs intentional

This :confused:

Why can she justify using it excessively in some songs, but then suddenly be totally against it?

LetsGetHigh

ARTPOP vocals tho :( idk if it's auto tune or some other software but

I think she used them because it was her first time doing an EDM album, and it's better sounding with energizing/robotic vocals.

djBuffoon

This :confused:

Why can she justify using it excessively in some songs, but then suddenly be totally against it?

Exactly. Not sure why some are calling out ARTPOP, it seems to have been used less and less on her voice since The Fame (or at least more prudently).

Oh damn... :shocked:

She needs to EXPOSE everyone responsible for ****ing up the Gypsy vocals, I mean :awkney:

Anyways, glad to see her 'coming out' about this. Hopefully she can slay 'em with this Classic Rock record and ha au natural vocals :legend:

ARTPOP okay, I understand (and can hear it), but I can honestly not hear it in her early stuff. Like people have said, it's very obvious in HML, but that's it.  :shrug:

SummerGirl21

I always felt that she used it like she used any other instrument. It never takes away from the song, and it's not like she uses it in live performances, so I don't really see an issue with it.

agreed. 

Archived